Windows 10: How to active Cortana

Discus and support How to active Cortana in Cortana to solve the problem; I dont know how to active cortana. I set region is United State and language is EnglishThis is screenshotThanks for help me... Discussion in 'Cortana' started by CrossSans, Sep 15, 2021.

1. CrossSans Win User

How to active Cortana

I dont know how to active cortana. I set region is United State and language is EnglishThis is screenshotThanks for help me

:)

CrossSans, Sep 15, 2021
  2. Dewdrop_ Win User

Cortana Notebook

In order to enable the Notebook icon in Cortana, I suggest you to check if you have enabled Cortana.

To enable Cortana, please follow the steps below:

• Go to Cortana.
    • Go to Settings.
    • Turn on “Cortana can give you suggestions, ideas, reminders, alerts”.

Hope this helps.

Dewdrop_, Sep 15, 2021
  3. Cortana

Hi,

Thank you for posting your question in the Microsoft Community.

Appreciate your efforts to work on this issue.

This issue can occur if some of the system files are not working as expected.

Suggest you to follow the steps from this article to
    troubleshoot Cortana on the PC

Note: Do not go with the ‘Reset PC’ option for now.

Method 1: Follow these steps to disable Cortana:

1. Sign-in to the PC with your Microsoft account.
    2. In the search box at the bottom, type Disable Cortana.
    3. Once the suggestions appear in the list, click Cortana & Search settings.
    4. From the right section of the Settings pane, move the top button to ‘Off’ to disable Cortana from Windows 10.

Method 2: Follow these steps to check if that helps.

1. Launch Cortana from the search bar on the taskbar.
    2. Then, from the left pane click the settings button.
    3. Under "Cortana" (the first option) and slide the pill switch to the ‘Off’ position.

Method 3: Launch the Settings app and click on Privacy. Navigate to Speech, inking, & typing, and click Stop getting to know me. These steps will disable Cortana.

Hope this helps.

Let us know if you got the help you needed.

Regards,

Srimadhwa B

Microsoft Community-Moderator

Srimadhwa_B, Sep 15, 2021
  4. How to active Cortana

How to activate Cortana?

Hi Adam,

It seems that Cortana is not yet enabled that's why you're unable to activate it. To enable it, please follow these steps:

• Click the Windows key and select All apps.
    • Scroll down to Cortana and click it.
    • Select Use Cortana and click Yes.

Once enabled, you can set Cortana to do some things for you. Check out the link,
    Make Cortana yours for more information.

Let us know if you need further help.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, Sep 15, 2021
Thema:

How to active Cortana

1. How to active Cortana - Similar Threads - active Cortana

2. Is cortana still a thing in 2024 and how do I activate it? If not, what assitants are on pc?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is cortana still a thing in 2024 and how do I activate it? If not, what assitants are on pc?: I've tried to activate cortana but get the message "Cortana in Windows as a standalone app is depreciated" and I'm not sure what it means. Does this mean Cortana is no longer here and I cant use it on my Windows computer?...
  3. Is cortana still a thing in 2024 and how do I activate it? If not, what assitants are on pc?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is cortana still a thing in 2024 and how do I activate it? If not, what assitants are on pc?: I've tried to activate cortana but get the message "Cortana in Windows as a standalone app is depreciated" and I'm not sure what it means. Does this mean Cortana is no longer here and I cant use it on my Windows computer?...
  4. No voice activation setting for Cortana. Need help!

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    No voice activation setting for Cortana. Need help!: I’m trying to enable voice activation for Cortana but when I go into settings the option for Cortana isn’t there submitted by /u/DueOscar1 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/uqxheu/no_voice_activation_setting_for_cortana_need_help/
  5. Cortana activating without input.

in Cortana
    Cortana activating without input.: I see this has been an issue for others and that it seems to be the trackpad for them. only one problem, I don't have a trackpad or gestures to use it.No sound even remotely close to the key phrase either....
  6. Cortana activating without input.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cortana activating without input.: I see this has been an issue for others and that it seems to be the trackpad for them. only one problem, I don't have a trackpad or gestures to use it.No sound even remotely close to the key phrase either....
  7. Cortana activating without input.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. How can I prevent Cortana from activating in response to stray words and noises?

in Cortana
    How can I prevent Cortana from activating in response to stray words and noises?: Cortana pops up often when I'm watching TV or just when there are noises in the room., How can I prevent these false activations?There are many web pages that talk about training Cortana, but none of the things described exist on my computer. I have Windows 10 Pro 9043.1288...
  9. Cortana voice activation took over microphone!

in Windows 10 Customization
    Cortana voice activation took over microphone!: Cortana used to pop-up mistakenly frequently, so I turned off the voice activation for some time.For some reason, I turned it on again, since then, my microphone was taken over completely!My friends can't hear my voice through voice call on any messaging app until the voice...
  10. Cortana's Voice Activation disables my Logitech Webcam Microphone

in Cortana
    Cortana's Voice Activation disables my Logitech Webcam Microphone: Hello, I've been playing around with Cortana and voice activation, but it seems it disables my microphone on my webcam Logitech C920S. I had all the permissions on for voice activation and online speech recognition. When I join a video conference, my microphone is either...