Windows 10: How to add back Device which I had removed previously

Discus and support How to add back Device which I had removed previously in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi, I had somehow removed the laptop device from my microsoft account and I will like to add back the same laptop device again. I tried the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Joe_1902, Oct 17, 2019.

1. Joe_1902 Win User

How to add back Device which I had removed previously

Hi,

I had somehow removed the laptop device from my microsoft account and I will like to add back the same laptop device again. I tried the instruction in my microsoft account "add device" but it said "Sign in with a Microsoft account instead" but I can see it. Yes I login using my microsoft account in my laptop

:)

Joe_1902, Oct 17, 2019

2. Remove Devices

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that you are facing issues while removing the device from your Microsoft account as it keeps popping back after removing.

It could be possible that the device was using OneDrive with the same Microsoft account and that might be the reason you are able to see the device listed under your profile. I would suggest you to remove the device from OneDrive
    and see if that helps.

You can follow the steps to remove the device from OneDrive.

1. Login to
      https://onedrive.live.com
    2. Now on the left hand pane click on PC’s.
    3. Now click on the devices that are listed under PC’s and on the right hand side click on
      Remove PC.

If the issue persists, please get back to us with the results of the troubleshooting steps to assist you further.

Regards,

Prakhar Khare

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Prakhar_Khare, Oct 17, 2019
  3. Vesao Win User
    Remove account

I suggest you backup your personalized files first before removing the account.
    To delete an account, follow these steps:
    1. Press WIN + X keys and click Command Prompt (Admin) from the menu.
    2. Type the following command and press Enter. Replace test with the name of your sister's account. Code:
      Code:
      net user test /del

Vesao, Oct 17, 2019
  4. Novgorod Win User

Can't remove disconnected (ghost) network device

Thanks for the suggestion, but it can't remove the NIC:

How to add back Device which I had removed previously [​IMG]

It's the only Intel I219-V that shows up in the device list of the DeviceCleaner program (it shows only non-present devices as I understand). Otherwise, the tool works - I found a ghost replica of the integrated GPU (Intel HD 530) and could remove it. Only the NIC gives this error message on removal, which is probably the reason I can't remove it the normal way through the device manager.

Novgorod, Oct 17, 2019
Thema:

1. How to add back Device which I had removed previously - Similar Threads - add Device removed

2. I had 2 devices and i removed the wrong device, how do i change that

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    I had 2 devices and i removed the wrong device, how do i change that: I had 2 devices and I removed the wrong one how can I reverse that and remove the one that I don't have https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-had-2-devices-and-i-removed-the-wrong-device-how/b165c71d-70d4-4d6d-b3ee-c4b687047cd7
  3. remove previous owners account from device

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    remove previous owners account from device: hi community i purchased my second-hand laptop from a friend of a friend and i no longer have and cannot presently contact with the seller. I am trying to add my Microsoft account to the device but unfortunately the account belonging to the previous owner is still present....
  4. How do I go back to a previous version of Windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How do I go back to a previous version of Windows 10: After the latest Windows 10 update my audio across the board has been muffled and distorted, this includes video games, surfing the internet, and various applications I use for video editing like Davinci Resolve. The most common solution I've found on various forums is the...
  5. I accidentally removed the cloud folder on the add/remove programs page. How do i get it back?

I accidentally removed the cloud folder on the add/remove programs page. How do i get it back?: Can someone please help? I was looking for a program I needed to remove from my programs list but I hit the cloud instead. Is there anyway to get it back?...
  6. how do I roll back to a previous version of win 10

how do I roll back to a previous version of win 10: how do I roll back to a previous version of win 10? I think an update messed up one of my programs https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-roll-back-to-a-previous-version-of-win-10/6f8c8283-91bb-45ea-bc85-027a92a23163
  7. how to remove add ons

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    how to remove add ons: how to remove add ons https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/how-to-remove-add-ons/0e9aab37-bf7f-40a7-845b-4869605b6ee3
  8. Remove a PC from accounts Microsoft device, can you easily add it back

Remove a PC from accounts Microsoft device, can you easily add it back: I am talking about devices that are activated with a digital license linked to your account. If you remove it from the web site where it is listed under your account, and then go to add it back in to your account, does it just reactivate on your account without having keys or...
  9. How to add a playback device

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How to add a playback device: I am trying to use headphones, but my computer (Asus, Windows 10 pro) won't recognize them. I now need to add headphones as a playback device but there doesn't seem to be an option for that. Any advice would be greatly appreciated....
  10. Go back to previous

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Go back to previous: After recent Ten updates, this Toshiba Satellite M645 S 4070 is out of order. 1. wireless is unable to turn on. 2. touchpad and pointer stopped working. 3. unable to go to BIOS menu. they were working before the updates. After I reset Ten to previous version from...