Windows 10: How to actually USE the Shell Launcher feature?

Discus and support How to actually USE the Shell Launcher feature? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Well... at least I turned it on? Read through a completely messy and half illegible article on Microsoft on how to turn on the feature... yet it fails... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/KalynnCampbell, Dec 9, 2019.

1. How to actually USE the Shell Launcher feature?

Well... at least I turned it on?

Read through a completely messy and half illegible article on Microsoft on how to turn on the feature... yet it fails to just give a simple step by step or numbered instruction on how to actually use it.

Are there any articles or YouTube videos that don’t talk about the features on and on and on and just say the steps to deploy a program for a user account?

Given that those feature seems to only launch a single application in place of explorer.exe, I don’t see why it’s not in the shell launcher article itself, with the user replacing whatever example.program they’re using with their own.

There’s a lot of workarounds, third party “launchers”, etc. that all seem to do this, but that seems even more redundant given that this should be an easy to use, simple built in feature. Why I can’t seem to find a button that simply says “select user” and “select application” is beyond me, either I’m not seeing it or they left it out. Either way, I need to find a step by step (non cluttered, redundant, or just messy page) or tutorial video on how to do it at this point.

submitted by /u/KalynnCampbell
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/KalynnCampbell, Dec 9, 2019

2. Microsoft launcher

Hi AustinNeely\,

Thank you for reaching out to Microsoft Community. May we ask if what troubleshooting you have tried? We highly suggest you to try the steps below.

• Restart your phone.
    • If the issue persists after restarting your phone, it only means that the default launcher is needed for any other launchers to work properly. Re-installing the default launcher should resolve the issue.

Once your Android phone is back on its default settings, re-install the Microsoft Launcher and your other apps.

Note: You can easily restore your Microsoft Launcher settings if you have performed a back up. To back up your Microsoft Launcher settings, please do the following:

1. Launch the Microsoft Launcher settings. (Tap and hold your phone's home screen and tap on the
      Launcher Settings.)
    2. Tap Back up & Restore.
    3. Tap Back up Microsoft Launcher option.
    4. Confirm that the Back up to cloud storage option is selected.
    5. Tap the Back up button.
    6. Check the settings that you want to back up.
    7. Tap the Back up now button.

You may restore your Microsoft Launcher back up after re-installing it.

If you can no longer re-install your phone's default launcher, please get in touch with its manufacturer for assistance on how you can reset it to its factory settings.

Kind Regards,

Rom G.

Romualdo_G, Dec 9, 2019
  3. Shell Launcher launching the IE as a custom shell for a non-administrator user

Hi everyone,

same problem here with Windows 10 Enterprise and Shell Launcher launching the IE as a custom shell for a non-administrator user.

Is there a solution?

Regards

Manfred

ManfredPohlemann, Dec 9, 2019
  4. How to actually USE the Shell Launcher feature?

Configure the shell Launcher 2

Hi,

I am trying to configure the shell launcher v2 for UWP app, i am getting below error, I am not sure whether am doing it on write way, I am using windows 1809 version to configure this,

How to actually USE the Shell Launcher feature? f2dd0efc-3a6f-4935-a643-738d775a466c?upload=true.png

Pariventhan Swaminathan, Dec 9, 2019
Thema:

How to actually USE the Shell Launcher feature?

1. How to actually USE the Shell Launcher feature? - Similar Threads - actually Shell Launcher

2. How to get all apps to show in shell:AppsFolder when using Shell Launcher V2 to launch a...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to get all apps to show in shell:AppsFolder when using Shell Launcher V2 to launch a...: I used Shell Launcher V2 to set up a custom app win32, not UWP to run as shell on a machine running Windows 11 Enterprise. This works fine but I need to launch other apps from my shell app, regular win32 and UWP apps. Normally, I use the shell:AppsFolder to get the AUMID of...
  3. How to get all apps to show in shell:AppsFolder when using Shell Launcher V2 to launch a...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to get all apps to show in shell:AppsFolder when using Shell Launcher V2 to launch a...: I used Shell Launcher V2 to set up a custom app win32, not UWP to run as shell on a machine running Windows 11 Enterprise. This works fine but I need to launch other apps from my shell app, regular win32 and UWP apps. Normally, I use the shell:AppsFolder to get the AUMID of...
  4. How to connect to a Wi-Fi network from a Custom shell launcher?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to connect to a Wi-Fi network from a Custom shell launcher?: Hello,I am currently working on establishing a connection with a Wi-Fi network from a custom shell launcher. I have configured my machine with a custom shell launcher which will only open the application that I have loaded. The application needs an internet connection...
  5. How to connect to a Wi-Fi network from a Custom shell launcher?

How to connect to a Wi-Fi network from a Custom shell launcher?: Hello,I am currently working on establishing a connection with a Wi-Fi network from a custom shell launcher. I have configured my machine with a custom shell launcher which will only open the application that I have loaded. The application needs an internet connection...
  6. How to connect to a Wi-Fi network from a Custom shell launcher?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. Custom Shell Launcher V2 Black Screen Error

Custom Shell Launcher V2 Black Screen Error: Hi Friends,I have been working with Custom Shell Launcher V2. I have my Windows 10 Enterprise OS installed in my system. Then, I have configured the custom shell which will run the application that I have triggered in the Custom Shell. All are working as expected without any...
  8. Custom Shell Launcher V2 Black Screen Error

in Windows 10 Customization
    Custom Shell Launcher V2 Black Screen Error: Hi Friends,I have been working with Custom Shell Launcher V2. I have my Windows 10 Enterprise OS installed in my system. Then, I have configured the custom shell which will run the application that I have triggered in the Custom Shell. All are working as expected without any...
  9. Windows custom shell launcher is not detecting Arduino.

Windows custom shell launcher is not detecting Arduino.: Hi All,I have been working with windows custom shell launcher to launch a particular application. The custom launcher works perfectly. But, in my application, I wanted to communicate with the Arduino board. I am using the Intel NUC board where the custom shell launcher is...
  10. Configure the shell Launcher 2

Configure the shell Launcher 2: Hi, I am trying to configure the shell launcher v2 for UWP app, i am getting below error, I am not sure whether am doing it on write way, I am using windows 1809 version to configure this, [ATTACH]...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. shell launcher tutorial