Windows 10: How to add a delay to HDD's on bootup?

Discus and support How to add a delay to HDD's on bootup? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Windows and bios don't agree on which HDD is 1st 2nd or 3rd. So I need to delay 2 HDD's at bootup but once in windows they are ok. 182778 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Indi, Jul 20, 2021.

1. Indi Win User

How to add a delay to HDD's on bootup?

Windows and bios don't agree on which HDD is 1st 2nd or 3rd. So I need to delay 2 HDD's at bootup but once in windows they are ok.

:)

2. Kem Mon Win User

unlock hdd

Hi Johan,

It is possible that your
    HDD was unreadable
    causing the error message to appear. We recommend that you perform these troubleshooting steps and check if there are any changes:

• Shutdown
      your
      PC.

• Unhooked
      the
      HDD
      and
      turn on
      your
      PC.

• Reconnect
      your
      HDD
      and
      restart
      your
      PC.

If the issue persists, we suggest that you contact your
    laptop/computer's manufacturer
    for further assistance.

Update us on how it goes.

Regards.

Kem Mon, Jul 20, 2021
  3. Johankaan Win User
    unlock hdd

Johankaan, Jul 20, 2021
  4. How to add a delay to HDD's on bootup?

HDD Corrupt ?

Hi,

There are many possible reasons this issue is happening. We'd like to ask few questions below:

• What is the brand name of you Hard Disk Drive?
    • How old is the HDD?
    Since you already tried multiple troubleshooting steps, we suggest visiting the manufacturer's website. Find and download a hard drive diagnostic software to help resolve the issue.

Let us know how it goes.

Martin Bar, Jul 20, 2021
Thema:

How to add a delay to HDD's on bootup?

1. How to add a delay to HDD's on bootup? - Similar Threads - add delay HDD's

2. Add a secondary HDD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Add a secondary HDD: This weekend I plan on getting a new computer that has a 1TB SSD only. I plan on taking the 4TB HDD out of this 12-year-old computer and using it as a secondary drive “D” drive. My 4TB HDD is about 2.5 years old and is a western digital that has 2 partitions on it. My current...
  3. Add a secondary HDD

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Add a secondary HDD: This weekend I plan on getting a new computer that has a 1TB SSD only. I plan on taking the 4TB HDD out of this 12-year-old computer and using it as a secondary drive “D” drive. My 4TB HDD is about 2.5 years old and is a western digital that has 2 partitions on it. My current...
  4. Automatic Repair Loop/Bootup Delays

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Automatic Repair Loop/Bootup Delays: So a few weeks ago my PC began experiencing freezing on bootup, initially it would just take a couple minutes to boot. The first time it happened I did get an error message which said "WHEA Uncorrectable Error" and it changed my boot order to put the UEFI SSD on top, which...
  5. Automatic Repair Loop/Bootup Delays

Automatic Repair Loop/Bootup Delays: So a few weeks ago my PC began experiencing freezing on bootup, initially it would just take a couple minutes to boot. The first time it happened I did get an error message which said "WHEA Uncorrectable Error" and it changed my boot order to put the UEFI SSD on top, which...
  6. Automatic Repair Loop/Bootup Delays

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. How to add a delay to HDD's on bootup?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How to add a delay to HDD's on bootup?: Windows and bios don't agree on which HDD is 1st 2nd or 3rd. So I need to delay 2 HDD's at bootup but once in windows they are ok. 182778
  8. HDD not recognised on bootup

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    HDD not recognised on bootup: Hi all, My PC was on playing Spotify, I came back to it after being in the other room and the PC had crashed and booted to a 'no recognised boot disk' screen. I've tried Startup Repair which as far as I know has never worked for me or anyone I know on any problem ever,...
  9. How to add Whatsapp to Autostart at bootup

How to add Whatsapp to Autostart at bootup: As a long term Linux user and recently migrated to Windows 10 Pro build 1909, I want to let WhatsApp start with Windows. In Linux super easy but Windows seems to be more intricate. In Win 98 it was easier.....if I remember correctly. Does anyone have some guidance for me...
  10. HDD startup delay -- How to turn it off

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    HDD startup delay -- How to turn it off: Hi there. An old problem seems to have re-occurred with W10 -- I had a post ages ago - can't find it - about this problem --if I haven't used the computer for a while and then I want to browse files on a standard HDD there is a delay while the HDD powers on (or seems to)...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Hdd delay start