Windows 10: How to add a keyboard, I have no "option" under language.

Discus and support How to add a keyboard, I have no "option" under language. in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; how to add a Dvorak keyboard, I have no "option" under language/settings... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Kahini, Sep 4, 2020.

1. Kahini Win User

How to add a keyboard, I have no "option" under language.

how to add a Dvorak keyboard, I have no "option" under language/settings

:)

Kahini, Sep 4, 2020

2. language options for keyboards

Hello,

There are several language options for your keyboard that you can choose from. Since it has disappeared on your end, you can add a keyboard layout then change it your preferred language. Here's how:

• Click on the Start Menu. It's the Windows icon in the bottom left corner.

• Go to Settings.

• Select Time & language > Region & language.

• Click on the language you wish to add a keyboard layout to.

• Choose Options > Add a keyboard.

• Click on the keyboard you want to add.

Once added, you can now change it to your preferred language:

• Press and hold the Windows key

• Press spacebar.

• Pressing spacebar multiple times will toggle through the list of keyboard layouts you have; the layout you currently have selected will always be highlighted.

Let us know how it goes.

If you think this was useful, do not hesitate to "mark it as an answer" to help those who are facing the same problem.

Jennifer Bri, Sep 4, 2020
  3. Language/Keyboard default

Hi Sandra,

You can try these steps to set up your preferred defaults:

• Go to Settings and click Time & Language.
    • Click Region & Language.
    • Click on your default system language then, click Options.
    • Click Add a keyboard then choose your preferred keyboard language.
    • Remove the other keyboard language by choosing it then click Remove.

Tell us if this works.

Katrina Men, Sep 4, 2020
  4. Xylee Del Win User

The extra keyboard layout keep adding to my language bar (with Pics)

Hi Panupong,

The updated Windows 10 may have detected your language, the reason why it automatically gave you the other Thai US keyboard. To correct this issue, we suggest that you follow these steps:

• Click on the Start Menu, type in region and language settings and select it.
    • Under Languages, select Thai Kedmanee keyboard and click Remove.
    • Lastly, add it back by clicking Add a language.

After these steps, your keyboard layout will permanently stay with Thai Kedmanee keyboard.

Let us know if the steps above resolved your issue.

Xylee Del, Sep 4, 2020
Thema:

1. How to add a keyboard, I have no "option" under language. - Similar Threads - add keyboard option

2. how can I add Persian language to keyboard layout in language list , it wasn't in list...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how can I add Persian language to keyboard layout in language list , it wasn't in list...: I got a laptop with single language windows 11 , how can I add Persian language to keyboard layout language list , it wasn't in language list ,Why Persian language isn't in list in keyboard settings ? Please give me a solution because I don't want change my windows....
  3. Keyboard language options missing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Keyboard language options missing: I have English US, Russian, and Japanese languages installed, as shown in Language and region settings. However, only Japanese keyboard appears in taskbar, no English or Russian, and I cannot switch. Current user administrative settings show input language as Japanese, and I...
  4. Keyboard language options missing

Keyboard language options missing: I have English US, Russian, and Japanese languages installed, as shown in Language and region settings. However, only Japanese keyboard appears in taskbar, no English or Russian, and I cannot switch. Current user administrative settings show input language as Japanese, and I...
  5. How to change the keyboard layout order for the SAME language in Language Options

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to change the keyboard layout order for the SAME language in Language Options: I use two languages in my desktop: Italian and English. I also use two different Italian keyboards layouts: the standard one and an enhanced one with several more characters by using AltGr. In Windows settings I can reorder languages but not layouts in the same language. In...
  6. How to change the keyboard layout order for the SAME language in Language Options

How to change the keyboard layout order for the SAME language in Language Options: I use two languages in my desktop: Italian and English. I also use two different Italian keyboards layouts: the standard one and an enhanced one with several more characters by using AltGr. In Windows settings I can reorder languages but not layouts in the same language. In...
  7. nothing is showing under add an optional feature

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    nothing is showing under add an optional feature: I wanna add the wireless display feature when I open optional features and add a feature when I search it is showing nothing.[ATTACH]Is there any way to fix it...
  8. Missing Czech QUERTY keyboard under the language option

in Windows 10 Customization
    Missing Czech QUERTY keyboard under the language option: I just acquired a new notebook, making no changes to installation. There is missing option of choosing the QUERTY keyboard under the Czech language. There is just the default QUERTZ one....
  9. how do I add a language?

in Windows 10 Customization
    how do I add a language?: how do I add a language? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-add-a-language/ba3c4872-2693-4b92-9ab4-f68a5688b9bf
  10. Windows 10 adds keyboard language as System Language

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 adds keyboard language as System Language: Hello, I have this issue... the system language is set to French, the region is set to France. The Keyboard layout is german (i have a german keyboard). The German language is automatically added to the Language Bar. [img] [img] [img] [img] [img] Thank you 65361