Windows 10: How to activate newly purchased additional Onedrive space

Discus and support How to activate newly purchased additional Onedrive space in Windows 10 Backup and Restore to solve the problem; I recently spent $69.99 to buy 1 TB additional storage space for my OneDrive. I downloaded the space (I think) but I'm still getting messages that I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Backup and Restore' started by MarkB, Jan 24, 2020.

1. MarkB Win User

How to activate newly purchased additional Onedrive space

I recently spent $69.99 to buy 1 TB additional storage space for my OneDrive. I downloaded the space (I think) but I'm still getting messages that I have run out of space. Many of my folders in File Explorer have read X's on them. I have about 400 GB total in files and folders so the 1 TB is more than enough. But how do I access it?

Multiple chats and emails with MS have yielded nothing so far.

I have Win10-64

Many thanks.

:)

MarkB, Jan 24, 2020

2. Windows 10 - OneDrive

Right click on the app and one of the properties has an option to not automatically start it. Uncheck, restart the computer, and it should stop. If you want to go another step further, find the OneDrive app in the start menu, right click on it and uninstall.

If that is still insufficient, there is a batch uninstaller for OneDrive available online. I can copy the code here if you need it.

FordGT90Concept, Jan 24, 2020
  3. Peer_Sam Win User
    OneDrive folder connection lost after 1903 upgrade

Hi Saurabh,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

To be on the safer, you may try copying the files from the old OneDrive folder to the newly created one rather than using the cut/paste feature and see if it stops downloading (sync) the content from your OneDrive account to the local PC.

We do have a dedicated support for OneDrive related issues, I suggest to get in touch with OneDrive Support team, where we have the support professionals well equipped with the knowledge on this subject. Please follow the steps given below.

• Sign in to OneDrive.com from any browser.
    • Click the ‘?’ help icon on the top banner of the page and select
      Email OneDrive support.
    • Submit your question and follow the prompts to request support.

For additional help, please refer to the following article.

OneDrive Help Center

Regards,

Peer Samie

Microsoft Community-Moderator

Peer_Sam, Jan 24, 2020
  4. How to activate newly purchased additional Onedrive space

Can't purchase additional activities in Fresh Paint

I installed Fresh Paint onto my new computer, but no additional activities are available to purchase. I already purchased one activity within the app (Friends Pack) and I see that one, but none of the other packs show up. I tried uninstalling then re-installing
    the app, but it still doesn't show any other activities (even to purchase). Can someone help me?

KristinKop, Jan 24, 2020
Thema:

How to activate newly purchased additional Onedrive space

1. How to activate newly purchased additional Onedrive space - Similar Threads - activate newly purchased

2. How to comply with Microsoft requirement for additional OneDrive space--I'm confused

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to comply with Microsoft requirement for additional OneDrive space--I'm confused: Using my PC has become nearly impossible without first dealing with the issue of space required for OneDrive. This isn't a rant. I seriously need to learn how to continue to use the Microsoft Windows 10 operating system to manage my daily activities as I've done for many...
  3. How to comply with Microsoft requirement for additional OneDrive space--I'm confused

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to comply with Microsoft requirement for additional OneDrive space--I'm confused: Using my PC has become nearly impossible without first dealing with the issue of space required for OneDrive. This isn't a rant. I seriously need to learn how to continue to use the Microsoft Windows 10 operating system to manage my daily activities as I've done for many...
  4. How to comply with Microsoft requirement for additional OneDrive space--I'm confused

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. How to activate Windows 10 Pro version 1607 on a newly purchased workstation with digital...

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    How to activate Windows 10 Pro version 1607 on a newly purchased workstation with digital...: Recently I just purchased a new HP workstation c/w Windows 11 Pro activated with a digital license. Due to the software compatibility issue, I had downgraded the OS to Windows 10 Pro version 1607. However, I failed to activate the newly formatted Windows 10 Pro version 1607...
  6. Unable to Activate a Newly Purchased Windows 10 Home

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to Activate a Newly Purchased Windows 10 Home: I cannot activate the Windows 10 Home I purchased yesterday from Office Works. I have entered the product code an Microsoft keeps redirecting me all over the place rather than actually allowing me to activate it....
  7. Unable to Activate a Newly Purchased Windows 10 Home

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to Activate a Newly Purchased Windows 10 Home: I cannot activate the Windows 10 Home I purchased yesterday from Office Works. I have entered the product code an Microsoft keeps redirecting me all over the place rather than actually allowing me to activate it....
  8. Cannot activate newly purchased windows 10 pro license

Cannot activate newly purchased windows 10 pro license: 1. Upgraded from windows 10 home to windows 10 pro via the microsoft store 2. Windows now prompts for activation, it was a digital license bought through my MS account, it should auto activate but it does not 3. I have the windows 10 pro purchase in my order history,...
  9. additional folders for OneDrive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    additional folders for OneDrive: So I had an issue earlier with red X's and got that resolved. But now I was thinking. If I want to upload things automatically that aren't in my OneDrive folder how do I do that? I don't want to have to make sure to move everything to the OneDrive folder....
  10. Newly purchased Windows 8.1

Newly purchased Windows 8.1: Hello, I plan to purchase Windows 8.1 BOX edition in coming days. Can I still upgrade it to Windows 10 for free? In other words, if purchase and activation of 8.1 happens after release date of 10, can I still get free upgrade? I'm asking for obvious reason - 8.1 is...