Windows 10: How to add a laptop to an existing MS acct that has another laptop in it.

Discus and support How to add a laptop to an existing MS acct that has another laptop in it. in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I had a Lenovo on a MS acct. Today 12/8 it appears that MS acct is no longer active because I can't sign in. I have another active MS acct for my Acer.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by D RodmanThomas, Dec 8, 2018.

1. How to add a laptop to an existing MS acct that has another laptop in it.

I had a Lenovo on a MS acct. Today 12/8 it appears that MS acct is no longer active because I can't sign in. I have another active MS acct for my Acer. How can I add the Lenovo from that old acct to my new MS acct, the one with the Acer? I cannot get into the Lenovo. Thanks

:)

D RodmanThomas, Dec 8, 2018
  2. n-ster Win User
    n-ster, Dec 8, 2018
  3. NickTh Win User
    MS Acct vs Local acct

I think you can take extra mesurments like two-step authentication, but as you said, using an MS Acct needs you to be more carefull than a local one.

NickTh, Dec 8, 2018
  4. How to add a laptop to an existing MS acct that has another laptop in it.

Laptop overclocking adventures

hey guys I'm trying to get clockgen to work on my laptop but can't get any of the plls to work, can you please post like exactly what steps I need to take to test each pll to see if it works? my specs are listed to the left
    thanks!

nflesher87, Dec 8, 2018
Thema:

How to add a laptop to an existing MS acct that has another laptop in it.

1. How to add a laptop to an existing MS acct that has another laptop in it. - Similar Threads - add laptop existing

2. how to add a device to microsoft acct.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to add a device to microsoft acct.: Can someone tell me how to add a laptop to my microsoft acct. Thank you #seahawk# https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-add-a-device-to-microsoft-acct/4ce110de-376f-49ab-87b4-7ef3b107a5ab
  3. how to add a device to microsoft acct.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how to add a device to microsoft acct.: Can someone tell me how to add a laptop to my microsoft acct. Thank you #seahawk# https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-add-a-device-to-microsoft-acct/4ce110de-376f-49ab-87b4-7ef3b107a5ab
  4. Laptop set for MS acct authentication won't work

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop set for MS acct authentication won't work: Have a new email address. My laptop logs in with MS acct tied to the old email address which doesn't exist anymore. changed the email address. the phone number is the home phone. system will not allow me to update it until the email address is updated one month from now....
  5. Laptop set for MS acct authentication won't work

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Laptop set for MS acct authentication won't work: Have a new email address. My laptop logs in with MS acct tied to the old email address which doesn't exist anymore. changed the email address. the phone number is the home phone. system will not allow me to update it until the email address is updated one month from now....
  6. Laptop set for MS acct authentication won't work

in Windows 10 Gaming
  7. Unable to add pre-existing account to laptop

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Unable to add pre-existing account to laptop: My laptop had an account on it which over time I have changed emails to using my pre-built desktop. It stayed on the laptop for whatever reason. Today I attempted to sign into the account using the new email. It added a new account to the laptop and everytime I put in my...
  8. Add a Pin to an existing MS Account

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Add a Pin to an existing MS Account: I have two computers, a desktop and a laptop both running W10 Pro build 1909 using my MS account. When I set up the desktop I did so with a PIN. Didn't think to do that when I did the laptop. Is there a way at this late date to assign a PIN to the laptop -- preferably the...
  9. How to reactivate with no MS Acct

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    How to reactivate with no MS Acct: Hi Some weeks ago I placed a post on this forum about my husband's PC and unfortunately I did not respond to the two messages that were left. However, now my husband's PC has well and truly died in that the mobo appears to have given up the ghost since doesn't even get to...
  10. MS Acct vs Local acct

in Windows 10 Support
    MS Acct vs Local acct: I see posts referencing local account and can't wrap my head around why users are opting for a local acct. *Huh I have several machines running on a home network, all with an MS account, and all log in without a password. What's not to like *Huh Why is a local...