Windows 10: How to add a new microphone to Windows 10?

Discus and support How to add a new microphone to Windows 10? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I had just recently bought the Massdrop x Sennheiser pc37x headphones, and was wondering how I go about adding a new microphone to my computer. Thank... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Tex.Mex., Jan 24, 2019.

1. Tex.Mex. Win User

How to add a new microphone to Windows 10?

I had just recently bought the Massdrop x Sennheiser pc37x headphones, and was wondering how I go about adding a new microphone to my computer. Thank you for any assistance.

:)

Tex.Mex., Jan 24, 2019
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jan 24, 2019
  3. microphone is not working

Hi Junezryaz,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. Appreciate your interest in using Windows 10 and your steps in solving the issue.

I suggest you to run the microphone troubleshooter by following the steps below:

• Type “Troubleshooter” in the search box and press Enter.
    • Click on ‘View All’ on the top left corner.
    • Click on “Recording Audio” from the list and follow the prompts for troubleshooting.

Hope the information is helpful. Please revert back with the necessary information and we’ll be glad to assist you.

Eeshwar Kumar, Jan 24, 2019
  4. Arun B J Win User

Built in microphone not working

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps

Method 1: I suggest you to set microphone as default device and check.

• Right click on the volume icon in the system tray and then click "Recording devices"

• Right click on the blank space in the popped up window and then select "Show Disabled Devices" and "Show Disconnected Devices".

• Right click on Microphone and then click "Enable".

• Highlight the microphone and then choose "Set as Default Device".

• Click Apply and OK.

Step 2: Make sure that the Microphone is not disabled.

• Make sure that the Microphone is not disabled. Follow the steps given to check that:

• Right click on the volume icon and select “Recording devices”.

• Now, Right Click on an empty space and select, “Show disconnected devices” and “Show disabled devices”.

• Make sure that the Microphone is not disabled.

And also update the audio drivers from the manufacturer web site and install.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help

Arun B J, Jan 24, 2019
Thema:

1. How to add a new microphone to Windows 10? - Similar Threads - add microphone

2. add NUC/windows device to account, only has options for surface or Xbox

in Windows 10 Gaming
    add NUC/windows device to account, only has options for surface or Xbox: Hi there,i have recently had to return my newly purchased NUC to intel for warranty, i have received the new NUC, re-installed the same hard drive. the NUC works fine but windows now needs activating. i can see the old NUC under my Microsoft logins but when i go to login to...
  3. add NUC/windows device to account, only has options for surface or Xbox

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    add NUC/windows device to account, only has options for surface or Xbox: Hi there,i have recently had to return my newly purchased NUC to intel for warranty, i have received the new NUC, re-installed the same hard drive. the NUC works fine but windows now needs activating. i can see the old NUC under my Microsoft logins but when i go to login to...
  4. How to add foreign language font for Adobe Text Recognition? when Word Text Recognition is...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to add foreign language font for Adobe Text Recognition? when Word Text Recognition is...: I need help to translate PDF using Adobe which delivers better output than Word which cannot recognize text in PDF of Diagrams of Operating and Maintenance Manual.However Adobe text recognition is responding with embedded font issue.My questions are without downloading, how...
  5. How to add foreign language font for Adobe Text Recognition? when Word Text Recognition is...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to add foreign language font for Adobe Text Recognition? when Word Text Recognition is...: I need help to translate PDF using Adobe which delivers better output than Word which cannot recognize text in PDF of Diagrams of Operating and Maintenance Manual.However Adobe text recognition is responding with embedded font issue.My questions are without downloading, how...
  6. How to add foreign language font for Adobe?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to add foreign language font for Adobe?: I need help to translate PDF using Adobe which delivers better output than Word.However Adobe text recognition is responding with embedded font issue.My questions are without downloading, how to know if a font is available from Microsoft?how to download fonts for a specific...
  7. How to add options like Noise Suppression and Acoustic Echo Cancellation to my microphone...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How to add options like Noise Suppression and Acoustic Echo Cancellation to my microphone...: I recently got a new microphone, it being a USB microphone. This is the microphone itself:...
  8. How to add microphone level to volume mixer?

How to add microphone level to volume mixer?: I have bought a microphone, but if i open volume mixer, or any other program, i dont see my microphone. I tried other microphones but they also don't work. I want to make video's but my mic doesn't work. please help me out....
  9. How to add a new microphone windows 10

How to add a new microphone windows 10: I have been attempting to stream (on twitch) recently, and have had concerns that my microphone is not up to par. In fact, I bought a new headset just because of this fear. However, now that I have the new headset/mic, I am beginning to believe that my mic is not the...
  10. Add a "LOCK MICROPHONE REC. LEVEL" please???!!!

in Windows 10 Customization
    Add a "LOCK MICROPHONE REC. LEVEL" please???!!!: This has been going on for years... and I am not the only one to have this problem. This is crazy annoying in our day and age: I use my microphone everyday. People are constantly complaining that I am too loud and there is nothing I can do. My #$#@% microphone mic levels keep...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. add a microphone windows 10

2. add microphone

3. add microphone windows 10

4. how to add a microphone windows 10,
  5. set up microphone windows 10 microsoft.com,
  6. set up microphone in windows 10 microsoft.com,
  7. adding a microphone windows 10,
  8. add a microphone,
  9. install new microphone windows 10,
  10. how to add microphone to windows 10,
  11. add new microphone windows 10,