Windows 10: How to activate my windows 10 pro upgrade digital license bought from microsoft store to a...

Discus and support How to activate my windows 10 pro upgrade digital license bought from microsoft store to a... in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I bought a windows 10 pro upgrade via Microsoft store when I got my surface pro6came with windows10 home. After I got my new windows desktopcame with... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by ajiang38740, Mar 19, 2020.

1. How to activate my windows 10 pro upgrade digital license bought from microsoft store to a...

I bought a windows 10 pro upgrade via Microsoft store when I got my surface pro6came with windows10 home. After I got my new windows desktopcame with windows 10 home, I want to remove my Microsoft 10 pro license from Surface Pro6 and move to the new desktop.

This is what I have done

1. Removed windows10 pro license from surface pro via command:

slmgr.vbs /upk

This was successful

2. reinstalled surface pro6 with recovery image. It is successful and the activation shows "Edition: Windows 10 Home" as expected.

3. Now I am not sure how to activate windows10 pro digital license on my widows 10 home desktop.

I have tried both local and Microsoft ID account on the new computer.

Only thing available on the setting -> upgrade & security -> Activation is the "change product key".

Since it is digital license, I don't have the product key.

Microsoft virtual help agent doesn't help.

And I am not able to get to talk a live support personal after waiting for 30 minutes.

I am stuck. Please help!!!

:)

ajiang38740, Mar 19, 2020

2. Windows 10 PRO bought on Microsoft Store

Yes, you can.

Windows 10 Pro Pack key

When you purchase a Windows 10 Pro Pack using the
    Easy Upgrade
    option in Windows 10 Home, you don’t receive a product key. Instead, the

digital license is attached to your Microsoft Account
    ; used to make the purchase. If you decide to transfer the Windows 10 Pro Pack to another computer, you can do so using the

Activation Troubleshooter

How to activate my windows 10 pro upgrade digital license bought from microsoft store to a... go-to-store-474x480.png

Transfer Windows 10 Pro Pack Key to a new Computer
    • Open Settings > Update & security > Activation > Troubleshooter.
    • Sign in with your Microsoft Account used to purchase the Pro Pack license.
    • After troubleshooting is completed, Windows 10 will indicate a digital license for Windows 10 Pro has been found.
    • Click Activate Windows then follow the on-screen wizard.

How to activate my windows 10 pro upgrade digital license bought from microsoft store to a... Digital-License-Found-640x400.png

Source:
    https://www.groovypost.com/howto/find-your-windows-10-product-key/

Andre Da Costa, Mar 19, 2020
  3. gatorback Win User
    How does a Windows 10 'digital license' activate the OS?

source: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/12440/windows-10-activation

Does MS digital license 'fingerprint' hardware information during the free upgrade / activation and store it (at Microsoft) , so that the next re-install queries MS for the fingerprint and activates Windows 10?

Thought the disk drive may change, I expect that none of the other fingerprinted hardware will change.

gatorback, Mar 19, 2020
  4. Chg101 Win User

How to activate my windows 10 pro upgrade digital license bought from microsoft store to a...

Windows 10 Pro digital license transfer

Hi,

I'm trying to transfer my windows 10 pro license to a new pc but it won't work. I've read about every help pages there is on this topic, but none solved my issue, so here I am.

Here's the situation : I just bought a new laptop and I'm trying to transfer my windows 10 pro license from my old laptop to the new one.

The old laptop originally came with Windows 10 Home OEM, which I upgraded to Pro using the Microsoft Store Upgrade earlier this year. I've now gone through the steps of linking my Microsoft Account one my old laptop so that I get the "Windows is activated
    with a digital license linked to your Microsoft account" message with my Windows 10 Pro license and I made sure my device appears on my Microsoft account.

On my new laptop, I connected my Microsoft account, but the license shows as Windows 10 Home. I then ran the "slmgr /upk" command to uninstall the license from the old laptop and I also removed the old laptop from my Microsoft account. Still, if I try the
    Activation troubleshoot on the new laptop, it always stays on the Windows 10 Home license.

I'm out of ideas, every article I read about transferring a retail Windows 10 Pro digital license said that it was as easy as linking the license to my Microsoft account and then connecting that account on the new PC, but that doesn't work.

Basically, I want my old laptop to revert to its original Windows 10 Home OEM license and I want to upgrade my new laptop from Windows 10 Home to Pro using my digital license bought on the Microsoft Store.

Anybody here knows how to fix this mess?

Thanks

Chg101, Mar 19, 2020
Thema:

How to activate my windows 10 pro upgrade digital license bought from microsoft store to a...

1. How to activate my windows 10 pro upgrade digital license bought from microsoft store to a... - Similar Threads - activate pro upgrade

2. No activate Windows 10 pro digital license.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No activate Windows 10 pro digital license.: No activate Windows 10 pro digital license.VNX4T-BFJHJ-DKV6T-KH87X-TF4DB https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/no-activate-windows-10-pro-digital-license/27dd9343-0506-49e4-b133-33440fa227b5
  3. No activate Windows 10 pro digital license.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    No activate Windows 10 pro digital license.: No activate Windows 10 pro digital license.VNX4T-BFJHJ-DKV6T-KH87X-TF4DB https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/no-activate-windows-10-pro-digital-license/27dd9343-0506-49e4-b133-33440fa227b5
  4. Windows 10 Pro Activated with Digital License

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Pro Activated with Digital License: Hi, I am using PC with genuine Windows 7 Pro. I have change the HDD of the PC to SSD and reactivate the windows to Windows 10 Pro using the installer that I download from windows installation media tool- https://www.microsoft.com/en-au/software-download/windows10 . I click I...
  5. Windows 10 Pro Activated with Digital License

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 Pro Activated with Digital License: Hi, I am using PC with genuine Windows 7 Pro. I have change the HDD of the PC to SSD and reactivate the windows to Windows 10 Pro using the installer that I download from windows installation media tool- https://www.microsoft.com/en-au/software-download/windows10 . I click I...
  6. Windows 10 Pro Activated with Digital License

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
  7. Transfer Windows 10 PRO digital license bought from Microsoft Store to new owner.

Transfer Windows 10 PRO digital license bought from Microsoft Store to new owner.: So, I bought a used laptop. Originally, it came with Windows 10 HOME, but the previous owner bought the Windows 10 PRO upgrade for it from the Microsoft Store. That apparently only comes with a digital license tied to the previous owner's Microsoft account. It has no PRO...
  8. How to use/license Windows Pro bought from Store?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How to use/license Windows Pro bought from Store?: I have a Huawei laptop that came with Windows 10 Home. I went ahead and bought Windows 10 Pro from the store. However, I don't know how to use the purchase. How do I get my license key as it's not available in the orders page? Screenshot of the purchase with no license key...
  9. How to Transfer Windows Store bought "digital Windows 10 Pro upgrade license" to a new laptop

How to Transfer Windows Store bought "digital Windows 10 Pro upgrade license" to a new laptop: Hi guys. I have this Acer Predator 15 which came with Windows 10 Home. and I upgraded to Windows 10 Pro through the Windows Store 2yrs ago. Is it possible to transfer that digital Pro upgrade license to my new laptop (which again came with Home version preinstalled)?...
  10. Windows 10 pro digital license not activating

Windows 10 pro digital license not activating: Hello, I'm upgrading my pc with a new motherboard and cpu. I've logged in with my microsoft account and didn't activated. I've gone through all troubleshoot part even the "I changed hardware on this device recently", I did find my old pc there but it keeping saying "unable to...