Windows 10: How to add a Microsoft Family account in Windows 10 [VIDEO]

Discus and support How to add a Microsoft Family account in Windows 10 [VIDEO] in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; With a Microsoft Family account you can view and manage activity, set screen time limits, set app and game limits, manage spending, and find your... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by Clarissa Lenz, Oct 13, 2020.

1. How to add a Microsoft Family account in Windows 10 [VIDEO]

With a Microsoft Family account you can view and manage activity, set screen time limits, set app and game limits, manage spending, and find your child's location.

Video

Here's how to set one up:

How to add a family member on your PC

We'll email or text an invitation to each person you want to add and they'll need to accept to join the family group. If you're adding an account for a young child, you can set up an email address and monitor it.

To add a member to your family group:

1. Go to family.microsoft.com

2. Sign in with your Microsoft account, then select Add a family member.

3. Select Member or Organizer.

4. Enter an email address or phone number for the person you want to add, then select Send invite.

5. Have the person you invited accept your invitation from the email or text message they receive. Or, in the Notifications section, select Accept now next to Pending member. You'll be signed out so the person you're trying to add can sign in to their account and accept the invitation.

6. For someone that's an adult, you're done. For someone that's a child, they'll need to select My parent can sign in now. Then sign back in to your account, accept the legal terms, choose whether your child can sign in to third-party apps, and select Continue. Now you can set up parental controls in the family group.

How to add a family member on Xbox One

The way you add someone to your family group on Xbox One depends on whether they’re new to Xbox Live or already have an Xbox Live account. For kids who are new to Xbox Live, add them to your family group on the console, then manage their family settings on family.microsoft.com. Otherwise, they may not appear in your list of family members on the console.

If your family member doesn’t have an Xbox Live account:

1. Press the Xbox home button to open the guide, then select Sign in and sign in with your account.

2. Press the Xbox home button again and select System -- Settings -- Account -- Family settings -- Manage family members -- Add to family -- Add new.

3. When the person you want to add is prompted to sign in using their Microsoft account email address, press B on your controller, then move the left stick down to select Get a new account, and have them follow the steps to create a Microsoft account.

4. When you’re prompted, select Add to family.

If your family member has an Xbox Live account on your console:

1. Press the Xbox home button to open the guide, then select Sign in and sign in with your account.

2. Press the Xbox home button again and select System -- Settings -- Account -- Family settings -- Manage family members -- Add to family.

3. Select the profile for the person you want to add, then press the A button on your controller.

How to create a Microsoft account

How to set screen time limits

What is a Microsoft Family support article

Add members to your family group support article

:)

Clarissa Lenz, Oct 13, 2020
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

As you may already know, Windows 10 (as well as Windows 8) allow you to log in with a valid Microsoft account, instead of creating a local account that only works on your machine. However, you may prefer to keep a local account for privacy reasons. If you do, though, some Windows 10 features—like Cortana—may not work. Despite the default behavior, the Windows 10 Store is not one of them. You can still log in to your Microsoft account for just the Store without switching to a full Microsoft account. The process, however, is not terribly obvious. To do so, follow these steps:

• Launch the Store from your Start menu.
    • Click the user icon next to the search box.
    • Click “Sign-in” from the menu that appears.
    • Choose “Microsoft account” and log in like normal.
    • When the “Make it yours” box appears do not enter your password. Instead, click “Sign in to just this app instead.”
    from Lifehacker

Ahhzz, Oct 13, 2020
  3. Zakin Win User
    Strange Windows 10 User Account issue.

Unfortunately I had done those steps numerous reboots, it just, reappears for no good reason. The base account isn't even a Microsoft account, it's a local account.

I haven't quite tried the built in administrator account on W10, but so far in my experience on my own computer, the built in account seemed to have absolutely no more control than I did on my own.

It's just strange, I go in, it warns me twice about deleting the account, then it's gone. Reboot, and it's back?

EDIT: Just to specify, both command line and Netplwiz both say only HIS account exists on the computer, it doesn't list this rogue account. This is what I meant in my first post about the fact that even Windows doesn't seem to believe it exists, HALF the time. *Frown How to add a Microsoft Family account in Windows 10 [VIDEO] :(

Zakin, Oct 13, 2020
  4. Scrizz Win User

How to add a Microsoft Family account in Windows 10 [VIDEO]

Windows 10

you don't have to use a Microsoft account....
    I know I'm not.

Scrizz, Oct 13, 2020
Thema:

How to add a Microsoft Family account in Windows 10 [VIDEO]

1. How to add a Microsoft Family account in Windows 10 [VIDEO] - Similar Threads - add Microsoft Family

2. Add my wife account as family member to my Microsoft family

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Add my wife account as family member to my Microsoft family: I have recently created a family of myself and my duaghter . My wife had already another "family" with her account and my other's daughter account. Currently we are not able to unify/consolidate all four accounts 2 adults + 2 kids to one Microsoft family.I tried to invvite my...
  3. Add my wife account as family member to my Microsoft family

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Add my wife account as family member to my Microsoft family: I have recently created a family of myself and my duaghter . My wife had already another "family" with her account and my other's daughter account. Currently we are not able to unify/consolidate all four accounts 2 adults + 2 kids to one Microsoft family.I tried to invvite my...
  4. Add my wife account as family member to my Microsoft family

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. HOW to get Microsoft to recognize an existing Gmail account to add a family member as...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    HOW to get Microsoft to recognize an existing Gmail account to add a family member as...: Hello again. I asked a few questions a couple of days ago and still can't get this issue resolved. I'm 70 years old and struggling with several things. I'll try to provide a cogent description with specific questions and hope that someone can help.1 My husband's old computer...
  6. HOW to get Microsoft to recognize an existing Gmail account to add a family member as...

HOW to get Microsoft to recognize an existing Gmail account to add a family member as...: Hello again. I asked a few questions a couple of days ago and still can't get this issue resolved. I'm 70 years old and struggling with several things. I'll try to provide a cogent description with specific questions and hope that someone can help.1 My husband's old computer...
  7. Add members to Microsoft Family

Add members to Microsoft Family: Good Day, I need help, I just wanna ask if how ca I have a microsoft Family member? * Moved from Community Participation Center ***Modified title from: Microsoft Family***...
  8. Unable to add a family member in microsoft family

Unable to add a family member in microsoft family: I am logged in with the admin account and trying to add a family member but in the family and other users option it is saying "We couldn't connect to microsoft family right now, so your family on this device might not be up to date".. Pleaase help me with this!...
  9. Add member to your Microsoft family in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Add member to your Microsoft family in Windows 10: How am i suppose to add myslef as a family in my own account with one account to get access to my stuff?! I do not understand how to manage parental control on myself when im the parent and only have one account!!!!!!! ***Modified title from: Microsoft windows 10 xbox...
  10. Add Money to Account of Microsoft Family Child for Microsoft Store

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Add Money to Account of Microsoft Family Child for Microsoft Store: How to: Add Money to Account of Microsoft Family Child for Microsoft Store How to Add Money to Account of Microsoft Family Child to Shop at Microsoft Store One of the many benefits of having a Microsoft account is a family group, which gives you access to family...