Windows 10: How to add a LAN and assign an IP address

Discus and support How to add a LAN and assign an IP address in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; We have been using Windows 7 on an old Dell Latitude D820 laptop for remote monitoring of an inverter. Have recently purchased a Lenovo Thinkpad which... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Cephas777, Mar 18, 2023.

1. Cephas777 Win User

How to add a LAN and assign an IP address

We have been using Windows 7 on an old Dell Latitude D820 laptop for remote monitoring of an inverter. Have recently purchased a Lenovo Thinkpad which is running Windows 10 Pro. Need to set it all up on the Lenovo with Win10. The software is all setup, however it needs a network connection.Some information on the Windows 7 laptop. The one below is what the inverter requires to connect.The next 3 are how the Local Area Network is setup, and how the IP address is defined.Given the above information, how do I i Add a Local Area Network on Win10 and ii assign an ip address of 192.168.1.101I d

:)

Cephas777, Mar 18, 2023
  2. bencrutz Win User

Assigning Static IP Address Range in a Router

yep, pretty much all.

for point #2 if you are having difficulty binding static IP in the router, it is ok to set static IP in the camera instead - just make sure you take a note on which IP is which camera so that you wouldnt put the wrong IP in the port forwarding.

am not sure what you meant. you don't need ddns to access the camera locally (from inside your LAN) *Confused How to add a LAN and assign an IP address :confused:

bencrutz, Mar 18, 2023
  3. Sasqui Win User

Hootoo HT-IP210F HooToo HT-IP210F Indoor 640 x 480 MAX Resolution R... So far, it's awesome. I haven't been able to get audio, not sure why. The web interface is flaky on my Droid, but works and there is a 3rd party Android APP that supports the camera.

So at this point, I need to:

• Set aside a range of static IP addresses (by default in the ASUS, ALL of the IP addresses .2 through .254 are DHCP).
    • Assign one of the static IP addresses to the camera (in the router)
    • Assign a port to that IP address
    Side note: LAN addresses 192.168.1.1 and 192.168.1.255 are reserved in just about every router (from what I've been told)

I just wish I could understand how DDNS works locally. *Confused How to add a LAN and assign an IP address :confused:

Sasqui, Mar 18, 2023
  4. Sasqui Win User

I was planning on setting a range of static IP addresses, assigning the camera to one of those, then assigning a new unique port to that IP. The default camera port is 80.

To access the camera from outside my LAN using port forwarding, my understanding is that you need to assign a unique port... am I dense? *Stick Out Tongue How to add a LAN and assign an IP address :p

Sasqui, Mar 18, 2023
Thema:

1. How to add a LAN and assign an IP address - Similar Threads - add LAN assign

2. How do I assign static ip address to Canon printer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I assign static ip address to Canon printer: I am running Windows 11. I had to buy a new printer when I switched to Windows 11. I purchased the Canon g7020. It has been fine until two days ago. It works then later it will show it as offline. If turn off the printer and turn it on again, it will start working. Trying to...
  3. How do I assign static ip address to Canon printer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I assign static ip address to Canon printer: I am running Windows 11. I had to buy a new printer when I switched to Windows 11. I purchased the Canon g7020. It has been fine until two days ago. It works then later it will show it as offline. If turn off the printer and turn it on again, it will start working. Trying to...
  4. How to add a LAN and assign an IP address

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to add a LAN and assign an IP address: We have been using Windows 7 on an old Dell Latitude D820 laptop for remote monitoring of an inverter. Have recently purchased a Lenovo Thinkpad which is running Windows 10 Pro. Need to set it all up on the Lenovo with Win10. The software is all setup, however it needs a...
  5. How to add a LAN and assign an IP address

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to add a LAN and assign an IP address: We have been using Windows 7 on an old Dell Latitude D820 laptop for remote monitoring of an inverter. Have recently purchased a Lenovo Thinkpad which is running Windows 10 Pro. Need to set it all up on the Lenovo with Win10. The software is all setup, however it needs a...
  6. Windows Sandbox - set/query assigned IP address?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows Sandbox - set/query assigned IP address?: When spinning up Windows Sandbox, it seems to generate a random IP address. Is there a way to configure sandbox to use a specific IP?<Configuration> <Networking>Enable</Networking>...
  7. LAN doesn't have a valid IP address

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    LAN doesn't have a valid IP address: Good afternoon. I'm confused. Just 2 weeks ago my computer was working. Last week I went to log in and this is my error message: "Local area Connection" doesnt have a valid IP configuration. Investigate router or broadband modem issues. Reset the "Local Area Connection"...
  8. Static IP Address Assignment - Does Not Work

Static IP Address Assignment - Does Not Work: Hi. Two of my PC's are identical PC Sticks to which I need to sometimes remote in using their names and sometimes I need to remote into them using their IP addresses. They both run Win10 Pro, remote desktop is enabled and I am easily able to remote into both of them and...
  9. How to assign Multiple IP Addresses to a Network Adapter

in Windows 10 News
    How to assign Multiple IP Addresses to a Network Adapter: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]Many a time IT admin needs to set up multiple IP addresses to the same network adapter. Situations like hosting various SSL sites, speed up traffic exchanges which can skip the gateway in case of multiple IP addresses, different public [...] This post How to...
  10. Windows 10 as WiFi Hotspot not assigning IP addresses

Windows 10 as WiFi Hotspot not assigning IP addresses: Is anyone using Windows 10 to provide as a WiFi Hotspot as what seems to happen when clients connect is it is not successful after trying the Obtaining IP Address, clients include Android mobile devices and set top boxes. 29149