Windows 10: how to activate windows 11 pro with a windows 10 pro key on a device with windows 11 home...

Discus and support how to activate windows 11 pro with a windows 10 pro key on a device with windows 11 home... in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; my old computer has windows 10 pro and I'm trying to move that pro license over to my new computer with windows 11 home. I've went through the steps of... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Skrever, Jul 29, 2022.

1. Skrever Win User

how to activate windows 11 pro with a windows 10 pro key on a device with windows 11 home...

my old computer has windows 10 pro and I'm trying to move that pro license over to my new computer with windows 11 home. I've went through the steps of deactivating and removing the key from my old computer but when I enter it onto my new computer it doesn't take.

:)

Skrever, Jul 29, 2022
  2. FX-GMC Win User

Windows 8.1 pro + WMC key activation

This worked for me last time with a Win 8 key.

Install Windows 8.1 and enter KMS key during setup. Once in windows change product key to my Windows 8 key. Go to add features and enter my WMC add-on key. Drink a beer to a job well done.

FX-GMC, Jul 29, 2022
  3. tigger Win User
    Windows 8.1 pro + WMC key activation

I was considering buying a WMC pro add on for my windows 8.1 pro install, but have googled and found some people had trouble activating it. Has anyone on here got any experience with this.

As to my install, I have a real Windows 8 pro key. So I installed windows 8 pro using a MSDN retail .iso which was activated soon as it finished installing , then I updated to .1 pro.

When you buy the WMC add on, it changes your key, I have read some people have had trouble activating it, now mine activates from windows, I hate doing the phone activation crap, so I don't want to have to do that after the WMC add on finishes installing.

The question is, what happens to my windows 8 pro key, is it still usable? and how would i go about if I had to reinstall? would it have to be-

Install win 8 pro-update to 8.1-install WMC add on, or could i use a windows 8.1 pro with WMC disc?

Thanks guys

Tigger

tigger, Jul 29, 2022
  4. how to activate windows 11 pro with a windows 10 pro key on a device with windows 11 home...

windows 10 key

Thanks but I don't want to do any decrypting. I want to download a Win 10 ISO from Microsoft and install it using my Win 8 key. No other steps required. Is that possible?

Easy Rhino, Jul 29, 2022
Thema:

how to activate windows 11 pro with a windows 10 pro key on a device with windows 11 home...

1. how to activate windows 11 pro with a windows 10 pro key on a device with windows 11 home... - Similar Threads - activate pro pro

2. Windows 11 Home to Pro Activation

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Home to Pro Activation: I recently purchased a brand new Lenovo machine with the Win 11 Pro option. Attempting to activate, I am told that I have a Windows 11 Home Digital license and I should download and install Windows 11 Home. Must this be done before I can upgrade to Windows 11 Pro? How can I...
  3. Windows 11 Home to Pro Activation

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 Home to Pro Activation: I recently purchased a brand new Lenovo machine with the Win 11 Pro option. Attempting to activate, I am told that I have a Windows 11 Home Digital license and I should download and install Windows 11 Home. Must this be done before I can upgrade to Windows 11 Pro? How can I...
  4. Activate Windows 11 Pro with Key

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Activate Windows 11 Pro with Key: I have recently bought a PC which has come with an unactivated Windows 11 Home Edition. I thought that I could use a Windows 11 Pro Key to install and activate a Windows 11 Pro Edition on the PC. I have tried to enter the key in the "change product key" part but I get an...
  5. Activate Windows 11 Pro with Key

Activate Windows 11 Pro with Key: I have recently bought a PC which has come with an unactivated Windows 11 Home Edition. I thought that I could use a Windows 11 Pro Key to install and activate a Windows 11 Pro Edition on the PC. I have tried to enter the key in the "change product key" part but I get an...
  6. How to use windows 10 home key to activate windows 11 pro ?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to use windows 10 home key to activate windows 11 pro ?: I had to change my hardware and install windows 11 pro but i have a key for windows 10 home. is it possible to use i tried to follow the instructions over the microsoft portal but its not working. Can you please assist. Thank you....
  7. How to use windows 10 home key to activate windows 11 pro ?

How to use windows 10 home key to activate windows 11 pro ?: I had to change my hardware and install windows 11 pro but i have a key for windows 10 home. is it possible to use i tried to follow the instructions over the microsoft portal but its not working. Can you please assist. Thank you....
  8. Windows 11 home to Windows 11 pro upgrade by product key - not active

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 home to Windows 11 pro upgrade by product key - not active: HI,I bought a product key for windows 11 pro, I did install it however i get error code an not able to activate -> 0x80072EE7.Is there a way to resolve the issue? Tried to do the phone activation but it doesnt help. Windows suggest installing windows 11 home again which I...
  9. Windows 11 home to Windows 11 pro upgrade by product key - not active

Windows 11 home to Windows 11 pro upgrade by product key - not active: HI,I bought a product key for windows 11 pro, I did install it however i get error code an not able to activate -> 0x80072EE7.Is there a way to resolve the issue? Tried to do the phone activation but it doesnt help. Windows suggest installing windows 11 home again which I...
  10. how to activate windows 11 pro with a windows 10 pro key on a device with windows 11 home...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to activate windows 11 pro with a windows 10 pro key on a device with windows 11 home...: my old computer has windows 10 pro and I'm trying to move that pro license over to my new computer with windows 11 home. I've went through the steps of deactivating and removing the key from my old computer but when I enter it onto my new computer it doesn't take....