Windows 10: How to add a playback device

Discus and support How to add a playback device in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I am trying to use headphones, but my computer (Asus, Windows 10 pro) won't recognize them. I now need to add headphones as a playback device but there... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by OliviaJS, Sep 24, 2018.

1. OliviaJS Win User

How to add a playback device

I am trying to use headphones, but my computer (Asus, Windows 10 pro) won't recognize them. I now need to add headphones as a playback device but there doesn't seem to be an option for that. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

:)

OliviaJS, Sep 24, 2018
  2. spriggs Win User

Playback devices

Before I received the Creators update, plugging my headphones into the front jack socket did not automatically switch the default playback device from speakers to headphones. I had to go to the playback device menu and do this manually. Since the update, plugging in the headphones works exactly as it should but, oddly, the headphones no longer appear as an option in the playback menu. Any suggestion why?
    It has also been some considerable time since I was able to access the via hd console. Clicking on VIAAUD in Program Files has no effect whatsoever. Any views on this?

spriggs, Sep 24, 2018
  3. Issues with accessing playback devices after upgrading to Windows 10

Hi Vohn,

As you are facing issues with accessing the playback device option on your device, do not worry we will help you with this issue.

This issue might have occurred due to corrupted/ outdated audio drivers, try the below troubleshooting steps and check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to run
    Hardware and Devices troubleshooter
    as it checks for common problems and makes sure that any new device or hardware connected to your PC is installed correctly.

• Press Windows key from the keyboard, type
      Troubleshooting and select it.
    • Click on view all option on the upper left corner of
      Troubleshooting window.
    • Select the Hardware and Device
      options from the list.
    • Click Next to run the
      Hardware and Device
      Troubleshooter.

Step 2: I suggest you to refer to the below Microsoft help article try the troubleshooting steps suggested and check if it helps.

Fix sound problems

Hope it helps. Get back to us with an updated status of this issue for further assistance.

Thank you.

Deepika Gowda, Sep 24, 2018
  4. How to add a playback device

How do I add a "Play device" to my "Playback devices"?

Hi James,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

Sorry for the inconvenience caused to you. I’ll certainly help you with this.

I suggest you to try the following steps and check if it helps.

• Right-click on the speaker icon on your taskbar.
    • Select "Playback Devices".
    • On a empty space, right click and select both Show Disconnected/Disabled Devices
    • Check if your headphone is shown in the devices list.
    • If yes, right click on it select and Set as default device.

Hope this helps you. Keep us posted with the status of the issue to assist you further.

Thank you.

Azaruddin Syed, Sep 24, 2018
Thema:

How to add a playback device

1. How to add a playback device - Similar Threads - add playback device

2. clipchamp : how to add voice while video playback

in Windows 10 Gaming
    clipchamp : how to add voice while video playback: Clipchamp:In video editing, it is important to do dubbing, where you add your voice while video is playing.. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/clipchamp-how-to-add-voice-while-video-playback/99087874-f558-439e-9360-249a7749b8b2
  3. clipchamp : how to add voice while video playback

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    clipchamp : how to add voice while video playback: Clipchamp:In video editing, it is important to do dubbing, where you add your voice while video is playing.. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/clipchamp-how-to-add-voice-while-video-playback/99087874-f558-439e-9360-249a7749b8b2
  4. How do I add headphones to the playback section?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How do I add headphones to the playback section?: So awhile I back I mistakenly damaged the audio and couldn't hear sound (red x symbol ), but recently I had got some new headphones and plugged it in and I can hear sound fine (of course the red x wasn't there for some reason ). So the main sound was disabled ( no red x...
  5. How to add a device

How to add a device: I have a new pc, and want to download some programmes, of which it sends me to microsoft and says I have to add the device o my account. I don't seem to be able to do this. Any help!...
  6. How can i add another playback device as my speakers? (Audio)

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How can i add another playback device as my speakers? (Audio): my headphones jackplug its stuck inside my pc :( and i want sound but the same playback device is for my internal Speakers and my Headphones, is there a way to add another one as my Speakers or just Enable/unlock my Speakers??? pls i need help, im tired of being like this...
  7. playback device

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    playback device: no playback devices installed https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/playback-device/6105a10c-d3d9-485c-8d05-1910a1572808
  8. Shortcut to Playback devices

in Windows 10 Customization
    Shortcut to Playback devices: Hello All, I was wondering how I can get the shortcut back to 'Playback devices' on the menu you get when you right click the volume icon. In one update it was replaced with 'Sounds' and I don't know about you but I'm not changing my sounds so often I need a shortcut to...
  9. Playback devices

Playback devices: On my windows 10 fully updated. I can't separate the headphones from the speakers because they are both identified as one device in the playback devices. When I plug in the headphones, the sound is automatically played on it but when I switch back to the speaker, I must...
  10. Playback devices

Playback devices: Before I received the Creators update, plugging my headphones into the front jack socket did not automatically switch the default playback device from speakers to headphones. I had to go to the playback device menu and do this manually. Since the update, plugging in the...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. add playback device

2. add playback device windows 10

3. add headphones to computer

4. windows playback device,
  5. add a playback device,
  6. add a playback device windows 10,
  7. add headphones playback,
  8. playback devices,
  9. add audio playback device windows 10,
  10. how to add a playback device windows 10,
  11. how to add a playback device,