Windows 10: How to Add a Custom Folder under “This PC” in Explorer?

Discus and support How to Add a Custom Folder under “This PC” in Explorer? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Greetings How to add any folder under "This PC" in Explorer? 132177 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Ro Wood, May 7, 2019.

1. Ro Wood Win User

How to Add a Custom Folder under “This PC” in Explorer?

Greetings
    How to add any folder under "This PC" in Explorer?

:)

Ro Wood, May 7, 2019
  2. Kreij Win User

How to make vista display same icon size for all opened folders in explorer ?

Some suggestions

Kreij, May 7, 2019
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, May 7, 2019
  4. Micah Bat Win User

Documents/Pictures folders under 'This PC' refer to onedrive - not the local folders

Since the only folder that has incorrect file path is the Documents folder under This PC, we would suggest you do the same steps provided above. However, do it in your Documents folder under This PC. To do so, kindly follow the steps below:

• Open File Explorer
    • Click This PC
    • Right-click on Documents
    • Click Properties
    • Click Location
    • Click Restore Default
    • Click Apply
    • Click OK
    Also, we would like to inform you that "winhelponline.com" is not associated with Microsoft.

Let us know how it goes.

Micah Bat, May 7, 2019
Thema:

1. How to Add a Custom Folder under “This PC” in Explorer? - Similar Threads - Add Custom Folder

2. Custom grouping in Explorer folders

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Custom grouping in Explorer folders: Hello Community,I'm looking for a way under Windows 10 to group icons by themes such as Work, Games, Raspberry Pi, etc. I tried "iTop Easy Desktop" which unfortunately only works on the desktop. After that I tried the following tutorial, which unfortunately didn't work for me...
  3. How to Add a Custom Folder under “This PC” in Explorer?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to Add a Custom Folder under “This PC” in Explorer?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/condomtermite [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/w6vlgr/how_to_add_a_custom_folder_under_this_pc_in/
  4. How to add folder to "This PC" ?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to add folder to "This PC" ?: How to add folder to "This PC" ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-add-folder-to-this-pc/a4bc5cb7-b539-4645-8939-fece59b349dc
  5. How to add folder to "This PC" ?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to add folder to "This PC" ?: How to add folder to "This PC" ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-add-folder-to-this-pc/a4bc5cb7-b539-4645-8939-fece59b349dc
  6. How to add folder to "This PC" ?

in Windows 10 Gaming
  7. How to add custom folder to Disk Cleanup

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    How to add custom folder to Disk Cleanup: I want to add a custom folder in Disk Cleanup.. C:\Windows\SoftwareDistribution\Download i manage to get it in the list but it doesnt clean it up...any ideas? The Location in registry is here...
  8. How to add custom folder to Disk Cleanup

in Windows 10 Support
    How to add custom folder to Disk Cleanup: I want to add a custom folder in Disk Cleanup.. C:\Windows\SoftwareDistribution\Download i manage to get it in the list but it doesnt clean it up...any ideas? The Location in registry is here...
  9. How to add custom folder icons as default?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to add custom folder icons as default?: hi, I am new to this forums, so pardon my mistakes... I would like to know how to change the default plain folder icons to custom folder as default... I was able to change lots of icons using customisergod from door2windows... but i got stuck with "folders which have...
  10. How to add custom folders to File Explorer > Navigation Pane > Desktop

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to add custom folders to File Explorer > Navigation Pane > Desktop: After installing Dropbox, I notice that there's now a custom link to the Dropbox folder in my File Explorer > Navigation Pane > Desktop list (see screenshot below). Does anyone know how I can add such (sym?)links to other directories on the computer? Specifically...