Windows 10: How To Add Color To Hidden Notification Area

Discus and support How To Add Color To Hidden Notification Area in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; That rectangle of hidden icons in the notification area...It is white and hard to see some icons. I would like to make that area a bit darker to see... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Vanessalf, Apr 10, 2021.

1. Vanessalf Win User

How To Add Color To Hidden Notification Area

That rectangle of hidden icons in the notification area...It is white and hard to see some icons.
    I would like to make that area a bit darker to see the icons more easily.
    Anyone know why it's white and how to change it?

Any advice will be appreciated.

:)

Vanessalf, Apr 10, 2021
  2. Hans L Win User

Startup and Notification area

R]I ran this batch file, but it did not help (which I understand, because Task Manager > Processes does NOT show WinDates).

I am back to the conclusion that Win 10 can run WinDates manually, but not automatically at startup (via link). If I double-click on the link C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Startup\WinDates.lnk, WinDates opens fine.

My next step will be to run a scan of system files to see if something is corrupt. However, any other suggestions are welcome.

Hans L, Apr 10, 2021
  3. ms1406 Win User
    Missing Notification area Icon in Windows 10 control Panel

thanks , but you did not understand the problem.

I have since found the solution wlsewhere:

To add a hidden icon to the notification area

• Click the arrow next to the notification area, and then drag the icon you want to move to the notification area. You can drag as many hidden icons to the notification area as you want.

To
    always show all icons on the taskbar

• Right-click an empty area on the taskbar, and then click Properties.

• Under Notification area, click Customize.

• Select the Always show all icons and notifications on the taskbar check box, and then click
      OK.

ms1406, Apr 10, 2021
  4. How To Add Color To Hidden Notification Area

notification area on all display

Hi,

To resolve your concern regarding notification area, we suggest that you follow the steps below:

• Right click Taskbar.
    • Select Properties.
    • Untick Show taskbar on all displays; then, Apply.
    • Drag the remaining primary monitor taskbar to the screen you want.
    • Tick Show taskbar on all displays.

We appreciate it if you could get back to us and provide us your feedback.

Michael Gall, Apr 10, 2021
Thema:

How To Add Color To Hidden Notification Area

1. How To Add Color To Hidden Notification Area - Similar Threads - Add Color Hidden

2. How do I add my own app to a hidden icon in the notification area?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I add my own app to a hidden icon in the notification area?: When I run the specific exe file, I want to display the icon in the notification area instead of the taskbar. Try not to install other programs as much as possible....
  3. How do I add my own app to a hidden icon in the notification area?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I add my own app to a hidden icon in the notification area?: When I run the specific exe file, I want to display the icon in the notification area instead of the taskbar. Try not to install other programs as much as possible....
  4. Notification Area

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Notification Area: How Do You Unlock The Icons In The Notification Area So Can Display Them On The Taskbar ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/notification-area/57fbfb99-1aec-4126-873e-3c9205e1adf4
  5. Notification Area

in Windows 10 Customization
    Notification Area: How Do You Unlock The Icons In The Notification Area So Can Display Them On The Taskbar ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/notification-area/57fbfb99-1aec-4126-873e-3c9205e1adf4
  6. Win 10 Notification area missing arrow for hidden icons

in Windows 10 Support
    Win 10 Notification area missing arrow for hidden icons: I looked at some "search answers" here in your forum but could not. I can't find anything on my Version of Win 10 which is 10.0.19042 (build 19402) for fixing this issue. And I have no idea why it disappeared, and why the Audio Control icon appeared. The only icons I have...
  7. How To Customize Notifications Area

How To Customize Notifications Area: I am running Windows 10 Home. And here is what I want to try and do. I want to receive only notifications from select "People" that are pinned from my "People" app. Or receive only notifications from select email address from "Mail". I don't even know if I can even...
  8. Notification Area Background Color

Notification Area Background Color: Had a major Windows10 update yesterday took more than 1 hr. and I was able to fix all of my personalizations except the background color on the icons at the bottom right of the screen. Hovering the mouse over that area I can see the pop up window identifying each icon but the...
  9. Notification Area

in Windows 10 Support
    Notification Area: Hi, Having more icons showing in notification area bug are still there and will disrupt the layout of the notification area and show white scroll bars with arrows but in another way and this is random one and just blinking not standing. Any one else having this issue...
  10. Add or Remove Notification Area on Taskbar in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Add or Remove Notification Area on Taskbar in Windows 10: How to: Add or Remove Notification Area on Taskbar in Windows 10 How to Add or Remove Notification Area on Taskbar in Windows 10 The notification area (aka: "system tray") is located at the far right end of the taskbar just to the left of the system clock and includes...