Windows 10: how to add a downloaded program on windows 10 that my computer keeps rejecting.

Discus and support how to add a downloaded program on windows 10 that my computer keeps rejecting. in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I have a program that I need to allow security or firewall to accept it How do i do that?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by EvelynJohn, Feb 13, 2020.

1. how to add a downloaded program on windows 10 that my computer keeps rejecting.

I have a program that I need to allow security or firewall to accept it How do i do that?

:)

EvelynJohn, Feb 13, 2020
  2. MrGenius Win User

[Solved] Windows 10 keeps reinstalling KB3119142

I noticed quite some time ago that KB3119142 (Update for Microsoft Visual C++ 2012 Update 4 Redistributable Package) kept reinstalling itself for some reason. At least once daily. Sometimes up to several times a day. I just ignored it. It didn't seem to be doing any harm. And I figured they'd eventually fix it. Well...days turned into weeks, weeks into months, with no end to the problem in sight. It dragged on unsolved for at least the last few months. Literally reinstalling itself hundreds of(at least a hundred, felt like more) times in that period of time.

So I finally googled it a couple days ago. And just got around to fixing it today. Which appears to have worked. And it couldn't have been easier to do. I feel so stupid to have let it intimidate me for so long.*Oops! how to add a  downloaded program on windows 10 that my computer keeps rejecting. :oops:
    Below are links to the thread that I got the fix idea from, and the official MS support info page for KB3119142(from which I quoted the above).
    http://www.tenforums.com/windows-up...-windows-10-keeps-reinstalling-kb3119142.html
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/3119142

MrGenius, Feb 13, 2020
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 forced download

I actually had a client call yesterday with an email problem. when I tried walking him through some steps, he says "Yeah, I don't see that there, but I think it's because it's updated to windows 10. It did that a few weeks ago. I came back in on Monday, and it said Welcome to Windows 10"..... I think I'd throw the computer out the window.

Ahhzz, Feb 13, 2020
  4. Eric Ber Win User

how to add a downloaded program on windows 10 that my computer keeps rejecting.

Windows 10: computer keeps tabbing out of currently used program

Hi Sheyshen,

To assist you better, kindly answer the questions below:

• Have you made any changes to your computer prior to this issue?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?
    • Have you tried updating your Windows 10 computer to its latest update?
    • Have you tried to turn off the Get tips, tricks and suggestions as you use Windows
      in the Notification & Actions Settings of your Windows 10 and see if you will still encounter the same issue?

If you are not able to turn off that in the Notification & Actions Settings, you can follow the steps below:

• Press the Windows key.
    • Type Notifications & Actions.
    • Deselect the option Get tips, tricks, and suggestions as you use Windows.
    • Restart your computer.

Regards.

Eric Ber, Feb 13, 2020
Thema:

how to add a downloaded program on windows 10 that my computer keeps rejecting.

1. how to add a downloaded program on windows 10 that my computer keeps rejecting. - Similar Threads - add downloaded program

2. How to Add a Program to "Open With"-Menu in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to Add a Program to "Open With"-Menu in Windows 10: Hi,I try to change the app for opening an excel file but I see the below window:How can I fix it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-add-a-program-to-open-with-menu-in-windows/405b6f6d-2611-4d36-8b8e-ff075b52b85e
  3. How to Add a Program to "Open With"-Menu in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to Add a Program to "Open With"-Menu in Windows 10: I don't have office 365, but I can use office.com to access my word document. However, I also like to open my Word doc on my local disk with wordpad in case I need to do a quick update without going to the web. How can I add the wordpad app to "Open With" menu so I don't need...
  4. Computer rejects internet

Computer rejects internet: My computer show a perfect connection to my home WiFi, yet it refuses to connect. Ethernet cables don't help, and I've had 4 different WiFi adapters. I reinstalled my drivers 3 times, and keep them up to date when my internet works. The "WPA" button doesn't work on the new...
  5. My computer rejects to connect to wifi

My computer rejects to connect to wifi: Hello. Today I was playing games and before 2 hours my computer stopped the wifi my phone was sharing to him (I am using phone as wifi adapter). At the first time it was just saying that he cant connect and I switched to my tablet and then it started to reject everything. It...
  6. How to add a program

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How to add a program: I'm trying to install a ms fsx and the system won.t read disk 1....????? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-add-a-program/0d7af983-e343-4f7c-9e7d-4354fbbc8b57"
  7. WinPatrol Plus - Programs Accept or Reject window

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    WinPatrol Plus - Programs Accept or Reject window: I am a die hard in not wanting to stop using the WinPatrol Plus program that I know has been idle since at least Oct 1917. I have a problem that seems to have cropped up since updating Windows 10 Pro to the 1903 version. Seems that WinPatrol sees from somewhere that there is...
  8. my computer keeps rejecting certain windows updates

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    my computer keeps rejecting certain windows updates: my computer keeps rejecting certain windows updates https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-computer-keeps-rejecting-certain-windows/502dfbf5-44af-48bc-99af-312fd1a5bac9
  9. How to add a program?

How to add a program?: If I go to Control\All Control Panel Items\Default Programs\Set Default Programs. There is a panel on the left with a list of programs. How can I add a another program to this list? Don Cole 77286
  10. How to Add a Program to "Open With" in Windows 10

How to Add a Program to "Open With" in Windows 10: Hi everybody, I use Windows 10 and would like to once Explorer.exe allows me to choose the program that I want to open the .iso files. I would like added "Open with" "VLC media player" for the .iso file in addition to programs that are already in the list. [img]...