Windows 10: How to add 3 last Swedish letters to UK keyboard

Discus and support How to add 3 last Swedish letters to UK keyboard in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Since upgrading to Win 10 from 7, I'm unable to use the ALT keys any more for the 3 last letters in Swedish - å, ä, ö. Any suggestions much... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Arcadian, Dec 5, 2016.

1. Arcadian Win User

How to add 3 last Swedish letters to UK keyboard

Since upgrading to Win 10 from 7, I'm unable to use the ALT keys any more for the 3 last letters in Swedish - å, ä, ö.

Any suggestions much appreciated thanks....*Smile

:)

Arcadian, Dec 5, 2016

2. Lumia 920 - No accents available using Finnish / Swedish keyboard? Any fix for this?

Thanks for the answer but no help. As said the "hold you finger down on the letters in question" works fine with English keyboard layout, but when using Finnish or Swedish keyboard, nothing happens when holding a finger down. I really doubt this feature
    has been left out intentionally, as letters with accents are really common in Swedish. The need to switch to US keyboard to type my name is really annoying.

MikaelLindén, Dec 5, 2016
  3. zazaka Win User
    firmware 5800 v21

I get my phone 5800 in UK and do need to add Swedish language, anyone who can tell me how?

zazaka, Dec 5, 2016
  4. Bree New Member

For me some Alt codes still work, while typing others seems to act like a 'hot key', going back one page in a browser for instance (odd). The ones for ä and ö do that!

For ä and ö you can add the Unites States-International (QWERTY) keyboard. Switch to that when you want to create characters with accents.
    International English keyboard layout and chart

Type " followed by a for ä and " followed by o for ö. There's no way to produce å though. Fortunately that particular alt-code does still work: (left) Alt+0229 still produces å for me on a fully up to date Windows 10 version 1607.

PS: if you have a UK keyboard (ENG UK) and switch to the ENG INTL one then the positions of @ and " are swapped. You'll need to remember to type @ when you want the " key.

Bree, Dec 5, 2016
  5. Arcadian Win User
    Thanks I had a long look at it but got into a real cul de sac when I also tried to use Dragon Speech 13 which I use a lot, not sure who was the more confused ! I've got round it temporarily using Lexibar.

One way might be to buy the Swedish version of Dragon....?

Swedish special keyboard characters | Lexicool

Så du kan också prata Svenska....? *Smile

Arcadian, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. How to add 3 last Swedish letters to UK keyboard - Similar Threads - add last Swedish

2. How to change US keyboard to UK keyboard

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to change US keyboard to UK keyboard: I have been trying to change from US keyboard to UK keyboard for windows 10 without success. It has been changed in the settings but not effected on the keyboard. I need help please...
  3. How to change US keyboard to UK keyboard

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to change US keyboard to UK keyboard: I have been trying to change from US keyboard to UK keyboard for windows 10 without success. It has been changed in the settings but not effected on the keyboard. I need help please...
  4. UK KEYBOARD !

in Windows 10 Gaming
    UK KEYBOARD !: Hi, was using my laptop this morning and realised the two keys @ and " where the opposite away around ! I clicked on the icon in the taskbar and it was showing "English united states US keyboard. I changed back to UK keyboard and everything OK again. When I turn the laptop...
  5. UK KEYBOARD !

UK KEYBOARD !: Hi, was using my laptop this morning and realised the two keys @ and " where the opposite away around ! I clicked on the icon in the taskbar and it was showing "English united states US keyboard. I changed back to UK keyboard and everything OK again. When I turn the laptop...
  6. UK KEYBOARD !

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. How to remove UK keyboard?

How to remove UK keyboard?: Hi! I am facing a little problem lately. I am using Windows 10 Pro and I have 2 languages for typing. EnglishUS and Bulgarian. But in the taskbar, where you change the languages, there is an EnglishUK keyboard. When that happens I go to the settings to remove it but there...
  8. 3 d paint text cuts off last 3 letters

3 d paint text cuts off last 3 letters: I have been fighting with this app for hours and hours on end trying everything, It worked 2 weeks ago. I have seen people on here saying to uninstall, reset and to click outside the text box once it's been pasted. So now I can save my text, but it cuts off the words at the...
  9. How to add UK English Keyboard in Chinese Pinyin?

How to add UK English Keyboard in Chinese Pinyin?: My Surface pro typecover is UK English keyboard. However, the Microsoft Chinese simplified sets US keyboard as default. How can I add UK English Keyboard in Chinese Pinyin? [ATTACH]...
  10. How to delete UK keyboard

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to delete UK keyboard: https://m.imgur.com/a/PY91bqe I can't remove it in window setting and can't find it in the power shell. It is so irritated having three keyboards. submitted by /u/CattFull [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/dr1wrp/how_to_delete_uk_keyboard/