Windows 10: how to add a second or third email address to windows 10

Discus and support how to add a second or third email address to windows 10 in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; I am trying to add another email to my login screen; however, it will not allow me. I have used 2 before. One says use a company or school but I only... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by dcmar21, Mar 28, 2021.

1. dcmar21 Win User

how to add a second or third email address to windows 10

I am trying to add another email to my login screen; however, it will not allow me. I have used 2 before. One says use a company or school but I only want another email added so I can save both on my excel.

:)

dcmar21, Mar 28, 2021

2. old email addresses

Thank you for updating me HA.111

Here is the step to remove that old email address.

Start typing an email address into the “To” field. As soon as you see the old email address being recommended as one of the potential candidates, use the down arrow key to scroll through the list of suggestions. Once you highlight the old email address, type the delete key. In many cases, this will actually remove the entry not only from the current list of suggestions but from future suggestions as well. You may even find that as you mouse over the drop-down list the highlighted item will have an “x” to explicitly allow you to delete it.

Just do this step and your good to go.

Continue to have an escellent day HA.111

Best regards,

Anthony C. De Jesus

Independent Advisor

Anthony1129, Mar 28, 2021
  3. Kari Win User
    Additional email addresses

You are talking about two totally different things, contacts versus predictive text input in mail client.

In most email clients, like Windows Mail, when you start typing an address in TO, CC or BCC fields, the client does not pick the addresses suggested from your contacts. Instead, it suggests addresses you have sent email earlier, or addresses of those who have sent email to you.

If I now sent you an email, and you replied to it, next time when you write an email to someone whose address starts with K, my email address would be one of the suggested to you although I am not in your contacts.

4. how to add a second or third email address to windows 10

Windows Mail -delete bogus email addresses

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We understand the difficulties you are facing in Mail app while adding the email address.
    In order to get clarity and to assist you accordingly, please reply with the answers to the questions below:

• What is the Version and Build of Windows 10 currently installed? (Type
      winver in Windows search/Run command)
    • What is the Version of Mail and Calendar app installed?
    • Are you aware of any changes on the PC prior to this issue?
    • Does this happen for all the emails?
    • Do you see the unknown email address when typing in the "To" filed or does it add automatically while you send?

The suggestions of email address can be from the emails that you may have received or sent. You may want to search the mailbox if emails from this address exists.

Meanwhile, we would suggest you to perform these steps and check.

Step 1: Run the Windows Store Apps Troubleshooter: Select the
    Start button, and then select Settings>Update & Security
    > Troubleshoot, and then from the list select Windows Store apps > Run the troubleshooter.

Step 2: Reset App

1. Press Windows + I key to open Windows
      Settings.
    2. Click on Apps and select
      Apps & feature
      from the left pane.
    3. Scroll and look for the
      Mail and Calendar app.
    4. Select the app and click on Advanced option.
    5. Click on Reset and once you see a tick mark, then relaunch and check.

Let us know the results. We will certainly assist you further.

Aditya Roy

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Aditya_Roy, Mar 28, 2021
Thema:

how to add a second or third email address to windows 10

1. how to add a second or third email address to windows 10 - Similar Threads - add second third

2. How to add alias email address when account email address is no longer accessible?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to add alias email address when account email address is no longer accessible?: I am trying to access my daughter’s Microsoft account Minecraft related issue to add an alias email address as the email address associated with the Microsoft account is no longer accessible.I can access the Microsoft account ok, but the problem occurs when trying to add the...
  3. How to add alias email address when account email address is no longer accessible?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to add alias email address when account email address is no longer accessible?: I am trying to access my daughter’s Microsoft account Minecraft related issue to add an alias email address as the email address associated with the Microsoft account is no longer accessible.I can access the Microsoft account ok, but the problem occurs when trying to add the...
  4. How to add alias email address when account email address is no longer accessible?

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
  5. How can I add a third Monitor and work independently from the second monitor?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How can I add a third Monitor and work independently from the second monitor?: I just installed a third monitor with a HDMI Splitter that has 4 HDMI out ports and 1 in port. The third monitor is working, however it will only mirror the second monitor it will not work independently from the second monitor. My PC with windows 10 will not detect the third...
  6. How can I add a third Monitor and work independently from the second monitor?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How can I add a third Monitor and work independently from the second monitor?: I just installed a third monitor with a HDMI Splitter that has 4 HDMI out ports and 1 in port. The third monitor is working, however it will only mirror the second monitor it will not work independently from the second monitor. My PC with windows 10 will not detect the third...
  7. Adding a second email address

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Adding a second email address: I have my own email and on just one desktop computer, I need to have a second address for husband to receive emails. Thank You https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/adding-a-second-email-address/7f05c7c2-31eb-4611-b8cc-a3b6bd886144
  8. Add hyperlink to email address

in Windows 10 Customization
    Add hyperlink to email address: Need to add hyperlink to email address RMC doesn't work on WordPad https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/add-hyperlink-to-email-address/72d46eb2-c38e-49c3-8ab6-0c1cde406099
  9. bcc copying of email addresses from an incoming email onto a second email. how to do this...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    bcc copying of email addresses from an incoming email onto a second email. how to do this...: I want to forward on an email to only two of the email addresses from a group of 10 peolple on a received how do I BCC blind copy the other 8 please? do I have to type in each of their addressess on to the second email ? help please....
  10. Cannot add another email address

in Browsers and Email
    Cannot add another email address: Hi all,,I have not had this comp very long and I am trying to add another email address to windows 10 mail app. I have one which is******@outlook.com and is my Microsoft account, and another ********@btinternet.com, which both are working ok. I want another address not...