Windows 10: How to add back Device which I had removed previously

Discus and support How to add back Device which I had removed previously in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi, I had somehow removed the laptop device from my microsoft account and I will like to add back the same laptop device again. I tried the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Joe_1902, Oct 17, 2019.

1. Joe_1902 Win User

How to add back Device which I had removed previously

Hi,

I had somehow removed the laptop device from my microsoft account and I will like to add back the same laptop device again. I tried the instruction in my microsoft account "add device" but it said "Sign in with a Microsoft account instead" but I can see it. Yes I login using my microsoft account in my laptop

:)

Joe_1902, Oct 17, 2019

2. Remove Devices

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that you are facing issues while removing the device from your Microsoft account as it keeps popping back after removing.

It could be possible that the device was using OneDrive with the same Microsoft account and that might be the reason you are able to see the device listed under your profile. I would suggest you to remove the device from OneDrive
    and see if that helps.

You can follow the steps to remove the device from OneDrive.

1. Login to
      https://onedrive.live.com
    2. Now on the left hand pane click on PC’s.
    3. Now click on the devices that are listed under PC’s and on the right hand side click on
      Remove PC.

If the issue persists, please get back to us with the results of the troubleshooting steps to assist you further.

Regards,

Prakhar Khare

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Prakhar_Khare, Oct 17, 2019
  3. Vesao Win User
    Remove account

I suggest you backup your personalized files first before removing the account.
    To delete an account, follow these steps:
    1. Press WIN + X keys and click Command Prompt (Admin) from the menu.
    2. Type the following command and press Enter. Replace test with the name of your sister's account. Code:
      Code:
      net user test /del

Vesao, Oct 17, 2019
  4. Novgorod Win User

Can't remove disconnected (ghost) network device

Thanks for the suggestion, but it can't remove the NIC:

How to add back Device which I had removed previously [​IMG]

It's the only Intel I219-V that shows up in the device list of the DeviceCleaner program (it shows only non-present devices as I understand). Otherwise, the tool works - I found a ghost replica of the integrated GPU (Intel HD 530) and could remove it. Only the NIC gives this error message on removal, which is probably the reason I can't remove it the normal way through the device manager.

Novgorod, Oct 17, 2019
Thema:

1. How to add back Device which I had removed previously - Similar Threads - add Device removed

2. Add an Email account logon back that previously had its folder structure removed as damaged.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Add an Email account logon back that previously had its folder structure removed as damaged.: I have several Win 11 pro computers in a 'workgroup'. No domain or server logon.These computers are doing the same work but using alternate attached mfr. hardware that are similar in use.Normally only a couple are online together. No issues.Initially each of the computers...
  3. Add an Email account logon back that previously had its folder structure removed as damaged.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Add an Email account logon back that previously had its folder structure removed as damaged.: I have several Win 11 pro computers in a 'workgroup'. No domain or server logon.These computers are doing the same work but using alternate attached mfr. hardware that are similar in use.Normally only a couple are online together. No issues.Initially each of the computers...
  4. I had a Neutron I-on computer which previous windows was windows 7 home Edition, I...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I had a Neutron I-on computer which previous windows was windows 7 home Edition, I...: I had Windows 7 Home edition on my computer with sound but whe I upgraded with windows 10 the sound lost pls advise what should I do I have tried all the methods but not still working...
  5. I had a Neutron I-on computer which previous windows was windows 7 home Edition, I...

I had a Neutron I-on computer which previous windows was windows 7 home Edition, I...: I had Windows 7 Home edition on my computer with sound but whe I upgraded with windows 10 the sound lost pls advise what should I do I have tried all the methods but not still working...
  6. how do i add a device back

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how do i add a device back: I removed a device from bluetooth to reset the device but when i tried to pair it back it doesn't show anymore. I've tried fro a whole day now. Please help. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-add-a-device-back/45c9cba5-0b7b-45c0-a010-3f0834d94280
  7. how do i add a device back

how do i add a device back: I removed a device from bluetooth to reset the device but when i tried to pair it back it doesn't show anymore. I've tried fro a whole day now. Please help. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-add-a-device-back/45c9cba5-0b7b-45c0-a010-3f0834d94280
  8. how do i add a device back

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  9. Reinstalled Windows 7 Using DVD. Previously had Windows 10 on device. How Do I Upgrade Back...

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Reinstalled Windows 7 Using DVD. Previously had Windows 10 on device. How Do I Upgrade Back...: So I was grandfathered in through the free Windows 10 upgrade from Windows 7 and took the free upgrade a few years ago. I had to reinstall through my original Windows 7 disk because of BSODs after the login screen. Is there any way for me to upgrade that device from Windows...
  10. I had 2 devices and i removed the wrong device, how do i change that

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    I had 2 devices and i removed the wrong device, how do i change that: I had 2 devices and I removed the wrong one how can I reverse that and remove the one that I don't have https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-had-2-devices-and-i-removed-the-wrong-device-how/b165c71d-70d4-4d6d-b3ee-c4b687047cd7