Windows 10: How to activate windows with original installation USB

Discus and support How to activate windows with original installation USB in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hello folks, I installed Windows 10 about six years ago on my PC from a USB i purchased from Microsoft. I recently cloned my hard drive, as I was... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Kevjh22, Dec 8, 2020.

1. Kevjh22 Win User

How to activate windows with original installation USB

Hello folks,

I installed Windows 10 about six years ago on my PC from a USB i purchased from Microsoft. I recently cloned my hard drive, as I was upgrading to an SSD. Everything went well, but now i have the activation watermark. I still have the original installation USB. Is there some way to get the key from that? Or can i run the setup again from the USB without risking it trying to install Windows again. I jist don't want it to do anything weird like format my drive. Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks!

:)

Kevjh22, Dec 8, 2020
  2. thraxed Win User

Installing windows off of a USB stick

Step By Step from vista:
    From admin cmd prompt

1. diskpart
    1a. list disk
    2. select disk 1 (replace 1 with your usb drive)
    3. clean
    4. create partition primary
    5. select partition 1 (replace 1 with your usb drive)
    6. active
    7. format fs=fat32
    8. assign
    9. exit

Copy Windows Vista's DVD ROM content to the Flash Drive

xcopy d:\*.* /s/e/f e:\ (d being your vista cd and e being your usb stick)

And that's it, boot off your usb disk

thraxed, Dec 8, 2020
  3. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Dec 8, 2020
  4. How to activate windows with original installation USB

Installing Windows 7 via USB flash drive!

Its weird tho cause I have no problem with installing from disc. I did change it back to boot from HDD. I really dont want to uninstall all my components, kinds defeats the purpose of installing from usb. it would take longer to disconnect and reconnect after install then it would to just install from dvd.

Do you think its beacuse the drive was formated in ntfs, thats the only step I did different from the OP. Well that and the bootsect /nt60 command before coping files.

heres they way I went, probly have to try it fat32

launch diskpart.exe)
    select disk 1 (or your USB drive number, use list disk to get it)
    clean
    create partition primary
    select partition=1
    active
    format fs=ntfs
    assign
    exit

Now that the drive is boot aware, we have to initialize its boot sector with the Windows boot manager (BOOTMGR), using the Bootsect.exe utility located in the boot directory of the Vista installation DVD. We have to tell the utility that our target drive is NTFS formatted:

bootsect.exe /nt60 f:

ShRoOmAlIsTiC, Dec 8, 2020
Thema:

How to activate windows with original installation USB

1. How to activate windows with original installation USB - Similar Threads - activate original installation

2. Activating Windows 10 with USB installation

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Activating Windows 10 with USB installation: Hello. About a year ago, I was building a new PC and needed to install an OS. My old PC had Windows 7, and on the installation menu for the free Windows 7 -> Windows 10 upgrade, I selected the option to put Windows 10 on a USB driveOnce the new PC was built, I plugged it in...
  3. Activating Windows 10 with USB installation

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Activating Windows 10 with USB installation: Hello. About a year ago, I was building a new PC and needed to install an OS. My old PC had Windows 7, and on the installation menu for the free Windows 7 -> Windows 10 upgrade, I selected the option to put Windows 10 on a USB driveOnce the new PC was built, I plugged it in...
  4. Activating Windows 10 with USB installation

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. How to activate windows 10 with original key?

How to activate windows 10 with original key?: Hi Microsoft Community Team, I am a new user of Windows 10, I want to know how to activate windows 10 with the original key with the real method. I am already a user of windows 7. Kindly, Microsoft Team replies to me fast. Thanks!...
  6. How to upgrade original windows 10 installation USB drive

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How to upgrade original windows 10 installation USB drive: Hello, Short: How to create a bootable USB with new win10 version to original USB drive which came in win10 box? Win10 installation tool refuse to use this USB disk. It is probably locked somehow. Still it is JUST a USB drive. And since it has a obsolede win10 version I...
  7. to install the original windows 10

to install the original windows 10: i have non genuine version of windows 10.how can i activate original licensed windows 10 i my pc by replacing non genuine version? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/to-install-the-original-windows-10/73a8ca78-4b60-4671-a340-d9cda5ca8a8d
  8. Is Windows activated by Digital License original ?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is Windows activated by Digital License original ?: In my Activation menu it says "Windows is activated with a digital license linked to your Microsoft Account". My OS is Win 10 Home SL which came preinstalled with my recent laptop. submitted by /u/SolarisAZ [link] [comments]...
  9. can't activate my original Windows

can't activate my original Windows: dear I buy a new windows 10 closed box I install the Cd on my new laptop I but the key but it get error you didn't have valid original licence or product key ????? How I can fix this issue...
  10. Retrieving original activation key for windows

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Retrieving original activation key for windows: Hello! I bought a demo-pc in 2014 that came with win8, but i was unable to log in as i did not have the password, so i flashed windows 10 insider build. But i am tired of all the bugs, so i want to get the regular windows 10 build now. Does anyone know how i can do...