Windows 10: How to add attributes to mp3 files (Title, Artist, Album)?

Discus and support How to add attributes to mp3 files (Title, Artist, Album)? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I have a lot of mp3 files that I burned onto CD years ago (approx. 2003) and the title and artist name does not show in all my music player programs.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/kernix, Sep 4, 2020.

1. /u/kernix Win User

How to add attributes to mp3 files (Title, Artist, Album)?

I have a lot of mp3 files that I burned onto CD years ago (approx. 2003) and the title and artist name does not show in all my music player programs. Specifically, Windows Media Player and my father's car radio. And for context, all the information does display for "regular" CDs as opposed to my burned files.

Does anyone know how to add title and artist attributes to the mp3 files? I thought that I could add the information manually by right-click > properties but there weren't options to add file data.

submitted by /u/kernix
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/kernix, Sep 4, 2020
  2. Steve C Win User

MP3 Album art work changing

I've just spent considerable time getting mp3 files to display artwork and other track details on my Mazda. Here is what I did:

1. Rip CDs in mp3 format in iTunes and import music folders / files obtained from other sources.
    2. Consolidate the music library in iTunes which generates the folder structure Artist / Album / Tracks
    3. Check for missing artwork. I did a Google search for album covers and saved artwork size c. 300x300 pixels then added the album art in iTunes.
    4. Use Tagscanner to check/edit the track details, artist, album art etc
    5. Use MP3Tag to check the tags are v2.3. Cut the tag then paste it back to set v2.3 if incorrect.
    6. Use MP3Test to quickly check and test for mp3 file errors
    7. Use MP3Diags to check and correct mp3 files in detail

What program are you using to create and play MP3 files?

Steve C, Sep 4, 2020
  3. AriT---01 Win User
    Music player requires title attribute for song name?

I ended up doing it by hand. That is, copy filename to "title" attribute. There are not so many of those files afterall.

Another interesting things that I've discovered during my "iPod => Lumia mp3 migration"

- if I've done my own mp3 albums, all mp3 files should have a same "album artist" value e.g. "various". Othervise, each mp3 with different album artist will appear as a separate album

- disconnect xbox music service. It obviously search for album names etc from xbox, but at least with my music collection it screws everything. It may e.g. divide one album in two parts, each part having different genre.

My favourite music player currenlty is "musicPlayer 8 free", since it allows selecting a genre, and then albums on that genre.

AriT---01, Sep 4, 2020
  4. Tomzmuda Win User

File Explorer Display Attributes

In Windows 10 file explorer you can display attributes for a file such as Name, #, Artist, Album etc. for example on an MP3 file.

But when I add an additional attribute to the display such as contributing artist or when I sort on an attribute such as Album when I exit out of that folder and go back into it I lose the additional attribute and the sort reverts back to what it was originally.

Is there a setting that needs to be set to keep the changes I make?

Thanks

Tom

Tomzmuda, Sep 4, 2020
Thema:

1. How to add attributes to mp3 files (Title, Artist, Album)? - Similar Threads - add attributes mp3

2. Album artist glitch

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Album artist glitch: Hello. So can you please tell me why back then, it loaded but now, it will not load? I've tried terminating and repairing the app, but it just didn't work. Thank you. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/album-artist-glitch/c4233cb9-7f01-439f-b07c-5d1a198c9944
  3. Album artist glitch

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Album artist glitch: Hello. So can you please tell me why back then, it loaded but now, it will not load? I've tried terminating and repairing the app, but it just didn't work. Thank you. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/album-artist-glitch/c4233cb9-7f01-439f-b07c-5d1a198c9944
  4. Unable to add Album art to some mp3 files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Unable to add Album art to some mp3 files: I am able to add Album cover art to most mp3 files using either Windows Media Player or the MP3TAG application. However all files in some folders just refuse to display the art. I test this by viewing large, medium, and small icons using file explorer. It has nothing to do...
  5. How can I add more attribute to the file

How can I add more attribute to the file: Hi, I have scanned documents as PDF file, and I want to add more attributes to its properties to fill them up, such as my Name, Id, phone, Email etc.. the purpose I want in the future make searching easier for me to find the files quickly Example Picture, it is great...
  6. How stop Windows showing title, artist, etc on media files?

How stop Windows showing title, artist, etc on media files?: Every time I open a folder that contains mostly media files, Windows decides I want to be told the title, artist, etc. of each one. But I do not. These are short WAV sentences to be analyzed linguistically. What I want to know about them is general information like Date...
  7. Song Titles, Artist, Album names in burned Playlist

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Song Titles, Artist, Album names in burned Playlist: I have an extensive music collection, but most listening is to playlists. I have tried to follow all hints, suggestions, and directions found (even purchased Uniconverter). Unfortunately, I have never been able to produce a Cd which will play on a car audio system and display...
  8. Song Titles, Artist, Album names in burned Playlist

in Windows 10 Support
    Song Titles, Artist, Album names in burned Playlist: I have an extensive music collection, but most listening is to playlists. I have tried to follow all hints, suggestions, and directions found (even purchased Uniconverter). Unfortunately, I have never been able to produce a Cd which will play on a car audio system and display...
  9. Make details pane include Contributing Artist, Album Artist, #, Album,

in Windows 10 Support
    Make details pane include Contributing Artist, Album Artist, #, Album,: The details pane used to include Contributing Artist, Album Artist, #, Album, as recently as yesterday. now it does not. how do I make it do so yet again? i got win10 and a asus vivobook if that is relevant 163922
  10. Groove Music Unknown Album/Artist Album Art

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Groove Music Unknown Album/Artist Album Art: Having this issue with Groove Music for a long time where it acquires a random album art from the music collection and assigns it to files without a specific Album or Artist name in its metadata. It's really annoying and I was wondering if anyone here knew how to fix it. I've...