Windows 10: How to add a custom keyboard layout?

Discus and support How to add a custom keyboard layout? in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I am using a surface pro. The special keyboard for Surface pro just has a Left Ctrl. I do want to change the [Menu]Button which is in the right of... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Leo_Last, Mar 24, 2020.

1. Leo_Last Win User

How to add a custom keyboard layout?

I am using a surface pro. The special keyboard for Surface pro just has a Left Ctrl. I do want to change the [Menu]Button which is in the right of Right Alt into Right Ctrl. However, I don't know what is the scancode of the Menu Button.

:)

Leo_Last, Mar 24, 2020
  2. Rose Cal Win User

Cannot remove Keyboard Layout

Hi,

It is possible that you need to configure your keyboard layout that is why you still see it in the list even you already remove it. To address your issue, we suggest that you follow the steps on this

thread
    provided by DikkeryDok last October 27, 2017 to remove the specific keyboard layout you are referring to.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Rose Cal, Mar 24, 2020
  3. Custom keyboard layout not reflected on on-screen keyboard

Hi,

On my device with Windows and touch screen I am using a custom keyboard layout (Dvorak with custom characters).

I have created it with Microsoft Keyboard Layout Creator tool - Download Microsoft Keyboard Layout Creator 1.4 from Official Microsoft Download Center
    (it is the only tool I know to adjust keyboard layout in Windows).

Until previous Windows 10 build both physical and on-screen keyboards worked fine.

But when I upgraded Windows 10 to build 1709 my on-screen keyboard displays wrong (default QWERTY) layout. Still keys work as per my custom layout.

Reinstalling the keyboard does not fix it.

Please help. How can I get my custom keyboard layout get properly displayed on on-screen keyboard? Is there any other tool to do it?

Can I report somewhere a bug in Windows 10 build 1709?

Wojciech E., Mar 24, 2020
  4. How to add a custom keyboard layout?

Wrong keyboard layout in login page after update to 1607

Hi,

Since the issue reoccurred after updating to anniversary update, I suggest you to reconfigure the QWERTY keyboard layout and check if the same issue persists. This is to check if the issue is with Windows 10 1607 update.

I suggest you to follow the steps below to configure the keyboard layout:

• Open Settings and click on Time and Language.
    • Click on Region and Language.
    • Add the Country and click on add a language and select the language of your choice.
    • This will take time to download the pack.
    • Once this is done, Press Windows key + Space and press Space key to choose the keyboard layout.
    Hope it helps. Revert to us with the results, will be glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Mohan Babu ER, Mar 24, 2020
Thema:

How to add a custom keyboard layout?

1. How to add a custom keyboard layout? - Similar Threads - add custom keyboard

2. Custom keyboard layout problem

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Custom keyboard layout problem: Hello,I'm italian and just switched to an American keyboard, I need the accented vowels so i made a new keyboard layout with MS Keyobaord Layout Creator 1.4, adding the AltGr ctrl+alt +<vowel> shortcuts for lowercase and shift+ctrl+alt+<vowel> for uppercase.Installed it on...
  3. Custom keyboard layout problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Custom keyboard layout problem: Hello,I'm italian and just switched to an American keyboard, I need the accented vowels so i made a new keyboard layout with MS Keyobaord Layout Creator 1.4, adding the AltGr ctrl+alt +<vowel> shortcuts for lowercase and shift+ctrl+alt+<vowel> for uppercase.Installed it on...
  4. Custom keyboard layout no longer working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Custom keyboard layout no longer working: I have a custom keyboard layout that I created through Microsoft Keyboard Layout Creator for typing in the Esperanto language, using Alt Gr + Ctrl to access some characters.This was working until recently, but the Alt Gr + Ctrl no longer functions. I have tested the buttons...
  5. Custom keyboard layout, Win 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Custom keyboard layout, Win 11: I absolutely need to use a costum keyboard layout for work, and now I see MSKLC won't even install supposedly because my .NET Framwork is too new. I do have my old .klc file, but it won't open. What do I do?...
  6. Custom Keyboard Layouts in Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Custom Keyboard Layouts in Windows 11: A wonderful day everyone,Previously I have used the Microsoft Keyboard Layout Creator to create custom keyboard layouts, however not only is Windows 11 not listed as a supported operating system, but I cannot use the installed keyboards as they get shrugged off as...
  7. Installing a Custom Keyboard Layout

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Installing a Custom Keyboard Layout: Upon purchasing my laptop, I installed a custom keyboard layout creator, as I prefer the Colemak keyboard layout which Windows does not automatically provide. Once the layout was created and upon launching the setup for said layout, I am presented with a pop-up that reads...
  8. Incorrect layout for Custom keyboard

in Windows 10 Customization
    Incorrect layout for Custom keyboard: There is a custom keyboard we want to install on Windows 10. It was created using MSKLC 1.4. I have attached below an image of the Custom keyboard, as I can see on MSKLC. It is not very clear but everything is placed correctly. It shows me the correct output when I test it on...
  9. How to customize Windows 10 keyboard layout?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to customize Windows 10 keyboard layout?: I need to know how to add special keys on my current layout. Please don't tell me how to add another keyboard for French, I want one single keyboard. Please don't tell me about Microsoft Keyboard Layout Creator, the download is not available any more, and even if I managed...
  10. Custom keyboard layout?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Custom keyboard layout?: Does anyone know of an easy way to make a custom keyboard layout for windows 10? When searching, I've seen that Microsoft Keyboard Layout Creator 1.4 has limited compatibility with Windows 10, but it's no longer available for download as far as I've seen. Any good...