Windows 10: How to add a LOCAL user to the local "administrators built-in group using GP preferences?

Discus and support How to add a LOCAL user to the local "administrators built-in group using GP preferences? in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; How to add a LOCAL user to the local "administrators built-in group?I´ve disabled the default local "administrator" built-in user and created a new... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by KayZerSoze, Oct 25, 2021.

1. How to add a LOCAL user to the local "administrators built-in group using GP preferences?

How to add a LOCAL user to the local "administrators built-in group?I´ve disabled the default local "administrator" built-in user and created a new "root" local account to serve as local user with administrative privilegesNow, I need to use the GPO Preferences to add this local "root" user to the default "administrators" group alongside with others domain gruposIt´s partixally working, the GPO preferences are able to add my domain groups to the local "administrators" group, but it´s unable to add my local "root" user to the local "administrators" group, eve using %COMPUTERNAME%\root or root,

:)

KayZerSoze, Oct 25, 2021

2. Should the local Administrators (Built-in) group members have local administrator privileges?

I have a Windows 7 machine with the standard local groups of Administrator and Administrator (Built-In). When I put my ID only in the Administrators (Built-In) it does not have local admin privileges.

ID=Rick

Administrators

Rick In this group I have all the privileges on the box I need.

Administrators (Built-In)

Rick If ID is only in this group, I do not have admin privileges.

The machine in running in a domain, and I cannot determine if a GPO is overriding this functionality.

Question: Should the ID have admin privileges on the box if the ID is in Administrators (Built-In)?

RichardBarry3, Oct 25, 2021
  3. Frank C Win User
    Show Local users and Groups

Hello,
    I want to get a list of Local Users and Groups as shown in the first screen shot (taken from the Web).
    When I run Computer Management as administrator that information is not available under
    Computer Management > System Tools (second screen shot - my computer)
    How can I get this information?

How to add a LOCAL user to the local "administrators built-in group using GP preferences? [​IMG]

How to add a LOCAL user to the local "administrators built-in group using GP preferences? [​IMG]

Thanks

Frank C, Oct 25, 2021
  4. Brink Win User

How to add a LOCAL user to the local "administrators built-in group using GP preferences?

Show Local users and Groups

Hello Frank, and welcome to Ten Forums. How to add a LOCAL user to the local "administrators built-in group using GP preferences? :)

If you have the Windows 10 Home edition, then it will not have Local Users and Groups (lusrmgr.msc) included in it. It's only available in the Pro and Enterprise editions instead.

If you like, you could use step 3 in OPTION THREE of the tutorial below list users in a group.

https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/6...a.html#option4

Brink, Oct 25, 2021
Thema:

How to add a LOCAL user to the local "administrators built-in group using GP preferences?

1. How to add a LOCAL user to the local "administrators built-in group using GP preferences? - Similar Threads - add LOCAL user

2. Local Administrators Group

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Local Administrators Group: Hi All,I have maybe a idiot question but I'm trying to get which administrator account is responsible to adding another account into the local administrators group.I tried to filtered the information on the event log ID ID 4728, 4732, 4746, 4751, 4756, 4761 but I don't find...
  3. Local Administrators Group

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Local Administrators Group: Hi All,I have maybe a idiot question but I'm trying to get which administrator account is responsible to adding another account into the local administrators group.I tried to filtered the information on the event log ID ID 4728, 4732, 4746, 4751, 4756, 4761 but I don't find...
  4. Local Administrators Group

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. How to add Local and Microsoft accounts to Administrators Group using PowerShell

in Windows 10 News
    How to add Local and Microsoft accounts to Administrators Group using PowerShell: [ATTACH]If you want to add or remove Local and Microsoft accounts to the Administrators group in Windows 11 or Windows 10, you can do so with the help of Windows PowerShell. Here is the detailed guide you need to follow in order to get it done. There are multiple user account...
  6. User local group Administrator query

User local group Administrator query: Hi Just a question.An EU was created locally in a Windows 10 PC with local admin rights.A command net localgroup Administrators workgroup\EU_username /delete was run remotely by us to remove his admin privileges.His profile worked fine for 6 days after which we see he has...
  7. User local group Administrator query

in Windows 10 Customization
    User local group Administrator query: Hi Just a question.An EU was created locally in a Windows 10 PC with local admin rights.A command net localgroup Administrators workgroup\EU_username /delete was run remotely by us to remove his admin privileges.His profile worked fine for 6 days after which we see he has...
  8. User local group Administrator query

in Windows 10 Gaming
  9. How to add a LOCAL user to the local "administrators built-in group using GP preferences?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How to add a LOCAL user to the local "administrators built-in group using GP preferences?: How to add a LOCAL user to the local "administrators built-in group?I´ve disabled the default local "administrator" built-in user and created a new "root" local account to serve as local user with administrative privilegesNow, I need to use the GPO Preferences to add this...
  10. How to add a LOCAL user to the local "administrators built-in group using GP preferences?

How to add a LOCAL user to the local "administrators built-in group using GP preferences?: How to add a LOCAL user to the local "administrators built-in group?I´ve disabled the default local "administrator" built-in user and created a new "root" local account to serve as local user with administrative privilegesNow, I need to use the GPO Preferences to add this...