Windows 10: how to add custom shortcut keys to context menu?

Discus and support how to add custom shortcut keys to context menu? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; examples, window's copy and paste. right click a folder/file and press c or press v, it'll copy or paste. how do I set up custom shortcut keys to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by m18xr2, May 26, 2020.

1. m18xr2 Win User

how to add custom shortcut keys to context menu?

examples, window's copy and paste. right click a folder/file and press c or press v, it'll copy or paste.

how do I set up custom shortcut keys to other context menu functions of 3rd party program?

:)

m18xr2, May 26, 2020

2. Custom context menu entries

So, just throwing this out there, in case somone knows.

I have added a custom context menu entry for the program rightload, since by default the menu is broken in vistax64.

It works pefect with single files, but when I select mutiple files and try to open, I get mutiple instances of the program (which makes sense), here is my entry:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Rightload\Rightload.exe --server=1 --autostart %1

So the %1 passes the filename to the program, and when I select multiple files it is just opening multiple instances of rightload each with a different file.

What I'd like to do is be able to pass a list of the files selected to the program. Since I know it is capable of uploading multiple files from the context menu, all in one instance.

So, is there something I can pass besides %1 that will do this? I have looked around and can't seem to find an answer anywhere... *Frown how to add custom shortcut keys to context menu? :(

ArmoredCavalry, May 26, 2020
  3. m18xr2 Win User

examples, window's copy and paste. right click a folder/file and press c or press v, it'll copy or paste.

how do I set up custom shortcut keys to other context menu functions of 3rd party program?

m18xr2, May 26, 2020
  4. WaterCat Win User

Context menu "Properties" uses "o" shortcut instead of "r"

One of our Win10 laptops has a context menu with "Properties" that uses shortcut key "r". The other uses key "o" which conflicts with "open". I have no idea how it got corrupted. Suggested locations in the registry for context menu doesn't list it. Software tools work on old windows or only delete/disable context menu items.
    How can I fix this?

WaterCat, May 26, 2020
Thema:

1. how to add custom shortcut keys to context menu? - Similar Threads - add custom shortcut

2. How to move "Paste Shortcut" to main Context Menu?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to move "Paste Shortcut" to main Context Menu?: Hi All,So it appears many people don't like the new windows 11 Context Menu. I love it. The only thing is the "Paste Shortcut" option is buried in the second tier. So I have to right-click on location > Go to Show More Options shift-F10 > Select Paste Shortcut.I know it is a...
  3. How to add a custom shortcut / context menu for all video files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to add a custom shortcut / context menu for all video files: According to https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/win32/shell/app-registration#registering-a-perceived-type, this can be done by adding the below registry entries...HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT SystemFileAssociations video shell openApp1...
  4. Customize File Explorer context menu?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Customize File Explorer context menu?: I tried searching the tutorials but came up empty . . . Is it possible to customize the file explorer context menu to remove items you don't want to appear on the menu? The "context" in this case is the menu that appears when you click on a .txt file, an image file or a...
  5. How do I turn on context menu shortcuts?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How do I turn on context menu shortcuts?: For example, when you want to rename a file, you can right click on it, then press "m" on your keyboard to rename that file because "m" is the shortcut for rename when the context menu is open, as signified by the underlined "' on the "rename" option. However, it's not...
  6. How to add Restart Start Menu to Context Menu on Desktop

in Windows 10 News
    How to add Restart Start Menu to Context Menu on Desktop: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]Windows 10 v1903 Update introduced several new features and enhancements. One of the under the hood changes is the separation of the Start Menu from the Explorer process. It is now an independent process. This process can be seen in [...] This post How to...
  7. How to add Settings to context menu with icon

in Windows 10 Support
    How to add Settings to context menu with icon: I found a video on how to add "Settings" to my context menu. It also explained how to add an icon to "Settings" which is the same operation. I now have "Settings" on my context menu but I have tried over and over to add an icon and it isn't working. But I can't seem to add...
  8. how to add seperator to context menu?

how to add seperator to context menu?: Hi, im modifying some of the context menu items in personalize (classic) how do you add a seperator in the context menu? 112699
  9. Create Shortcut on context menu

Create Shortcut on context menu: Is there a way to take "Desktop - Create Shortcut" from the send to menu and put it on the top menu? 96298
  10. ''Customize this Folder'' context menu

''Customize this Folder'' context menu: Hi, Is there a wizard around that can give me a .reg file to remove ''Customize this Folder'' from the context menu? [img] ''Customize this Folder'' context menu : techsupport 34546