Windows 10: How to add Custom windows startup sound?

Discus and support How to add Custom windows startup sound? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I did the reg edit for logoff logon and exit and set the exclude to 0 for all 3. I went into my sound settings and set Windows 95 as the noise for... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Ti10, Oct 16, 2020.

1. Ti10 Win User

How to add Custom windows startup sound?

I did the reg edit for logoff logon and exit and set the exclude to 0 for all 3. I went into my sound settings and set Windows 95 as the noise for logon logoff and clicked apply and checked Window's startup soundbox. did the power button thing to see if that would fix the no windows 95 sound showing up after a restart, logoff, logon. Yes, the sound file is .WAV yet it still does a standard windows sound effect for startup.

:)

2. Windows Startup Sound

Hi Peck,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

As per the previous posts I understand that you are referring to Startup sounds in Windows 10.

If so, I suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.

Make sure that your device speakers are working fine before performing the troubleshooting steps.

• Right click on the Volume icon on the Task bar.

• Select Sounds option from the list.

• Select Sounds tab.

• Check mark on Play Windows Startup sound option.

• Under Program Events: click on any option and under Sounds: select Windows Startup from the list.

• Click on Browser button and select a
      Sound

• Try to restart the computer and check if it helps.

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of this issue, we will be happy to help you further.

Deepika Gowda, Oct 16, 2020
  3. Avedis53 Win User
    Can't get GPU-Z to start with Windows 8.1 startup

I'm not sure how to do that. Could you list the steps for a noob?

Avedis53, Oct 16, 2020
  4. How to add Custom windows startup sound?

Windows 10 Startup Sound

Hi,

Thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

I suggest you to follow the steps below to set sounds:

• Right click on the Sound icon from the System Tray and click on Sounds.
    • Browse for the sound and click on apply and Ok.
    Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Giridhar J, Oct 16, 2020
Thema:

How to add Custom windows startup sound?

1. How to add Custom windows startup sound? - Similar Threads - add Custom startup

2. How to add Custom Libraries to windows

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to add Custom Libraries to windows: I have an old PC that I wish to use as a smart home server, however I am having a problem Streaming Content from the Hard Drives Internally Plugged into the Machine on the TV's in our house, so far it can only read data in the libraries on the C Drive Which Only Contains Some...
  3. How to add Custom Libraries to windows

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to add Custom Libraries to windows: I have an old PC that I wish to use as a smart home server, however I am having a problem Streaming Content from the Hard Drives Internally Plugged into the Machine on the TV's in our house, so far it can only read data in the libraries on the C Drive Which Only Contains Some...
  4. How to add Custom Libraries to windows

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. How can I apply my own custom startup sound?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How can I apply my own custom startup sound?: The startup sound (originally from 7 and Vista) is nice. But I would like to personalize it with my own startup sound. Any way to achieve this? submitted by /u/WackyH [link] [comments]...
  6. Customize Startup Sound

in Windows 10 Customization
    Customize Startup Sound: Hi, It would be cool if you were able to customize your startup sound. All the way back to v. 3.1. Can include any, but I will give a list of ones I think should be included. 3.1 95 4.0 5.0 98 2000/Me Whistler/XP Server 2003 Longhorn Vista/7 8/8.1 10 Cool if...
  7. Any way to add a custom Log-in/Sign-in sound? (Not startup sound)

Any way to add a custom Log-in/Sign-in sound? (Not startup sound): Like after typing in your PIN/Password. Been trying to help my brother do it but nothing seems to work. https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/94884-how-play-sound-logon-sign-windows-10-a.html I've tried this out, didn't work. I've tried manually adding the task. I've tried...
  8. How to make a custom startup sound?

How to make a custom startup sound?: So after 4 hours, trying the "sounds" way, trying the "create a task" way I get nothing at all. And when I do the "sounds way" and enable windows startup sound I get the windows 8 sound no matter how much I change it submitted by /u/WesternRollsRoyce [link] [comments]...
  9. I want to add a custom startup sound for my laptop

I want to add a custom startup sound for my laptop: Instead of the regular startup sound I want it to play a sound that I downloaded. I also want to do this with other sounds like the low battery and shut off sound. submitted by /u/FlauntyPack56 [link] [comments]...
  10. Custom Startup Sound Plays on "RESTART" but not "STARTUP"

in Windows 10 Customization
    Custom Startup Sound Plays on "RESTART" but not "STARTUP": Most mysterious: I've tried everything I know, but the personal startup sound (.wav) I want (to complement my personalized LockScreen) shows as the selected WindowsLogon sound on the select screen, and plays when [>TEST] button pressed. The "Play Windows Startup sound" is...