Windows 10: How to activate win10pro on new computer using win7pro license?

Discus and support How to activate win10pro on new computer using win7pro license? in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; My computer died. I got a new motherboard and cpu, downloaded and installed win10pro. When I tried to activate using my win7pro upgrade product key,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by DavidWegner1, Mar 25, 2020.

1. How to activate win10pro on new computer using win7pro license?

My computer died. I got a new motherboard and cpu, downloaded and installed win10pro. When I tried to activate using my win7pro upgrade product key, it didn't activate. Tried logging into my Microsoft account, that didn't work either. How can I get this activated?

:)

DavidWegner1, Mar 25, 2020

2. Win10Pro transfer to new PC

I bought a PC with Win7Pro already installed (the sticker refers to OEM). This was updated to Win10Pro. The motherboard on this PC has now died and I need to purchase another. Most come with Win10Home and I would wish to transfer the licence from the dead
    PC to the new one. Unfortunately, I do not have a Win10Pro licence key to hand (or access to it as the PC is dead). I do have the original disc and the key for the Win7Pro. I cannot find a straightforward answer as to whether I can upgrade a Win10Home installation
    to Win10Pro using the Win7Pro key. Please advise.

MertonEarl, Mar 25, 2020
  3. L'Adair Win User
    Networking Win10Pro to Win7Pro stopped working. How do I fix it?

Thank you, Pauli O, for your reply, instructions and the link.

I was never able to get the two computers talking to each other using a "Private" network, so I've been using "Public" all this time. (The Modem/Router is secure, with a strong password.) I do not have Powershell installed. I do have both computers with
    the same login username and password.

I do not get the error "\\PCNAME path not found" The error I do get is "Your computer appears to be correctly configured, but the device or resource (PCNAME) is not responding."

All the services you listed are running and set to Automatic. Network Discovery and File and Printer Sharing are set to On and Password protected sharing is Off.

Both computers "see" the other in the Network folder. The Win7Pro computer can access, read and write files and folders on the Win10Pro machine. The Win10Pro computer cannot access the Win7Pro machine.

L'Adair, Mar 25, 2020
  4. How to activate win10pro on new computer using win7pro license?

Re-activating Win 10

I upgraded digitally from Win7Pro to the free version of Win10Pro. After installing a new motherboard, Win10 refuses to re-activate. How can I re-activate my digital license?

JohnBerling, Mar 25, 2020
Thema:

How to activate win10pro on new computer using win7pro license?

1. How to activate win10pro on new computer using win7pro license? - Similar Threads - activate win10pro computer

2. How to activate Windows 11PRO after upgrade from win7PRO to win10PRO

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to activate Windows 11PRO after upgrade from win7PRO to win10PRO: Dear Microsoft Support Team,I hope this message finds you well. I am writing to seek your assistance regarding the activation of Windows 11 Pro. I have recently upgraded from Windows 7 Pro to Windows 10 Pro and subsequently to Windows 11 Pro using the free upgrade options...
  3. How to activate Windows 11PRO after upgrade from win7PRO to win10PRO

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to activate Windows 11PRO after upgrade from win7PRO to win10PRO: Dear Microsoft Support Team,I hope this message finds you well. I am writing to seek your assistance regarding the activation of Windows 11 Pro. I have recently upgraded from Windows 7 Pro to Windows 10 Pro and subsequently to Windows 11 Pro using the free upgrade options...
  4. Are my perpetual Win10Pro licenses still good for new computers?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Are my perpetual Win10Pro licenses still good for new computers?: The last time I built computers for my wife and I we bought full licenses direct from our Microsoft account since they were supposed to be perpetual, since Win10 was to be the last version released, and only updates would be issued for eternity. Now that it is time for new...
  5. Are my perpetual Win10Pro licenses still good for new computers?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Are my perpetual Win10Pro licenses still good for new computers?: The last time I built computers for my wife and I we bought full licenses direct from our Microsoft account since they were supposed to be perpetual, since Win10 was to be the last version released, and only updates would be issued for eternity. Now that it is time for new...
  6. Are my perpetual Win10Pro licenses still good for new computers?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. Activating Win10Pro from a graveyard VistaPro-->Win7Pro pc. Details provided

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Activating Win10Pro from a graveyard VistaPro-->Win7Pro pc. Details provided: I know activation issues can look suspect so I'll detail what I can. In-laws letting me clear out their old business pc's. Win win. This old hp compaq dx2400 with core2duo will work well for someone who can't affort better but isn't worth spending on. I have the original...
  8. Win10Pro Activation on a new device

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Win10Pro Activation on a new device: Hello, Recently i have sold my desktop PC and i moved on a laptop. I installed Win10Pro64 from an USB stick made with Windows Media Creation Center. The Win10Pro Licence is attached to my account with which i logged in on the laptop. However after all tutorials on the...
  9. Networking Win10Pro to Win7Pro stopped working. How do I fix it?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Networking Win10Pro to Win7Pro stopped working. How do I fix it?: I have two computers which I have had networked together for nearly two years. The Win10 computer is dedicated to 3D graphics and kept offline most of the time. I Enable the network connection when I need to transfer files from one computer to the other and Disable the...
  10. Networking Win10pro and Win7pro

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Networking Win10pro and Win7pro: Both are members of the same Workgroup. Everything enabled but networking between the two is now a no go. The thing seemed to work most of the time when I was running Win8.1 but since the upgrade it's a no go. Network discovery, etc all turned on - both machines. Password...