Windows 10: How to add another user to my PC?

Discus and support How to add another user to my PC? in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; Hi Roomies, I'm using Win 10 Pro and I'm trying to add another user to my laptop with a local account and I'm getting this error once I click add... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by ered, Sep 21, 2015.

1. ered Win User

How to add another user to my PC?

Hi Roomies,

I'm using Win 10 Pro and I'm trying to add another user to my laptop with a local account and I'm getting this error once I click add user.

How to add another user to my PC? [​IMG]

Thank you

:)

2. How do I add another user to my PC?

When I added the other user, their desktop just a couple of icons and nothing else.

RobertDennstaedt, Sep 21, 2015
  3. How do I add another user to my PC?

That is the expected behaviour-New account is similar to a new computer.

The shortcuts for their would be for the installed programs.

Can I know what behavior you were expecting?

Sumit Dhiman2, Sep 21, 2015
Thema:

How to add another user to my PC?

1. How to add another user to my PC? - Similar Threads - add another user

2. Add Bitlocked Drive To Another PC

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Add Bitlocked Drive To Another PC: My daughter's T460s ThinkPad will no longer boot that's a whole other story and I'm trying to recover her M.2 SSD C: drive that is locked with Bitlocker. I pulled the drive and mounted it in my PC. When I boot up, the drive is showing up as an unformatted drive.Is there any...
  3. How do I add my parent as a user on my pc?

How do I add my parent as a user on my pc?: I'm a child and I want to add my dad's account to my pc. The reason is because he owns game pass and I want to use it on my pc. But I can't seem to add him. It says he is already on the pc even though he is not. Can anybody help relate or help....
  4. How do I add my parent as a user on my pc?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I add my parent as a user on my pc?: I'm a child and I want to add my dad's account to my pc. The reason is because he owns game pass and I want to use it on my pc. But I can't seem to add him. It says he is already on the pc even though he is not. Can anybody help relate or help....
  5. Adding Another User to MY PC

in Windows 10 Customization
    Adding Another User to MY PC: I cannot add someone else as a user to my pc. When I click on the add another user icon a screen pops up and then disappears. Why can't I add a user to my PC? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/adding-another-user-to-my-pc/d2d23cf6-041d-467d-b93f-a90bc033aa0d
  6. Sharing a File with another user on my PC

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Sharing a File with another user on my PC: I have set up my PC on Windows Ten with Microsoft Office 07. I am the administrator and I have one other user who is not an administrator. I have a file that I want to share and I've followed the protocol for sharing using the Properties, Security, Adavaced route and...
  7. Removing my user from another PC

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Removing my user from another PC: Hello I wanted to share a folder on my hard drive from my PC, and I logged on with my credentials from the other PC in the network. Now the other PC can acces my files on my HDD, connect to me via Remote Desktop, and I dont want this The question is: How can I remove my...
  8. how to add another language to my pc

in Windows 10 Customization
    how to add another language to my pc: my laptop has only one language to use(English)… how to install another language to write with. thank you. * Moved from msn https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-add-another-language-to-my-pc/0dc5bd61-a8e9-496c-9a3c-b3999b72799b
  9. How do I add another user to my pc

How do I add another user to my pc: i want to create a new perfil for my brother how i can do it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/apps_windows_10-win_people/how-do-i-add-another-user-to-my-pc/8d816ddc-dceb-404b-a3da-83c270ec7015
  10. Cannot add another User profile..

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Cannot add another User profile..: I started a clean install yesterday and after today I am trying to install another user profile. I went to settings; Accounts; Family and other users; Add someone else to this PC; and all I get is "Something went wrong". Any ideas? 30055