Windows 10: How to add an item in the rightclick menu

Discus and support How to add an item in the rightclick menu in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I want to add an item in the rightclick menu, such as open command prompt here, when I click on a folder. How should I archeive that? [ATTACH]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by bentam1, Jul 16, 2020.

1. bentam1 Win User

How to add an item in the rightclick menu

I want to add an item in the rightclick menu, such as open command prompt here, when I click on a folder. How should I archeive that?

How to add an item in the rightclick menu 25b7ae7f-4aa2-4b85-b711-978b973da94c?upload=true.gif

:)

bentam1, Jul 16, 2020
  2. dalchina Win User

How to Add Items to "Most Used" menu?

Hi,
    If you create a folder- call it, say '& My Favourites' - which should put it at the top of the list in the start menu- in
    C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu
    -and put whatever shortcuts you want in it, I would think you would get access to those easily.

1. Open explorer (Win key + E)
    2. Cut & paste C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu into the address bar
    3. Hit 'Return'
    4. rt click the pane and create a new folder.
    5. Rename it (e.g.) &Myfavourites
    (& makes sure it's at the top)
    6. Put whatever shortcuts you want into the folder.
    7. Close explorer.
    8. Open the Win 10 Start Menu and look for &Myfavourites

Someone else may have another suggestion for you. Good luck!

dalchina, Jul 16, 2020
  3. Add or Remove Items for All Apps in Start menu in Windows 10  

Hi, @Brink:

My caffeine titer is low, so I must be missing some blatant, basic step to add a shortcut to my account's All Apps list in the Start menu (Option1).
    The new process both for creating shortcuts and for adding/removing items to the Win10 start menu has me flummoxed.
    Your tutorials are always "topnotch", so this must be a cockpit error on my part.

>I would like to follow the suggestion on page 1 of the wushowhide.diagcab tutorial to add a shortcut in All Apps for my account.

I have d/l the wushowhide.diagcab and saved it to my downloads folder.
    I have done Step 1 on Page 1 of THIS tutorial to navigate to the Start Menu Programs folder.
    But HOW do I actually complete Step 3 to create a shortcut and then add it to the Start Menu "All Apps"??

I think I need to first somehow create a shortcut for the .cab file and then add it to All Apps in the start menu???

Please advise.

Thanks!
    MM

P.S. I have been postponing the probably inevitable installation of Class Shell.
    I would rather not have to install a 3rd-party program to be able to perform basic Windows tasks.
    But this new workflow in Win10 for a basic functionality might force me to do it.
    Sigh.

MoxieMomma, Jul 16, 2020
  4. Naki Win User

Feature suggestion: Add right-click menu

Suggestion: Please add a Windows 7 Jump-List and/or right-click menu to the GPU-Z icon in the Windows taskbar. Possible menus in it would be "Exit" and "About GPU-Z...".
    Maybe also "Switch to tab 1/Switch to tab 2/Switch to videocard 1/Switch to videocard 2" too.
    Examples of programs that have such menus are ICQ, Skype, AIM.

NOTE: It seems for a right-click menu, Windows 7 is not needed - it works on WinXP and Vista too.
    But even a Windows 7 Jump-list may be good enough.
    What do you think?

Thema:

1. How to add an item in the rightclick menu - Similar Threads - add item rightclick

2. Rightclick context menu bug on startup

in Windows 10 Support
    Rightclick context menu bug on startup: Im getting undo copy every bootup. Locating the file it does not exist and its dated more than a month ago. How to remove? [img] [img] 160045
  3. How do I add items to the start menu?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How do I add items to the start menu?: I've purchased a bunch of games from Good old Games, which puts the games in a folder called gog.com with each game in it's own folder. This is fine for Windows 7 and earlier, but the Windows 10 start menu combines all those subfolders into one big folder. There are a dozen...
  4. How to add Install CAB item to the Context Menu of Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    How to add Install CAB item to the Context Menu of Windows 10: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]CAB or Cabinet files are the packages mostly released by Microsoft and other OEMs as a source of offline installation of Windows Updates and even driver updates. But many users find it difficult to install CAB or Cabinet Files on [...] This post How to add...
  5. add items in menu Start

add items in menu Start: Hi to whom it may concern. I know how to insert one icon in Start Menu or in application bar but I don't know to insert VLC media reader icon in the list of Apps at left of Start Menu. Could you tell me how to do it? Thank you and Best Regards, Dario...
  6. How to add items to the EXTENDED send-to menu?

How to add items to the EXTENDED send-to menu?: So it seems the extended send-to menu actually shows LESS than the standard send-to menu. I'd like to make them mirror one another and with the way I have send-to currentlyh configured, the only item that shows up in the extended menu is mail and my iphone (if its...
  7. Help with adding items to Extended (shift+rightclick) "send to" menu

Help with adding items to Extended (shift+rightclick) "send to" menu: So ive been doing some pruning and sorting after what I hope is my final reformat until I build a new pc. Part of that was the send to menu. I have it with the entries I want, however the extended send-to is now EMPTY! lol. How can I get it to mirror what I have in the...
  8. Problems with boot menu, how to add and remove items?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Problems with boot menu, how to add and remove items?: Hi, I have only win10 installed, and one system drive. By accident I boot from win8 dvd, and now win8 appears in boot menu. I tried to remove it in msconfig, deleted and rebooted, but it reappears. Also I tried to add safemode options to boot menu, I followed tutorial...
  9. How do I add an item to the SEND TO context menu?

in Windows 10 Support
    How do I add an item to the SEND TO context menu?: Lets say I right-click a folder in Windows Explorer. I want to be able to Send To -> My_Program When I Send To, can I assume that the item clicked is sent in variable %1 ? 65257
  10. How to Add Items to "Most Used" menu?

in Windows 10 Support
    How to Add Items to "Most Used" menu?: Dear experts One of the benefits of Windows10 that returned back from Windows7 is the Recent Menus. Unfortunately, this feature is associated with the "Most Used" section in the Start Menu. As most users, I used Office application frequently, Word, Excel, PowerPoint,...