Windows 10: How to Activate Keyboard in "Tablet Mode" convertible laptop

Discus and support How to Activate Keyboard in "Tablet Mode" convertible laptop in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I am running fully updated Windows 10 on an HP Spectre x360 convertible. I believe that Windows 10 automatically disables the physical keyboard when... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by NealScribner, Oct 29, 2020.

1. How to Activate Keyboard in "Tablet Mode" convertible laptop

I am running fully updated Windows 10 on an HP Spectre x360 convertible.

I believe that Windows 10 automatically disables the physical keyboard when the convertible is

folded over. This appears to be the case even if I have used the tablet setting "Do not ask or switch".

Indeed, the screen remains in non-tablet mode when I fold the covertible over with that setting,

but the physical keyboard is disabled.

I also believe there is a way to prevent the disabling of the physical keyboard, but cannot find the setting, nor

do I know its name, though I was told it is "Auto Lock the keyboard"; Cannot find that either.

I want to use the computer and its physical keyboard with another monitor, and with the laptop monitor face down on my desk.

How do I do this ??

Thanks for any help.

:)

NealScribner, Oct 29, 2020
  2. Ashervyer Win User

Tablet Mode Keyboard

I have a Windows 10 HP ENVY x360 Convertible. Whenever I switch from laptop to tablet mode, I expect the regular keyboard to disable itself, but it doesn't. Thus, when I turn it into tablet mode, the regular keyboard's keys hit the table and it keeps typing.
    Is there any way I can disable the keyboard in tablet mode?

Ashervyer, Oct 29, 2020
  3. NdMk2o1o Win User
    how to convert a laptop into the tablet?

Not pheasible as you would need to replace the screen with a touch screen also the keyboard is housed in the main body with the components so there is no way to get rid of that, so in essence you would just have a laptop with a touch screen. Can't be done at least not for cheaper than buying a tablet...

NdMk2o1o, Oct 29, 2020
  4. How to Activate Keyboard in "Tablet Mode" convertible laptop

Disable Keyboard and Trackpad in Tablet Mode

Hi,

I just upgraded to Windows 10 and I had a question about the tablet mode feature. I have a 2-in-1 convertible laptop, but when folding it into tablet mode the keyboard and trackpad are only disabled when the laptop is fully folded.

I don't know why it is set up this way as it would make more sense to disable the trackpad and keyboard once the screen is past 180 degrees.

I noticed the tablet mode activates once the laptop is past 180 degrees so is there anyway to set the keyboard and trackpad to automatically disable when Windows 10 is in tablet mode?

Thanks!

Legacy.EXE, Oct 29, 2020
Thema:

How to Activate Keyboard in "Tablet Mode" convertible laptop

1. How to Activate Keyboard in "Tablet Mode" convertible laptop - Similar Threads - Activate Keyboard Tablet

2. How do I turn on the display directly in tablet mode in a 2in1 convertible laptop?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I turn on the display directly in tablet mode in a 2in1 convertible laptop?: I am using windows 11 on a 2 in1 convertible laptop. How do I turn on the display directly in tablet mode? There are no buttons and keyboard is also disabled in tablet mode. I have to rotate it back in laptop mode and then turn on the screen every time. is there a better way...
  3. How do I turn on the display directly in tablet mode in a 2in1 convertible laptop?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I turn on the display directly in tablet mode in a 2in1 convertible laptop?: I am using windows 11 on a 2 in1 convertible laptop. How do I turn on the display directly in tablet mode? There are no buttons and keyboard is also disabled in tablet mode. I have to rotate it back in laptop mode and then turn on the screen every time. is there a better way...
  4. Keyboard Functionality in Tablet Mode

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Keyboard Functionality in Tablet Mode: I have a Lenovo Yoga 530.My keyboard has not worked for a long while now in tablet mode - when I flip the screen to automatically go into tablet mode or activate tablet mode using the notification panel. The keyboard option is selected in the taskbar and the icon is visible....
  5. Keyboard Functionality in Tablet Mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Keyboard Functionality in Tablet Mode: I have a Lenovo Yoga 530.My keyboard has not worked for a long while now in tablet mode - when I flip the screen to automatically go into tablet mode or activate tablet mode using the notification panel. The keyboard option is selected in the taskbar and the icon is visible....
  6. Keyboard Functionality in Tablet Mode

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Tablet mode not working correctly on HP Envy Convertible laptop

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Tablet mode not working correctly on HP Envy Convertible laptop: I don't even know what caused this one, I reinstalled windows because i had the wrong edition installed, and ever since I did that, the tablet mode of my laptop stopped working correctly. It is a convertible laptop so i can fold it and use it as a tablet, but when I fold it,...
  8. Tablet screen keyboard while not in tablet mode

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Tablet screen keyboard while not in tablet mode: I have an HP Envy X360. Until recently I could turn on the tablet on-screen keyboard while it was functioning as a laptop. This was really useful as I have arm injuries and sometimes I can barely type. The swipe function was great. Since I did a fresh install of windows this...
  9. Keyboard & Tablet Mode

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Keyboard & Tablet Mode: My computer is an HP Spectre and I have two questions: 1) I'm trying get my keyboard to disable when I'm in tablet mode, because whenever I hit a key it messes up what I'm doing. How can I easily disable my keyboard without uninstalling it? 2) My keyboard makes sounds when...
  10. touch keyboard in tablet mode

in Windows 10 Customization
    touch keyboard in tablet mode: When I am in tablet mode on my surface (without the keyboard attached), and i proceed to activate the on-screen touch keyboard, it doesn't activate when i touch it or prompt it. I would appreciate any feedback on that issue. Thanks...