Windows 10: How to add " Close CD-station" in the contextmenu ?

Discus and support How to add " Close CD-station" in the contextmenu ? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; We can open our CD-station with the rightclick menu .( win10-1809 RS5) It would be very nice if we can close it with the contextmenu also. Any idea or... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by pietcorus2, Feb 14, 2019.

1. How to add " Close CD-station" in the contextmenu ?

We can open our CD-station with the rightclick menu .( win10-1809 RS5)
    It would be very nice if we can close it with the contextmenu also.
    Any idea or solution......??

:)

pietcorus2, Feb 14, 2019
  2. newtekie1 Win User

CD drive error

1) Close all open programs
    2) Click on Start, Run, and type REGEDIT and press Enter
    3) Click on the plus signs (+) next to the following folders

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE
    SYSTEM
    CurrentControlSet
    Control
    Class
    {4D36E965-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}
    4) This folder is the DVD/CD-ROM Drive Class Description in the registry. Look for any of the following names in the right hand column.

UpperFilters
    LowerFilters
    UpperFilters.bak
    LowerFilters.bak
    5) If any of the above keys shown in step 4 are listed, right-click on them and choose Delete
    6) After deleting the keys, close the Registry Editor
    7) Reboot your computer
    8) Open My Computer and check to see if your CD or DVD drives have returned. You may also want to open Device Manager and verify that the yellow exclamation and error code on the CD or DVD drive is gone.

And it likely has something to do with the emulated drive you have listed there.

newtekie1, Feb 14, 2019
  3. Toshiba DVD/CD not wking in windows10. Getting 'SMIPlayer is running on another user, please close first'.

Toshiba DVD/CD not wking in windows10, followed suggestions- deleted recovery media center, didn't have disc creator, restart. Device mgr & uninstalled dvd/cd & rest,art. Getting 'SMIPlayer is running on another user, please close first'. Suggestions?
    I'm a new learner, but, teachable, step by step is best if you have ideas- thanks!

ninanygard, Feb 14, 2019
  4. jackin Win User

How to add " Close CD-station" in the contextmenu ?

I cannot connect to home Wi-Fi off the docking station but not on docking station.

1. I cannot connect to home Wi-Fi off the docking station but not on docking station.
    2. When i'm on docking station system says i'm connected to home Wi-Fi, but when i browse says not connected.
    3. Other devices connected to home Wi-Fi has no issue.
    4. What steps can i take to resolve the issue other than updating Wi-Fi adapter driver?

jackin, Feb 14, 2019
Thema:

How to add " Close CD-station" in the contextmenu ?

1. How to add " Close CD-station" in the contextmenu ? - Similar Threads - add Close station

2. How to add a sound when closing a program

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to add a sound when closing a program: I wanted to add a sound for whenever I close a program e.g. browser for windows 10 so I downloaded a wav. file for this but when I apply it in system sounds it doesn't play when I click test, nor when closing a program. How can I successfully make the sound work for this...
  3. Add cd rom

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Add cd rom: Hi, I don't have a cd on my laptop so bought external but laptop doesn't seem to recognise it can you help please https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/add-cd-rom/acff4828-376b-4159-b34d-5e43622c67c1
  4. DVD/CD station

DVD/CD station: Laptop windows 10 DVD/CD station wordt niet meer herkent door windows. Staat nog wel vermeld in apparaat beheer als correct werkende station. hier apparaat verwijderen en PC opnieuw opstarten helpt niet....
  5. how do I add a docking station to my toshiba laptop

how do I add a docking station to my toshiba laptop: how do i add a toshiba docking station to my laptop https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-add-a-docking-station-to-my-toshiba/f21f22bd-9a5c-4042-8071-abfd31e2bf32
  6. Edge-icon missing in contextmenu

in Windows 10 Support
    Edge-icon missing in contextmenu: Some time ago I suddenly noticed my Edge-icon missing in the contextmenu , now Im in latest Win10 and its still not fixed . Its showing a white field and no Edge-icon , it does open the pdf-file in all the three options , in Edge it opens also . HOW (?) to get this Edge (...
  7. Add a contextmenu to explorer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Add a contextmenu to explorer: Hi, I added a submenu to the explorer unfortunately not all the items are visible. Is there a way to show more items than 16 incl all subitems? I was working with ExtendedSubCommandsKey. I really mean menutems and not fileitems. jan...
  8. backup your contextmenu

in Windows 10 Support
    backup your contextmenu: After every upgrade , I have to manage my contextmenu again , some items appear/dissappear , sometimes it takes a lot of time to re-organize the contextmenu the way it was , the way I want it to look............ So , Im looking for a program ( portable ?) which can make an...
  9. Windows Media Player in contextmenu

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows Media Player in contextmenu: It would be very nice if we can get Windows Media Player into the right-clickmenu for jpg, bmp, tiff, png and gif files . I have done this already for all kinds of video/music-files . I still did not succeeded for these picture/photo-files . Any help would be very...
  10. How to add " Close CD-station" in the contextmenu ?

in Windows 10 Support
    How to add " Close CD-station" in the contextmenu ?: We can open our CD-station with the rightclick menu .( win10-1809 RS5) It would be very nice if we can close it with the contextmenu also. Any idea or solution......?? 127214