Windows 10: How to activate windows 10 using digital liscence after hardware change

Discus and support How to activate windows 10 using digital liscence after hardware change in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; How to activate windows 10 using digital liscence. I already had digital liscence after upgrading from windows 7 to windows 10 which was free... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by NikhilMashelkar, May 18, 2020.

1. How to activate windows 10 using digital liscence after hardware change

How to activate windows 10 using digital liscence. I already had digital liscence after upgrading from windows 7 to windows 10 which was free upgrade.But recently after hardware change I am not able to activate windows 10 using digital liscence which I already had before. I also tried logging through Microsoft account but cannot activitate windows 10.

:)

NikhilMashelkar, May 18, 2020

2. Unable to activate Windows after hardware change.

Unfortunately, the Activation troubleshooter didn't work. I already had a look into that page but it didn't fix my issue.

EasternGamer, May 18, 2020
  3. JT1969C10 Win User
    Activating WIndows 10 after hardware change.

Before replacing my hardware on my main computer, I logged into my Microsoft Windows account. Once logged in, I saw that the name of the PC that I was upgrading was in my list of PCs that were activated for Windows 10 Pro. So after reviewing how to reactivate
    after a HW changed, I went ahead and upgraded the motherboard, CPU and memory in that PC.

Now, when it is time to reactivate, the PC in question is still listed in the hardware list on my MS account but it will not allow me to activate Windows. I followed the instructions online and ran the troubleshooting tool. It then gave me the following
    response:

Unable to activate Windows

We can’t find any devices linked to your Microsoft account that can be used for reactivating the device you’re using right now. Make sure you’re signed in with the same Microsoft account you linked to the
    Windows 10 digital license on this device or try again later.

See other devices linked to your Microsoft account

So why would it not find the license that was for this PC when it had the old hardware installed? My assumption, albeit may wrong, was that the PC was activated because it was in the list. It was also activated as a Windows 10 Pro edition.

Anyone have any suggestions on this type of issue?

JT1969C10, May 18, 2020
  4. Sher Amo Win User

How to activate windows 10 using digital liscence after hardware change

Can't activate after hardware change

Hi Sullivan,

In Windows 10 (Version 1607 or later), you can link your Microsoft account to the Windows 10 digital license on your device. This can help you reactivate Windows using the Activation troubleshooter if you make a significant hardware
    change later, such as replacing the motherboard. To assist you with your concern, we suggest that you follow the steps provided on this
    link. The link contains all the necessary information on how to reactive Windows 10 after a hardware
    change.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Sher Amo, May 18, 2020
Thema:

How to activate windows 10 using digital liscence after hardware change

1. How to activate windows 10 using digital liscence after hardware change - Similar Threads - activate using digital

2. how to activate a digital licence after changing the hardware

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    how to activate a digital licence after changing the hardware: i've been attempting to get my digital licence to work on my new computer but isn't working, tried using the slmgr commands and still dont have success, tried to uninstall from the original device and now isn't even showing on the troubleshoot...
  3. how to activate a digital licence after changing the hardware

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to activate a digital licence after changing the hardware: i've been attempting to get my digital licence to work on my new computer but isn't working, tried using the slmgr commands and still dont have success, tried to uninstall from the original device and now isn't even showing on the troubleshoot...
  4. how to activate a digital licence after changing the hardware

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Windows Activation after Hardware Change for digital license

Windows Activation after Hardware Change for digital license: Hi, I bought a digital license in February 2018. After I changed my hardware once, a year ago, i've never managed to reactivate my license on this hardware. Maybe I did something wrong myself. I paid the 280 Swiss Francs for a digital license, because I know I change...
  6. Activate Windows 10 using Digital License after Hardware Change

Activate Windows 10 using Digital License after Hardware Change: Hello! I'm attempting to reactivate Windows 10 using a digital license tied to my account. When I use the troubleshooter, and select that I've changed hardware, and select my device, it states "We can't reactivate Windows on this device. Try again later." I get the feeling...
  7. Cannot activate after hardware change, used digital license before

Cannot activate after hardware change, used digital license before: Dear Microsoft Community, I've run into a frustrating problem after I switched out my motherboard, Ram and Cpu. I know that the license is normally bound to the mainboard and therefore created an digital license linked to my Microsoft Account to cope that and dont get any...
  8. Windows 10 Digital License Activation not working after hardware change.

Windows 10 Digital License Activation not working after hardware change.: Hello, I'm at my wits end here. Long story short, I've had Windows 10 Education for a few years now that I got from my college through OnTheHub and I recently did a motherboard/CPU upgrade. Before the swap, I made sure my MS account was linked to my Windows 10 digital...
  9. Windows activation after hardware change with a digital license

Windows activation after hardware change with a digital license: I recently upgraded my CPU and motherboard and cannot activate Windows. Before this upgrade my digital license was linked to my Microsoft account. I am logged in to my Microsoft account right now, but the troubleshooter is "Unable to activate Windows" when I select my current...
  10. Windows 10 digital liscence

Windows 10 digital liscence: I got windows 10 after the free upgrade from windows 8.1 but I didn't link it with my Microsoft account cause I did not know about it at the time. Now I reinstalled windows 10 and I would like know how to retrieve my digital license for activation....