Windows 10: How to activate the original Windows 10 license that came along with my laptop in a Virtual...

Discus and support How to activate the original Windows 10 license that came along with my laptop in a Virtual... in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hi, I had an activated version of Windows 10 Pro on my laptop. But my needs changed and I switched to a Linux host on my laptop and I installed a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by DavidNeumark, Jul 8, 2019.

1. How to activate the original Windows 10 license that came along with my laptop in a Virtual...

Hi,

I had an activated version of Windows 10 Pro on my laptop. But my needs changed and I switched to a Linux host on my laptop and I installed a virtual machine with a Windows on it. As Windows 10 Pro activation is based on your hardware, I am not able to install it on the virtual machine using my original product key. What do I do to activate my license in Virtual Machine?

:)

DavidNeumark, Jul 8, 2019

2. Windows 10 license transfer

Thanks Andre.

i bought the license. My laptop was originally loaded with win 7 and was upgraded free couple of months.

in this case, if i understand you correctly, i can transfer with below steps. Right.?

let me buy my new laptop and try below.

and to my question do you have an update.

does OS upgrades if my activation key is changed.

thanks

sai

SainandhanKandasamy, Jul 8, 2019
  3. Recon-UK Win User
    Windows 10 upgrade license

Ahem... lost my activation when upgrading from AMD Phenom II to my XEON...
    Installed "legit" activated Windows 7 Ultimate x64, and yes i paid for the license originally, but that key no longer works.. i paid more than enough to MS *Shadedshun :shadedshu:
    Anyway once 7 is installed.. go here... https://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/software-download/windows10
    Click Upgrade Now, it will give you a download with an app that gives you legit activated Windows 10 based on your Win 7 activation.

How to activate the original Windows 10 license that came along with my laptop in a Virtual... untitled-png.png

Recon-UK, Jul 8, 2019
  4. P4-630 Win User

How to activate the original Windows 10 license that came along with my laptop in a Virtual...

DOWNLOAD WINDOWS 10 NOW - Upgrade and ISO direct from microsoft

Click to expand... Yeah I went to that site, why do I need to buy a key?
    I won't buy a key, stupid.

I'll revert back to windows 7 then.

When I still was on windows 7, about a year ago I added 4GB extra ram which is a total of 8GB now,
    is that causing the problem?

P4-630, Jul 8, 2019
Thema:

How to activate the original Windows 10 license that came along with my laptop in a Virtual...

1. How to activate the original Windows 10 license that came along with my laptop in a Virtual... - Similar Threads - activate original license

2. How to put Original Windows 10 back On Laptop?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How to put Original Windows 10 back On Laptop?: Hi there my name is jamie Bratcher and im in the middle of trying to fix my laptop still having issues. My Original Windows dissappeared when microsoft did all of the updates on my laptop and i have no way of knowing how to put it back on so i can a original factory reset....
  3. Changing my Laptop and my Windows 10 License

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Changing my Laptop and my Windows 10 License: Well, I have na old laptop with Windows 7. Some years before, Microsoft do a "promotion" what I can upgrade my Windows 7 to Windows 10 Pro. Tjis license is vinculated with my Microsoft Account. Today, I buy a new pc, and this have Windows 10 Home Single Language, and I want...
  4. is my windows 10 license on laptop transferrable?

is my windows 10 license on laptop transferrable?: i currently have a second hand laptop which was updated from windows 7 to 10 few months ago so now theres a digital license linked to my microsoft account.This laptop was a gift from someone and now i m getting a custom built pc for myself and if possible i would prefer...
  5. Transferring Windows 10 license to virtual machine

Transferring Windows 10 license to virtual machine: Hello I've just built a server and set up a KVM hypervisor on it, and now I want to transfer a little-used mini PC with a Window 10 license to a VM. What implications are there? Can I just virtualize the machine and continue with the VM, since I have a licensed copy of...
  6. How do I activate my license???

How do I activate my license???: I've tried the product key and calling support, I can't find a digital license anywhere, Windows is up to date, troubleshooting does nothing, the activation error is 0xC004F050 and none of the things apply to it, I don't know **** about computers and I'd rather not **** with...
  7. How can I enable virtualization on my windows 10 on HP laptop?

How can I enable virtualization on my windows 10 on HP laptop?: How can I enable virtualization on my windows 10 on HP laptop? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows10/28b2e296-018d-46c0-b654-811a70abb7f1
  8. How To Know What Version Of Windows Came on Laptop

in Windows 10 Support
    How To Know What Version Of Windows Came on Laptop: How To Know What Version Of Windows Came on Laptop after a Windows 10 Upgrade? I am working on a computer, and it would be very beneficial to know what version of Windows came loaded from factory. I thought is was Windows 8-8.1, but there are no drivers for this OS at the...
  9. How to reinstall Windows 10 on a laptop that was originally Windows 7

How to reinstall Windows 10 on a laptop that was originally Windows 7: About 2 years ago, I bought a Windows 7 laptop from Costco and when Windows 10b came out, the laptop had the required specifications to upgrade to Windows 10 for free which I did. Last night, the laptop had a virus and so I used the restore to default settings to bring the...
  10. OS origin for Laptop or Windows 10

in Windows 10 Support
    OS origin for Laptop or Windows 10: My NE 522 came with Windows 8 64-bit but when I was informed that I could upgrade to Windows 10 for free I jumped on it. I remember having to stair-step to 8.1 then 10 during installation. Everything seemed to be fine for a few months then the BSOD. I managed to get it going...