Windows 10: how to add an icon to the desktop? (September 2020)

Discus and support how to add an icon to the desktop? (September 2020) in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Has anyone been able to add a new icon to the desktop (that wasn't part of program install process)??? Ever since the most recent update (this post is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/ChevronSevenDeferred, Sep 5, 2020.

1. how to add an icon to the desktop? (September 2020)

Has anyone been able to add a new icon to the desktop (that wasn't part of program install process)???

Ever since the most recent update (this post is as of September 5, 2020), I haven't been able to add an icon to the desktop. This is very stupid and frustrating. I miss the drag and drop feature.

Edit- the older tutorials online are no help

Thank You!!!

submitted by /u/ChevronSevenDeferred
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/ChevronSevenDeferred, Sep 5, 2020

2. Remove Linux Desktop Icons

I am not sure whether this will work (Ubuntu does not have icons like that on the desktop by default), but I suggest opening the trash bin and sweeping the icons into the window showing the trash bin.

Peter1986C, Sep 5, 2020
  3. Desktop Icons Won't Stay Put

Hi Laurie,

As per the issue description I understand that you are facing issues with desktop icons.

I suggest you try the following step in order to arrange the icons.

• Right click on the desktop.
    • Click on view
    • Check the option auto arrange icons.
    Let us know if this helps.

Thanks.

Divya Murugan, Sep 5, 2020
  4. how to add an icon to the desktop? (September 2020)

Desktop Icons

Hello Glenda,

Share this information to assist you better.

• Is the issue particular to the Comcast?
    • Have you installed all the pending updates?
    • Did you try changing icons of other shortcuts?
    Follow the steps and check if it helps:

Step 1: Press Windows+I to open Settings panel, and click
    Personalization to access Personalization settings.

Step 2: Tap Change desktop icons on the top left in the Personalization window.

Step 3: In the Desktop Icon Settings window, select the icon of
    This PC and click Change Icon.

Step 4: Choose a new icon from the list, and tap OK.

Step 5: Click OK to confirm the change.

Let us know the status of the issue.

Rakesh Narayanaswamy, Sep 5, 2020
Thema:

how to add an icon to the desktop? (September 2020)

1. how to add an icon to the desktop? (September 2020) - Similar Threads - add icon desktop

2. September 2020 update

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    September 2020 update: Since the update, when I put computer to sleep, then want it to wake up I am taken to the lock screen and log on rather than to where I left off. How to alter this please....
  3. Windows September 2020 Bug

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows September 2020 Bug: Hello, I noticed a bug on Win 10 2020 Update from September. Mine just got the update, however it updated about 10 hours afterward a few mins ago for me and all of a sudden it seems to have switched from 10 Home to Enterprise. By the way all I do is study FAA aviation and...
  4. Windows Update September 2020

Windows Update September 2020: Updated PC with the latest Windows 10 September 2020 update - the update loaded and then changed to uninstalling the update indicating there was a problem. The PC has crashed and attempts to boot are unsuccessful....
  5. Malware September 2020

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Malware September 2020: Hi. About a week ago i intended to briefly turn on "trust network" to check something and almost immediately I got some type of warning from my Mcafee i believe, or at least it appeared to be and then a webpage opened which, from what I saw I think there was some kind...
  6. Cumulative updates - September 2020

Cumulative updates - September 2020: This is a summary of the cumulative updates released on August 11th for all the supported consumer releases of Windows 10. Windows 10 2004 -KB4571756 Build 19041.508 Windows 10 1903 and 1909 - KB4574727, Build 18362.1082 and 18363.1082 Windows 10 1809- KB4570333, Build...
  7. how to add shortcut icon to desktop for a web page

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how to add shortcut icon to desktop for a web page: trying to put shortcut on desktop https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-add-shortcut-icon-to-desktop-for-a-web-page/abeaea90-d25d-4e33-8baa-aa19eb20e89a
  8. COMPUTEX 2020 Rescheduled to September 28-30, 2020

in Windows 10 News
    COMPUTEX 2020 Rescheduled to September 28-30, 2020: [ATTACH] Unfortunately, the world is affected by severe infectious pneumonia (COVID-19). As of today, more than 300,000 people have been diagnosed across 167 countries worldwide, impacting the economy, trade, transportation, convention, and tourism. COMPUTEX organizers,...
  9. Add App icon in Desktop

in Windows 10 Customization
    Add App icon in Desktop: how to you put an app icon on desktop [Original Title: Desktop] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-start-win_desk/add-app-icon-in-desktop/c6c0d6ae-5301-411f-b72e-c2da93a0c2ac
  10. how to add desktop icons to sysprep image

how to add desktop icons to sysprep image: Can you tell me how to keep the icons I set in my customized windows 10 image. I add them and do a sysprep with copyprofile but when i image the new computer, my desktop and network, and user - etc icons are not there. Also can you or someone show me how to keep the "select...