Windows 10: How to add a password so whenever an .exe file is opened it asks for a password

Discus and support How to add a password so whenever an .exe file is opened it asks for a password in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I have a new laptop on win10 that is my own private machine. I want to set a password so that when any new files and programs such as .exe are run it... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by RichardBishop3, Mar 8, 2019.

1. How to add a password so whenever an .exe file is opened it asks for a password

I have a new laptop on win10 that is my own private machine. I want to set a password so that when any new files and programs such as .exe are run it will ask for a password. I am an admin as it's my machine., and at the moment it will ask for permission to open such files etc but without a password.

as a side note, Will this help against being ratted etc too if it removes the ability to run certain files and make admin changes and locking etc?

:)

RichardBishop3, Mar 8, 2019
  2. AsRock Win User

Password to many word files....

just what i was thinking.. then you open the rar file and asks for the password for the 1st time and you can open the rest of the files without re typing the password.

AsRock, Mar 8, 2019
  3. Password issue

After going through the steps to make a new password, after a week or two, my login credentials are no longer valid. I'm forced to make a new password all over again. It seems to happen if I don't login in a certain period of time. Does our passwords expire???

GoFigureItOut, Mar 8, 2019
  4. Namslas90 Win User

How to add a password so whenever an .exe file is opened it asks for a password

admin password?

You can reset the Admin Password using Windows XP repair; See Here for step by step.

*Toast :toast:

Namslas90, Mar 8, 2019
Thema:

How to add a password so whenever an .exe file is opened it asks for a password

1. How to add a password so whenever an .exe file is opened it asks for a password - Similar Threads - add password whenever

2. bitlocker is asking for password but password is not known

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    bitlocker is asking for password but password is not known: bitlocker is asking for password but password is not known in personal acer laptop https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bitlocker-is-asking-for-password-but-password-is/95f030a9-b3e0-47a1-bda9-d25d43e0750f
  3. bitlocker is asking for password but password is not known

in Windows 10 Gaming
    bitlocker is asking for password but password is not known: bitlocker is asking for password but password is not known in personal acer laptop https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bitlocker-is-asking-for-password-but-password-is/95f030a9-b3e0-47a1-bda9-d25d43e0750f
  4. bitlocker is asking for password but password is not known

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. How to install Zoom app so it does not ask for Admin password?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to install Zoom app so it does not ask for Admin password?: I am using Win7.I received a link in email to download the Zoom app. After installation, when I click the Zoom app icon, it launches a specific "meeting" an aerobics class. So I'm not sure that I am allowed to share the link.The problem is: when I download the app, I am...
  6. How to install Zoom app so it does not ask for Admin password?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to install Zoom app so it does not ask for Admin password?: I am using Win7.I received a link in email to download the Zoom app. After installation, when I click the Zoom app icon, it launches a specific "meeting" an aerobics class. So I'm not sure that I am allowed to share the link.The problem is: when I download the app, I am...
  7. Asking for the password

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Asking for the password: My system is in safe mode I tried everything by searching in all Q&A but still it's not solving my problem. By running the msconfig it shown a window clicked on minimal option it started getting boot restart rather than asking for the pin it is asking for the password then...
  8. How to add password to a folder?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to add password to a folder?: I'm trying to add a password, not to encrypt it, to a Microsoft folder I created, with many files in it. I know I can easily add a password to an actual file. Any help as I can't seem to be able to accomplish this very simple task. thanks so much. ***Modified title...
  9. Password to open files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Password to open files: Trying to open 2 files and my password is not being accepted. I have tried my signin to windows and my signin to Microsoft with no success. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/password-to-open-files/c340685a-787d-4d63-b3c3-f10ec11f069c"
  10. how to open with password

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    how to open with password: undo password to open pc https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-open-with-password/82b8d37e-b7de-414e-b162-38221e5c0fa6

Users found this page by searching for:

1. set password for a file after can no longer be opened