Windows 10: how to add a program to the list of programs that will start when windows starts

Discus and support how to add a program to the list of programs that will start when windows starts in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I want to learn how to add a program to the list of programs that will start when windows starts. As an exercise and to describe the steps to take, I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by SweetTasha, May 14, 2019.

1. how to add a program to the list of programs that will start when windows starts

I want to learn how to add a program to the list of programs that will start when windows starts.

As an exercise and to describe the steps to take, I tried to add a program called Keepass.

Here are the steps I took:

1. click start/search msconfig

how to add a program to the list of programs that will start when windows starts e38fcc4a-81d1-4d3b-b9a6-9dc864b5d9fc?upload=true.jpg

2. click normal>OK
    3. click startup in task manager. That brings up a list of apps (keepass is not listed)

4. click file>run a new task

how to add a program to the list of programs that will start when windows starts 46255c18-c81d-4060-bbf3-46ddde25ac7a?upload=true.jpg

5. type path of keepass>OK

Now keepass has been added to task bar. However, when I restart Windows, keepass is not on the taskbar.

:)

SweetTasha, May 14, 2019

2. Add Remove Programs in Windows XP doesn't finish loading program list?!

Add Remove Programs in Windows XP doesn't finish loading the program list (It never even starts displaying any programs) and I believe it may be that a uninstall program messed up completely and Windows can't figure out what programs are installed because of it. What is the problem? Please?

ventusignis, May 14, 2019
  3. irlandezul, May 14, 2019
  4. how to add a program to the list of programs that will start when windows starts

Files missing from "Start Menu" "All Programs"

RE: WINDOWS 7 ULTIMATE 32bit, Files missing from "Start Menu" "All Programs" list.

I have several "start menu" programs missing in my "all programs" list. One of the missing entries is the "accessories" folder and all related files.

As far as I can tell all of the missing files are on the system and they can be found by using the "start menu search" facility. This problem is occurring with other users but I can not find a solution which works to get things back the way they were after installing the OS.

I am seeing the missing apps and other items at this location in iexplore.exe %allusersprofile%\Start Menu\Programs .

Everything I have tried to get these items back into my "start menu" "all programs" list has been met with failure except creating a shortcut. A shortcut is not the real fix as it leaves two entries in the folder.

When I right click on the highlighted "all Programs" box, in the start menu, a small options list pops up, if "open all users" is selected a new window pops up. Inside that window I can click on the programs folder where I can see the missing entries that should appear on my "all programs" list plus those which I presently see on my "all programs" list together in a single directory listing.

How can I get the above directory list of programs back into the "start menu" "all programs" area so I do not have to go through this extra window and select the programs folder to locate what I wish to run?

I also noticed my accessories folder has a lock on it while I am in the primary user administrator account. If you know how to get rid of the lock it would be helpful however I can find that information when I get a chance to look up the answer?

I noticed some hidden (first tier) folders on the C: drive which I made visible while leaving protection on the OS folders. I can now see these folders in an iexplore.exe directory listing. This did not fix the problem in the "all programs" file selection list and I do not remember if this folder was hidden when the OS was installed.

When I opened up the system to allow a login directly into the Administrator account everything shows up the same as it did when the OS installed along with all other programs installed afterward.

After some progress I am still here *Bang Head :banghead: and slowly getting closer to an answer. Can anyone help me get there a little faster?

N9ZN-Extra, May 14, 2019
Thema:

how to add a program to the list of programs that will start when windows starts

1. how to add a program to the list of programs that will start when windows starts - Similar Threads - add program list

2. How to add a program to the start menu?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to add a program to the start menu?: I'm trying to configure the Windows 11 start menu to work the way I want. I found these instructions for adding a program to the menu:1. Click the Start button on the task bar.2. Click All Apps.3. Right click the app I want to add. Windows opens a context menu which, in the...
  3. How to add a program to the start menu?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to add a program to the start menu?: I'm trying to configure the Windows 11 start menu to work the way I want. I found these instructions for adding a program to the menu:1. Click the Start button on the task bar.2. Click All Apps.3. Right click the app I want to add. Windows opens a context menu which, in the...
  4. Windows 10 start program list - how to edit

Windows 10 start program list - how to edit: I used to quite like windows in the old days, maybe at 67 it's just beyond me now. All I want to do is go into the start menu list and take the icons of my added programs and have them show in the list without having to open a folder first. I'd also like to get rid of all the...
  5. Windows 10 start program list - how to edit

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 start program list - how to edit: I used to quite like windows in the old days, maybe at 67 it's just beyond me now. All I want to do is go into the start menu list and take the icons of my added programs and have them show in the list without having to open a folder first. I'd also like to get rid of all the...
  6. dll.js is listed in start-up program

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    dll.js is listed in start-up program: Hi In my computer dll.js is listed as start-up program. I don't have any clue about this program. Can anyone tell which program is this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dlljs-is-listed-in-start-up-program/403cacdf-d0da-41fb-95f9-7e1f8168ff53"
  7. Language in Start menu program list

in Windows 10 Customization
    Language in Start menu program list: Why does "Microsfoft office Hulpprogramma's" appear in Nederland in my start menu program list when my system language is English. All other start menu programs are shown in English....
  8. How to add my own program to the list of Default programs?

How to add my own program to the list of Default programs?: I'm trying to add my own program (AkelPad) to the list of Default programs. [img] I created and applied the reg-file, but the program still is not in the list. Code: Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00 [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\AkelPad\Capabilities]...
  9. How can I add programs to the All Apps start menu list?

How can I add programs to the All Apps start menu list?: I've tried the tutorial Here and it does not work. I'm trying to add the app 'DotA 2' and have put it in the \programdata\microsoft\windows\start menu\programs and then restarted my PC. It is still not showing up. [img] [img] 12802
  10. Programs Used List in Start Menue

in Windows 10 Support
    Programs Used List in Start Menue: How do a get a program that I use quite often to get on the "Most Used Programs List". I realize that I probably have to use it more for it to appear on the list. But I want to know if I can get it there even though the program is not used as often as the others. TIA...