Windows 10: How to activate touch friendly mode wider Icons, Explorer behaves like in tablet mode...

Discus and support How to activate touch friendly mode wider Icons, Explorer behaves like in tablet mode... in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi,When I detach my keyboard the icons in the taskbar gets wider and explorer changes into a touch friendly mode like it always is in tablet mode.But... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Martini Bianco, Jun 30, 2021.

1. How to activate touch friendly mode wider Icons, Explorer behaves like in tablet mode...

Hi,When I detach my keyboard the icons in the taskbar gets wider and explorer changes into a touch friendly mode like it always is in tablet mode.But because my touch screen is of course always a touch screen, even if my keyboard is attached: How can I always activate the touch friendly mode? Why is it even connected with my keyboard. How would even people with touch screens but without detachable keyboards would use this feature?My questions regards Windows 10, but I think the question is even more relevant in Windows 11, where there is no tablet mode anymore.

:)

Martini Bianco, Jun 30, 2021
  2. gmopro Win User

Settings - Tablet Mode - Make Windows more touch friendly when using touch screen

I was on my laptop.

This did not help, but thanks for trying though. I know that about tablet mode already.

What i wanted to know whas that while i was in laptop mode and changed that setting, why did it do that to taskbar while i was in laptop mode. It did not say to change modes. It just said to Make Windows more touch friendly when using device as tablet. It
    is only supposed to make tablet more touch friendly when in tablet mode. It is not supposed to change directly to tablet mode or at least doesnt say that.

I am in laptop mode and switched this to a yes:

Make Windows more touch friendly when using your device as a tablet

gmopro, Jun 30, 2021
  3. Alden Rey Win User
    switching from tablet mode to laptop mode

Hi,

The concern you have encountered may be due to a corrupted file or a misconfigured setting. Windows 10's Tablet Mode provides a more touch-friendly experience by making all applications run at full screen and giving you a Start screen instead of a Start Menu.
    If you have a 2-in-1 device, Windows 10 asks you if you want to enter tablet mode every time you convert your notebook into a slate. Kindly follow the steps below to sort out the concern:

• Click Settings from the Start menu
    • Click System, then select Tablet Mode in the left panel. A tablet mode submenu appear
    • Toggle "Make Windows more touch-friendly . . ." to on to enable Tablet mode. Or off to go to desktop mode
    • Configure the "When this device automatically switches" menu to let Windows 10 to switch modes on your 2-in-1 prompt or not prompt you.

Should you have further concerns, feel free to post.

Regards.

Alden Rey, Jun 30, 2021
  4. How to activate touch friendly mode wider Icons, Explorer behaves like in tablet mode...

Surface Pro Touch Keyboard default under Windows 10

Hi Rose,

Sorry for replying to you late.

I would suggest you to Disable Tablet Mode.

Try the following steps:

• Click on Search icon on task bar, type Tablet Mode Settings and select it from the options
    • Turn off the settings that says "Make Windows more touch friendly"

Hope this helps.

Regards

Waseemulla S, Jun 30, 2021
Thema:

How to activate touch friendly mode wider Icons, Explorer behaves like in tablet mode...

1. How to activate touch friendly mode wider Icons, Explorer behaves like in tablet mode... - Similar Threads - activate touch friendly

2. Activate Windows 11 tablet mode touch monitor

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Activate Windows 11 tablet mode touch monitor: Hello, We have Windows 10 in tablet mode at our factory so far. This consists of a Dell fat client and the touch monitors : Dell 2424HT Dell 2418HT After the update to Windows 11, the tab mode is switched off and I now see a "normal" Windows 11 look. Is it possible to...
  3. Activate Windows 11 tablet mode touch monitor

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Activate Windows 11 tablet mode touch monitor: Hello, We have Windows 10 in tablet mode at our factory so far. This consists of a Dell fat client and the touch monitors : Dell 2424HT Dell 2418HT After the update to Windows 11, the tab mode is switched off and I now see a "normal" Windows 11 look. Is it possible to...
  4. Tablet mode touch screen not working

in Windows 10 Customization
    Tablet mode touch screen not working: I wanted to try using tablet mode, so I went to Settings < System < Tabletand then clicked on Change Additional Tablet settings. Next, I turned on Tablet mode. Then I pressed one of the buttons on the taskbar. Nothing happened. How come the touch screen isn't working?...
  5. Tablet mode touch screen doesn't work

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Tablet mode touch screen doesn't work: I have been trying to use my tablet mode but the touch screen doesn't work. I have checked and there are no HID-compliant touch screen drivers installed. Is there a way to install this driver or some other way to get the touch screen to work?...
  6. Touch screen problem in tablet mode

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Touch screen problem in tablet mode: I’ve had a weird problem with the tablet mode. When I open certain programs, the touch keyboard disappears after typing just one letter and I have to bring it back. When I click on just one letter it goes away again. I encountered this issue in chrome and a lot of other...
  7. Touch screen and tablet mode issue

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Touch screen and tablet mode issue: Hello, I have Hp convertible 360 15 broxx and recently my hard drive died. I had it changed and now i have lost all the drivers for touch screen and tablet mode. Can you help me?...
  8. tablet mode

tablet mode: I saw my brother use the tablet mode but he does not want to tell me how I put it, they could help me https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/tablet-mode/417db7cb-1d88-41a7-bcf4-ac007ef5a73f
  9. touch keyboard in tablet mode

touch keyboard in tablet mode: When I am in tablet mode on my surface (without the keyboard attached), and i proceed to activate the on-screen touch keyboard, it doesn't activate when i touch it or prompt it. I would appreciate any feedback on that issue. Thanks...
  10. Tablet Mode

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Tablet Mode: Tablet Mode doesn"t work Windows 10 64 bit https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/apps_windows_10-winapps-appscat_tools/tablet-mode/20aaec50-f38f-4066-a10f-8fa9bb6a02b7