Windows 10: How to add an alt user account to my pc with no file access or programs?

Discus and support How to add an alt user account to my pc with no file access or programs? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I'm trying to add another account to my pc that won't have access to my files or programs, as if it were an entirely separate computer. I'm trying to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/penjo1, Jul 13, 2020.

1. /u/penjo1 Win User

How to add an alt user account to my pc with no file access or programs?

I'm trying to add another account to my pc that won't have access to my files or programs, as if it were an entirely separate computer. I'm trying to create some how-to setup videos on some stuff and I don't want to screw up all my personal programs and reinstall everything. Is this possible?

I've tried to "add someone else to this PC" both with and without a Microsoft account and both have resulted in my files showing up on the alt account.

submitted by /u/penjo1
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/penjo1, Jul 13, 2020
  2. Xylee Del Win User

Can't access my home user account on Windows 10.

File Explorer may have encountered an issue due system conflict. To correct this, follow the steps below:

• On the Search bar, type in quick access and press Enter.
    • Select File Explorer Options.
    • On the General tab, make sure to set Open File Explorer to
      This PC.
    • Under Privacy, remove the check mark on Show recently used files in Quick access
      and Show frequently used folders in Quick access.
    • Click Apply and OK.
    We also suggest that you follow these steps on how to Enable Built-in Administrator
    to access your files and perform the troubleshooting steps given by
    Pavan_N
    and BulldogXX. Follow the steps below to Enable Built-in Administrator:

The built-in elevated "Administrator account" is a local account that has full unrestricted access rights to the PC.

• Right click on the Windows icon, select Command Prompt.
    • A Command Prompt window will open.
    • Type in or copy and paste this command:
      • net user administrator /active:yes
    • Press Enter. Close the Command Prompt.
    • Sign out with your current account and try to sign in using Administrator.

Let us know if these troubleshooting steps worked.

Xylee Del, Jul 13, 2020
  3. File history on USB security user access

Hi,

To isolate this concern, we suggest that you follow the steps below:

• Open File History folder.
    • Select all the files that you don't want to be accessed.
    • Right-click on the highlighted files and choose Properties.
    • Go to Security tab.
    • Click on Advanced.
    • Select all the user account that you don't want to have access on your File History folder.
    • Click on Disable inheritance.
    • Lastly, click on OK.

Let us know how it goes.

Desiree Yau, Jul 13, 2020
  4. How to add an alt user account to my pc with no file access or programs?

Am unable to create a new user. Accounts -> Add someone else to this PC options is not working to create a new account.

Hi Pawan,

Do not worry we will help you with this issue.

Try few of the troubleshooting steps below and check if it helps.

I suggest you to sign out from the current user account, restart the computer, sign-in and check with the status of this issue. As this might be a temporary issue.

Follow the below steps to create a new user account:

• Press Windows + X keys from the keyboard, click on
      Control Panel.
    • Select User Accounts, click on Manage another account.
    • Select Add a new user in PC settings, click on
      Add someone else to this PC
      and follow onscreen instructions.
    Refer to: Create a local user account
    in Windows 10

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of creating a new user account for further assistance.

Thank you.

Deepika Gowda, Jul 13, 2020
Thema:

How to add an alt user account to my pc with no file access or programs?

1. How to add an alt user account to my pc with no file access or programs? - Similar Threads - add alt user

2. How to add User Account via Email & Accounts

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to add User Account via Email & Accounts: I attempt to add a new user account by via Email & Accounts. I select "Add account" I select Google >> Continue Enter email address Enter password I select Allow I get an error message: "Something went wrong" Error code: 0x8000000b. Therefore, I changed my security settings...
  3. How to add User Account via Email & Accounts

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to add User Account via Email & Accounts: I attempt to add a new user account by via Email & Accounts. I select "Add account" I select Google >> Continue Enter email address Enter password I select Allow I get an error message: "Something went wrong" Error code: 0x8000000b. Therefore, I changed my security settings...
  4. Access my files from user account, not just administrator account.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Access my files from user account, not just administrator account.: I read I should make a user non-administrative account for everyday online use of my laptop. I added an account that is me but not as administrator. I need to access all my personal files with my new user account. I tried making one folder shareable as a test. That failed....
  5. Access my files from user account, not just administrator account.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Access my files from user account, not just administrator account.: I read I should make a user non-administrative account for everyday online use of my laptop. I added an account that is me but not as administrator. I need to access all my personal files with my new user account. I tried making one folder shareable as a test. That failed....
  6. Access my files from user account, not just administrator account.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Access my user files from another PC

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Access my user files from another PC: I am trying to access files from my previous PC. I've restored the backup of that PC's C: drive to a vhdx virtual disk. I can mount it and access all of its files except the files in my user folder - I don't have access rights from my new computer. What to I need to do to...
  8. How to transfer files/programs for a new user account?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to transfer files/programs for a new user account?: Hello! If I want to create a new user on my PC, what determines what files and programs that transfers from my main admin-user to the new user? I created a new user on my computer and some programs and files came with it and some didn't. submitted by /u/ReactedLizard...
  9. A program use to access users PC

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    A program use to access users PC: I think program named Chrone browser (similar to Chrome, but use to install threat in PC) is suspicious program, Its installed automatically without my permission while I access web....
  10. How to add another user to my PC?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    How to add another user to my PC?: Hi Roomies, I'm using Win 10 Pro and I'm trying to add another user to my laptop with a local account and I'm getting this error once I click add user. [img] Thank you 23590