Windows 10: How to activate the original Windows 10 license that came along with my laptop in a Virtual...

Discus and support How to activate the original Windows 10 license that came along with my laptop in a Virtual... in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hi, I had an activated version of Windows 10 Pro on my laptop. But my needs changed and I switched to a Linux host on my laptop and I installed a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by DavidNeumark, Jul 8, 2019.

1. How to activate the original Windows 10 license that came along with my laptop in a Virtual...

Hi,

I had an activated version of Windows 10 Pro on my laptop. But my needs changed and I switched to a Linux host on my laptop and I installed a virtual machine with a Windows on it. As Windows 10 Pro activation is based on your hardware, I am not able to install it on the virtual machine using my original product key. What do I do to activate my license in Virtual Machine?

:)

DavidNeumark, Jul 8, 2019

2. Windows 10 license transfer

Thanks Andre.

i bought the license. My laptop was originally loaded with win 7 and was upgraded free couple of months.

in this case, if i understand you correctly, i can transfer with below steps. Right.?

let me buy my new laptop and try below.

and to my question do you have an update.

does OS upgrades if my activation key is changed.

thanks

sai

SainandhanKandasamy, Jul 8, 2019
  3. Recon-UK Win User
    Windows 10 upgrade license

Ahem... lost my activation when upgrading from AMD Phenom II to my XEON...
    Installed "legit" activated Windows 7 Ultimate x64, and yes i paid for the license originally, but that key no longer works.. i paid more than enough to MS *Shadedshun :shadedshu:
    Anyway once 7 is installed.. go here... https://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/software-download/windows10
    Click Upgrade Now, it will give you a download with an app that gives you legit activated Windows 10 based on your Win 7 activation.

How to activate the original Windows 10 license that came along with my laptop in a Virtual... untitled-png.png

Recon-UK, Jul 8, 2019
  4. P4-630 Win User

How to activate the original Windows 10 license that came along with my laptop in a Virtual...

DOWNLOAD WINDOWS 10 NOW - Upgrade and ISO direct from microsoft

Click to expand... Yeah I went to that site, why do I need to buy a key?
    I won't buy a key, stupid.

I'll revert back to windows 7 then.

When I still was on windows 7, about a year ago I added 4GB extra ram which is a total of 8GB now,
    is that causing the problem?

P4-630, Jul 8, 2019
Thema:

How to activate the original Windows 10 license that came along with my laptop in a Virtual...

1. How to activate the original Windows 10 license that came along with my laptop in a Virtual... - Similar Threads - activate original license

2. How do I activate my new work Surface laptop that came with a home license

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I activate my new work Surface laptop that came with a home license: We use Intune for our Windows MDM and my Surface was set up with it. In System > Activation I can see that I'm now on Windows 11 Enterprise. However, it is also showing that my license is not active. Does this have to do with the fact that the Surface came with a Windows Home...
  3. How do I activate my new work Surface laptop that came with a home license

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I activate my new work Surface laptop that came with a home license: We use Intune for our Windows MDM and my Surface was set up with it. In System > Activation I can see that I'm now on Windows 11 Enterprise. However, it is also showing that my license is not active. Does this have to do with the fact that the Surface came with a Windows Home...
  4. Will I be able to recover my original windows license that came with my laptop if I change...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Will I be able to recover my original windows license that came with my laptop if I change...: Hi! I use an Asus Vivobook pro 15 oled m3500qc with 512 GB SSD. My laptop came with an original copy of Windows 10 Home. I have upgraded to Windows 11. I want to replace my SSD with a 1 TB one. If I do that, I will definitely have to reinstall Windows. My question is, what...
  5. Will I be able to recover my original windows license that came with my laptop if I change...

Will I be able to recover my original windows license that came with my laptop if I change...: Hi! I use an Asus Vivobook pro 15 oled m3500qc with 512 GB SSD. My laptop came with an original copy of Windows 10 Home. I have upgraded to Windows 11. I want to replace my SSD with a 1 TB one. If I do that, I will definitely have to reinstall Windows. My question is, what...
  6. How to restore the original Windows 10 that came with ASUS laptop?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to restore the original Windows 10 that came with ASUS laptop?: Hello there,I bought an used ASUS Zenbook pro 15 and it seems that the copy of Windows 10 system on it is not the one that came originally with the laptop. I knew that since I'm trying to install the ScreenPad 2.0 Upgrade Tool and it's keep giving me an error message that...
  7. How to restore the original Windows 10 that came with ASUS laptop?

How to restore the original Windows 10 that came with ASUS laptop?: Hello there,I bought an used ASUS Zenbook pro 15 and it seems that the copy of Windows 10 system on it is not the one that came originally with the laptop. I knew that since I'm trying to install the ScreenPad 2.0 Upgrade Tool and it's keep giving me an error message that...
  8. How to restore the original Windows 10 that came with ASUS laptop?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  9. Is Windows activated by Digital License original ?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is Windows activated by Digital License original ?: In my Activation menu it says "Windows is activated with a digital license linked to your Microsoft Account". My OS is Win 10 Home SL which came preinstalled with my recent laptop. submitted by /u/SolarisAZ [link] [comments]...
  10. How to activate my windows on laptop, it came after repair

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    How to activate my windows on laptop, it came after repair: How to activate my windows on laptop, it came after repair https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-activate-my-windows-on-laptop-it-came-after/d8d0c06b-a834-4bde-9499-d4537f8a4c31"