Windows 10: How to activate previously activated Win 10 on Win 7 laptop after crash leads to clean...

Discus and support How to activate previously activated Win 10 on Win 7 laptop after crash leads to clean... in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; During the period when upgrading to Win 10 was free, I did that with my Win 7x64 Home laptop and then rolled back, figuring sooner or later I'd come... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by highstream, Dec 10, 2018.

1. How to activate previously activated Win 10 on Win 7 laptop after crash leads to clean...

During the period when upgrading to Win 10 was free, I did that with my Win 7x64 Home laptop and then rolled back, figuring sooner or later I'd come back to it when I had the time or need. Yesterday while uninstalling some programs, the laptop went into a data dump and then Windows couldn't repair itself. The result was a spontaneous reimaging, reformatting of the SSD and reinstallation of Win 7 and the ASUS software. I assume whatever kept track of the Win 10 install is gone. It seems like a good time now to do the upgrade, but how do I establish the previous activation process? Thanks,

:)

highstream, Dec 10, 2018
  2. Caring1 Win User

Windows 10 activation question

This ^^^ a clean install can also be done if your system previously had W8.1.
    No new key is assigned, the original key is used and is automatically assigned to W10 after 30 days.

Caring1, Dec 10, 2018
  3. Bjorn_foo Win User
    Crashed Win 7 machine, restore to clean Win 10 ?

Hi

My win 7 machines has crashed beyond repair it seams. Does not boot to windows anymore.

I do not have a win 7 restore DVD or similar.

Could I go directly for a clean Win 10 through the upgrade tool, or will this give me activation issues using my Win 7 key How to activate previously activated Win 10 on Win 7 laptop after crash leads to clean... :) ?

I have the Win 7 OEM license/product sticker on the machine, with serial key.

BR

Bjørn

Bjorn_foo, Dec 10, 2018
  4. How to activate previously activated Win 10 on Win 7 laptop after crash leads to clean...

activation win 10 from win 7

Dear Team, iam facing problems regarding win 10 activation. i had clean installed win 10 hp single language on my win 7 hp laptop. now when iam activation the windows it is saying this product key is not suitable for this version of windows. pls help in
    this regard. i have tried to contact and chat with tech support several times but no proper resolution provided. my reference no is 1348420144,1347761262 and 1347540035. each time i was not provided with solution. hence anyone in community kindly help.

subham upadhayay, Dec 10, 2018
Thema:

How to activate previously activated Win 10 on Win 7 laptop after crash leads to clean...

1. How to activate previously activated Win 10 on Win 7 laptop after crash leads to clean... - Similar Threads - activate previously activated

2. Win 10 Activation with win 7 Key, is this legal?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Win 10 Activation with win 7 Key, is this legal?: Hi, I want to ask, I just bought a computer, and to my surprise, it turns out that the Windows I use uses an illegal license, and I have an OEM Windows 7 license and I know if Windows 10 can be activated using the Windows 10 key, which I want to ask , is it legal if I use the...
  3. Win 10 not activated after upgrading from activated Win 8.1

Win 10 not activated after upgrading from activated Win 8.1: Hi. I've taken my laptop to a local PC shop to get it upgraded from Win 8.1 as it was extremely buggy. They upgraded to Win 10 Pro, but over time I started getting pop up messages asking to activate windows. Windows 8.1 was activated, as it came directly from the...
  4. Win 7 Pro to Win 10 Pro doesn't Activate

Win 7 Pro to Win 10 Pro doesn't Activate: I have a very good 8 years old Sony Vaio Laptop (Sandy Bridge i5, 8G of memory) with Win 7 Pro SLP license that was a gift from my nephew. It is activated. I decided to upgrade it to Win 10 1909 pro. I cloned the disk, booted into Win 7 Pro and ran setup from a USB Win 10...
  5. Activation problem after upgrading from Win 7 to Win 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Activation problem after upgrading from Win 7 to Win 10: When I check activation it shows "Unable to reach Windows activation servers". I have wireless connection thru router, in fact I logged into this forum and entered this post on laptop with the problem (#1 system info in profile). Any ideas? 141839
  6. Activating Win 10 pro with Win 7 pro

Activating Win 10 pro with Win 7 pro: I installed Windows 10 pro as a VMware Workstation 14 Player Virtual Machine. I tried to activate it using the product key from an OEM Win7 pro DVD I purchased for a pc I built years ago (and then disassembled months ago). That didn't work. Any ideas? Thanks for any...
  7. Win 10 Activation with Win 7 licence

Win 10 Activation with Win 7 licence: Hello, i am planning to do a clean installation of Windows 10 and activate it with the key from the COA sticker on the same pc which is currently running OEM Windows 7 Home Premium. As i understand it, the iso/esd created by the media creation tool contains both Win 10...
  8. Win 10 previously activated, now it's not !!

Win 10 previously activated, now it's not !!: Hi folks and guru's etc. Strange problem for me. Upgraded from Win 7 Professional last August, not long after Win 10 was released. Went ok at the time, any issues I had were soon resolved. Until last week that is. Not sure if it was an update that done this to my aging PC,...
  9. Must a clean install be on the same machine to Activate with a Win 7

Must a clean install be on the same machine to Activate with a Win 7: Must a clean install be on the same machine to Activate with a Win 7 or 8 key? 29846
  10. Clean Win 10 Install on Win 7 PC Activated, with No Previous Upgrade

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Clean Win 10 Install on Win 7 PC Activated, with No Previous Upgrade: My brother has an older Dell Latitude E6400 laptop that came with Windows 7 Pro. It had not been upgraded to Windows 10. He bought a new SSD drive for the laptop. I thought I would try an experiment and see if a clean install of Windows 10 on the new SSD drive would...