Windows 10: How to activate windows 10 on another laptop with digital license linked to a microsoft account

Discus and support How to activate windows 10 on another laptop with digital license linked to a microsoft account in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; So basically i have a device that is activated with digital licence which is linked to my microsoft account. I disabled that license on that device by... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by MakiR1, Sep 27, 2020.

1. MakiR1 Win User

How to activate windows 10 on another laptop with digital license linked to a microsoft account

So basically i have a device that is activated with digital licence which is linked to my microsoft account.

I disabled that license on that device by using: slmkgr /upk and slmgr /cpky

Now i signed in with that microsfot account on my laptop, but nothing happens. I see it listed on my account, but its not activated.Error im getting is 0xC004F213... Troubleshoot cant do anything about it for some reason.

It says:

Unable to activate Windows

We can’t find any devices linked to your Microsoft account that can be used for reactivating the device you’re using right now. Make sure you’re signed in with the same Microsoft account you linked to the Windows 10 digital license on this device or try again later.

What are my next steps? Per all tutorials, troubleshoot should do the rest.
    Any help is appreciated.

:)

MakiR1, Sep 27, 2020

2. Link Microsoft Account to Windows 10 Digital License  

This is what i get on step 2

How to activate windows 10 on another laptop with digital license linked to a microsoft account [​IMG]

MCardona81, Sep 27, 2020
  3. guniu Win User
    Link Microsoft Account to Windows 10 Digital License

Hey, I have a question.
    Do you think the digital license is saved on my MSA after i changed back to my local account?

What I mean by that:
    I Added MSA to my Windows 10 and it said in Activation tab "Windows is activated with a digital license linked to your Microsoft account", and my PC was in device list of my MSA.
    But I don't like the fact that I have to type in password every time I boot up. It's my private PC, I don't need password, I never had. So I switched back to my Local account. But now it's back to "Windows is activated with a digital license" only, and the PC is also gone from the device list on my MSA account.
    Do you think it actually unlinked the license, or maybe because I logged in once, it saved anyway, and I will be good with activating in the future on a changed machine?

guniu, Sep 27, 2020
  4. Brink Win User

How to activate windows 10 on another laptop with digital license linked to a microsoft account

Link Microsoft Account to Windows 10 Digital License  

Hello MCardona81, How to activate windows 10 on another laptop with digital license linked to a microsoft account :)

The digital license will automatically be linked when you sign in to Windows 10 with your Microsoft account.

At step 2, what does it show for you in Activation on the right side?

Brink, Sep 27, 2020
Thema:

1. How to activate windows 10 on another laptop with digital license linked to a microsoft account - Similar Threads - activate another laptop

2. Is it possible to transfer a digital license linked with a Microsoft account to another...

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Is it possible to transfer a digital license linked with a Microsoft account to another...: ...... https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-it-possible-to-transfer-a-digital-license/677411be-556f-42e5-9115-40625081ab26
  3. Is it possible to transfer a digital license linked with a Microsoft account to another...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is it possible to transfer a digital license linked with a Microsoft account to another...: ...... https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-it-possible-to-transfer-a-digital-license/677411be-556f-42e5-9115-40625081ab26
  4. Is it possible to transfer a digital license linked with a Microsoft account to another...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Linking a Windows 10 Digital License to a Microsoft Account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Linking a Windows 10 Digital License to a Microsoft Account: We recently ran into an issue in which a hardware change was made on one of our machines that resulted in Windows 10, which was activated via digital license, became in-activated. After much searching and online forum education, as well as a few support calls to Microsoft, we...
  6. Linking a Windows 10 Digital License to a Microsoft Account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Linking a Windows 10 Digital License to a Microsoft Account: We recently ran into an issue in which a hardware change was made on one of our machines that resulted in Windows 10, which was activated via digital license, became in-activated. After much searching and online forum education, as well as a few support calls to Microsoft, we...
  7. Linking a Windows 10 Digital License to a Microsoft Account

8. Digital license linked to Microsoft account

Digital license linked to Microsoft account: I was using windows 10 home with digital license linked to my Microsoft account it was a retail license. I upgraded my system to windows 10 pro using retail license key. Which was linked to the same Microsoft account as Digital License. I want to know if I can choose which...
  9. windows is activated with a digital license linked to your microsoft account

windows is activated with a digital license linked to your microsoft account: Hi I have a laptop come with win 10 home single language, and I upgrade the win 10 to Pro by license kay, then I linked my Microsoft account, today I format my laptop and I installed a win 10 from Microsoft website, when I entered my Microsoft email I the win 10 account, it...
  10. Link Microsoft Account to Windows 10 Digital License

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Link Microsoft Account to Windows 10 Digital License: How to: Link Microsoft Account to Windows 10 Digital License How to Link Microsoft Account to Digital License for Windows 10 Activation Starting with Activation troubleshooter if you make a hardware change later, such as replacing the motherboard. There is not a...