Windows 10: How to add an email address and name to Microsoft People app from Microsoft mail app

Discus and support How to add an email address and name to Microsoft People app from Microsoft mail app in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi guys, When I receive an email in the Microsoft email app, how do I add that email address and name to the Microsoft People app from the Microsoft... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by jkeXZ, Apr 9, 2021.

1. jkeXZ Win User

How to add an email address and name to Microsoft People app from Microsoft mail app

Hi guys,

When I receive an email in the Microsoft email app, how do I add that email address and name to the Microsoft People app from the Microsoft email app.

Kind regards

jkeXZ

:)

jkeXZ, Apr 9, 2021
  2. kjdawson1 Win User

Email addresses in People app does not open up in the mail app

I have windows 10. Previously in the people app when you clicked on a persons email you had the option to open the email in the mail app. Now when I click on any persons email whether it is gmail or outlook et al, it no longer gives me a choice to open in the mail app.... rather it just opens up my browser. This is for every email address I have in the people app. One more thing for your clarification. The mail app is synced with the people app because when I insert a name in the "to" box, the email addresses from the contact list show up as options. So I don't think this is a syncing issue. The problem is that you can't use the people app to email anyone because all it does is open up a browser when you click on the emaill address in the people app. Any Suggestions?

kjdawson1, Apr 9, 2021
  3. kjdawson1 Win User
    Email addresses in People app does not open up in the mail app

Thanks for confirming that this is not an issue with me Caledon, but it is an issue with the program. That helps. What surprises me is that Microsoft has not addressed this issue and more surprising is that there is very little comments on this issue on the internet. This is a productivity issue and should be addressed by Microsoft as soon as possible. What is also surprising is that Caledon and I have the same issue ( not quite but close) but Helmut seems to be able to send email through the people app. Helmut I deleted all accounts and then added them back in, but the issue still exists. This did not happen a few weeks ago, but it is happening now. I am assuming that an update to the mail and people app is doing this. But that does not help me. I cannot use the email address from any of my contacts in the people app to email them. All I get when I do that is a browser showing up. However, I can use the email app if I put their name in the TO Box which means that it is not a synching issue. Thanks to both of you for responding

kjdawson1, Apr 9, 2021
  4. Bastet Win User

How to add an email address and name to Microsoft People app from Microsoft mail app

Win10 Mail - where's the address book?

That’s now the People app. How to add an email address and name to Microsoft People app from Microsoft mail app :)
    If you know the contact's name or email address & they’re listed in the People app, you can start typing the first few letters of their name or email address and Mail for Windows 10 will suggest matching contacts.

Bastet, Apr 9, 2021
Thema:

1. How to add an email address and name to Microsoft People app from Microsoft mail app - Similar Threads - add email address

2. how can I add work email to microsoft mail app?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how can I add work email to microsoft mail app?: I had an old computer and I added my work email in the mail app. Pretty easy process, simply selected office 365, input my email and got redirected to my work portal and logged in to that, easy. On my new computer I follow the same process, but it then takes me to wher I have...
  3. how can I add work email to microsoft mail app?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how can I add work email to microsoft mail app?: I had an old computer and I added my work email in the mail app. Pretty easy process, simply selected office 365, input my email and got redirected to my work portal and logged in to that, easy. On my new computer I follow the same process, but it then takes me to wher I have...
  4. how can I add work email to microsoft mail app?

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Microsoft People/People app

Microsoft People/People app: Recently had to reinstall Win 10 Pro on my desktop. People or Microsoft People should have been part of that install, I believe, but maybe not because I believe I kept my files and programs. Regardless, my contacts in People are gone. Apps show I have 'People' but will not...
  6. Microsoft mail app showing other peoples emails.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Microsoft mail app showing other peoples emails.: I had my older brother set up an account on my computer, if he wants to use it, and now when i go to the email app on my account, it shows his emails, which i don't want to see, 1 for privacy reasons, 2 There doesn't seem to be a way to switch to MY email on the app. Help?...
  7. Adding email sender to People app from Mail

Adding email sender to People app from Mail: When I receive an email in Mail app how do I add that person as a contact in the People app. I am fully up to date running Windows 10 Home 1903. I know I can do this by copy paste etc in a manual way but where is the option to left/right click and select add? I have read...
  8. How to add a person who emailed from Windows 10 mail into People app?

in Browsers and Email
    How to add a person who emailed from Windows 10 mail into People app?: Do I have to manually add each person that has emailed me in Windows 10 mail? I get emails from people using windows 10 mail and I can't seem to "right click" on the sender and click "add to contacts" or "add to people app" is there any way to do this? 49266
  9. Email addresses in People app does not open up in the mail app

in Browsers and Email
    Email addresses in People app does not open up in the mail app: I have windows 10. Previously in the people app when you clicked on a persons email you had the option to open the email in the mail app. Now when I click on any persons email whether it is gmail or outlook et al, it no longer gives me a choice to open in the mail app.......
  10. Cannot save email address from Mail app to People app

Cannot save email address from Mail app to People app: I am trying to add an email address from an existing email from the Windows 10 Mail app to the Windows 10 People app. I click the email adress, click OPEN CONTACT, click SAVE. It does not save. Instead, it opens my list of contacts and asks me to "Choose a contact". I have to...