Windows 10: How to Add a Program to "Open With"-Menu in Windows 10

Discus and support How to Add a Program to "Open With"-Menu in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I don't have office 365, but I can use office.com to access my word document. However, I also like to open my Word doc on my local disk with wordpad in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by TeresaCK, Dec 8, 2020.

1. TeresaCK Win User

How to Add a Program to "Open With"-Menu in Windows 10

I don't have office 365, but I can use office.com to access my word document. However, I also like to open my Word doc on my local disk with wordpad in case I need to do a quick update without going to the web. How can I add the wordpad app to "Open With" menu so I don't need to go to "choose another app" each time. I also don't want to change the file type either.. Please help! Thanks

:)

TeresaCK, Dec 8, 2020
Thema:

How to Add a Program to "Open With"-Menu in Windows 10

1. How to Add a Program to "Open With"-Menu in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Add Program Open

2. How to add a program to the start menu?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to add a program to the start menu?: I'm trying to configure the Windows 11 start menu to work the way I want. I found these instructions for adding a program to the menu:1. Click the Start button on the task bar.2. Click All Apps.3. Right click the app I want to add. Windows opens a context menu which, in the...
  3. How to add a program to the start menu?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to add a program to the start menu?: I'm trying to configure the Windows 11 start menu to work the way I want. I found these instructions for adding a program to the menu:1. Click the Start button on the task bar.2. Click All Apps.3. Right click the app I want to add. Windows opens a context menu which, in the...
  4. How to Add a Program to "Open With"-Menu in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to Add a Program to "Open With"-Menu in Windows 10: Hi,I try to change the app for opening an excel file but I see the below window:How can I fix it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-add-a-program-to-open-with-menu-in-windows/405b6f6d-2611-4d36-8b8e-ff075b52b85e
  5. How to Add a Program to "Open With"-Menu in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to Add a Program to "Open With"-Menu in Windows 10: Hi,I try to change the app for opening an excel file but I see the below window:How can I fix it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-add-a-program-to-open-with-menu-in-windows/405b6f6d-2611-4d36-8b8e-ff075b52b85e
  6. How to Add a Program to "Open With"-Menu in Windows 10

7. Add a Program to Open With Drop Down Menu?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Add a Program to Open With Drop Down Menu?: I downloaded Ruffle to be able to run Flash files if needed, and wanted to associate the .swf file type with the program. Ruffle comes as a portable .exe so I've had to set up the associations manually. I've managed to associate the file with a ProgID in the registry and...
  8. How to Add a Program to "Open With"-Menu in Windows 10 using the registry, but for a...

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to Add a Program to "Open With"-Menu in Windows 10 using the registry, but for a...: I was following the thread here: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-files/how-to-add-a-program-to-open-with-menu-in-windows/9cf96860-256f-49ca-a78a-6ce20f34eb17?page=1 There is a registry fix for adding a program to the 'open with' menu, in great...
  9. How to Add a Program to "Open With"-Menu in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to Add a Program to "Open With"-Menu in Windows 10: If I right-click on a file in the explorer windows, I get an menu including the "Open with"-option. Some standard programs are listed there. If i click "Choose another app", I will find the one I need. However, the Open With menu doesn't remember it for the future - I always...
  10. How to Add a Program to "Open With" in Windows 10

How to Add a Program to "Open With" in Windows 10: Hi everybody, I use Windows 10 and would like to once Explorer.exe allows me to choose the program that I want to open the .iso files. I would like added "Open with" "VLC media player" for the .iso file in addition to programs that are already in the list. [img]...