Windows 10: How to add desktop submission to start menu applications

Discus and support How to add desktop submission to start menu applications in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; hello How to add desktop submission to start menu applications? win 10 20h2 168159 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Raeeka, Nov 11, 2020.

1. Raeeka Win User

How to add desktop submission to start menu applications

hello
    How to add desktop submission to start menu applications?
    win 10 20h2

:)

Raeeka, Nov 11, 2020
  2. Bree Win User

No recent document for applications on start menu

These list of recent files are called Jump Lists. Windows 10 still has them, but now you get them by right-clicking on the application on the Start menu (or on an application pinned to the taskbar).

If you can't see a jump list this way, check that 'Show recently opened items in Jump Lists on Start or the taskbar' is turned on in:
    Settings > Personalise > Start

NB: Be careful with this setting. The way to clear all Jump Lists is turn this setting off then back on again.

3. Start menu search not finding applications?

Do you have "All apps" listed after you click on the start button ?

How to add desktop submission to start menu applications [​IMG]

Then a list of apps ?

How to add desktop submission to start menu applications [​IMG]

COMPUTIAC Guest, Nov 11, 2020
  4. Yvonne Win User

Applications still showing on Start menu after powershell deletion

Hi,

I've used powershell to remove some apps (like Xbox games).

On one account, it cleaned up the start menu just fine.

Second account, they were showing on the start menu, so I ran powershell again and verified everything was gone that I wanted, but Xbox is still showing on the menu list. *Not* as a tile, but in the "All Apps" list. I have also tried looking at the Start Menu in File Explorer for that User and can not see the App listed.

Suggestions?

Thanks,

Yvonne, Nov 11, 2020
Thema:

1. How to add desktop submission to start menu applications - Similar Threads - add desktop submission

2. How to add a program to the start menu?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to add a program to the start menu?: I'm trying to configure the Windows 11 start menu to work the way I want. I found these instructions for adding a program to the menu:1. Click the Start button on the task bar.2. Click All Apps.3. Right click the app I want to add. Windows opens a context menu which, in the...
  3. How to add a program to the start menu?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to add a program to the start menu?: I'm trying to configure the Windows 11 start menu to work the way I want. I found these instructions for adding a program to the menu:1. Click the Start button on the task bar.2. Click All Apps.3. Right click the app I want to add. Windows opens a context menu which, in the...
  4. Add Start Menu apps to desktop folders

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Add Start Menu apps to desktop folders: New computer, first time using Windows 11 Pro. I want to know how to add apps from the Start Menu to folders on the desktop. Example: I've downloaded several games and photo editing programs. I don't want to scroll through all apps in the Start Menu to find them. I want to...
  5. Add Start Menu apps to desktop folders

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Add Start Menu apps to desktop folders: New computer, first time using Windows 11 Pro. I want to know how to add apps from the Start Menu to folders on the desktop. Example: I've downloaded several games and photo editing programs. I don't want to scroll through all apps in the Start Menu to find them. I want to...
  6. Add application to Start menu, but not tiles

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Add application to Start menu, but not tiles: [ATTACH] When you pin an application to the start menu, it also adds the application to the tiles. Like in the picture below https://preview.redd.it/ia2zh6rdk2d61.png?width=1366&format=png&auto=webp&s=026fb361d127c160bb479a84f7a6f4f04d60bb55 But I don't like tiles, so...
  7. how to add sysinternalssuite to win10 start menu

in Windows 10 Customization
    how to add sysinternalssuite to win10 start menu: Since I first upgraded from Windows 98SE to XP, I've been installing the Sysinternals Suite to the Administrative Tools folder for all users. Of course, most of them can't be used without the admin password, but it's easier than separating out only the ones that another...
  8. How to add Restart Start Menu to Context Menu on Desktop

in Windows 10 News
    How to add Restart Start Menu to Context Menu on Desktop: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]Windows 10 v1903 Update introduced several new features and enhancements. One of the under the hood changes is the separation of the Start Menu from the Explorer process. It is now an independent process. This process can be seen in [...] This post How to...
  9. Add Restart Start Menu to Desktop Context Menu in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Add Restart Start Menu to Desktop Context Menu in Windows 10: How to: Add Restart Start Menu to Desktop Context Menu in Windows 10 How to Add Restart Start Menu to Desktop Context Menu in Windows 10 The Start menu contains shortcuts of all your apps, settings, and files. Starting with Windows 10 build 18317, Microsoft separated...
  10. How to add Run to Start Menu

in Windows 10 Support
    How to add Run to Start Menu: Normally Winkey+R will open the run box but not when you are running in a VM under Oracle, so ... how do I add Run to the Win 10 Start Menu? Edit: Found that right click on Start Menu brings up dialog that Run is in. 2274