Windows 10: How to add device to "Choose your output device"?

Discus and support How to add device to "Choose your output device"? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I'm running Windows 10 20H2 on a couple of refurbished computers, a Dell laptop and a Lenovo PC, connected together on a cabled network. I use Windows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Clueless in Seattle Redux, Apr 9, 2021.

1. How to add device to "Choose your output device"?

I'm running Windows 10 20H2 on a couple of refurbished computers, a Dell laptop and a Lenovo PC, connected together on a cabled network. I use Windows Remote Desktop to access the laptop from my PC.

I store my music files on the laptop. I have a stereo connector cable running from the headphone jack on the laptop to the input jacks on a stereo receiver with two medium sized speakers. This set-up works fine for playing music as long as I'm working from my laptop.

When I'm working at my PC, I'd like to be able to access the laptop via Windows Remote Desktop and be able to play MP3 files stored on the laptop through the speakers that are connected to the laptop. But when I try this, the music comes out of the tiny dare I say "tinny"? internal speaker in the PC under my desk.

I looked in Windows' settings, and found that when I'm accessing the laptop from the PC, the "Output" setting has been peremptorily changed from "Speakers" to "Remote Audio." And the down-arrow in that field is unresponsive, so I'm unable to change the output.

[I tried to insert a screenshot here, but the "Upload" button was blocked by one of those little red circles with a diagonal red slash through it]

I'd be grateful if someone could help me figure out how to enable that down arrow next to "Remote Audio" so that I can select "Speakers."

Will in Seattle

a.k.a. "Clueless"

:)

Clueless in Seattle Redux, Apr 9, 2021
  2. ShogoXT Win User

Vista sound output to two devices

Ive tried to search this up, but so far I haven't found good results.

I have a Sound Blaster X-fi PCI-E and the Radeon 4890 HDMI audio for outputs.
    I have them both working separately on the audio devices list on Vista Home Premium.
    I FINALLY got screen cloning to work in games, but audio will only output to one or the other.
    This depends on what I have set to default.

Is there anyway to get Vista to output all audio to BOTH devices?

Thanks in advance.

ShogoXT, Apr 9, 2021
  3. No Audio Output Device is Installed

Hi,

You will need to select Windows 8 from the drop down list while installing the driver in compatibility mode.

I would suggest you to try setting the speaker as default audio output by following the steps below and check if it helps.

1. Right click on the sound icon on the right bottom corner of the taskbar.

2. Select "playback devices".

3. If "speaker" is not set as the default device, highlight it and click "set as default".

5. Save the changes.

Let us know the result.

Wungraileng Vashi, Apr 9, 2021
  4. netter Win User

How to add device to "Choose your output device"?

No audio output device

Hello!
    I have a common problem: my Windows 10 has No Audio Output Device.
    System configuration:
    • Lenovo Legion Y520-15IKBN (laptop)
    • Windows 10 Pro, version 1909, build 18363.535;
    • Current updates;
    Device manager shows these audio devices:
    • High Definition Audio Device (driver version 10.0.18362.356)
    • Intel Display Audio (10.27.0.6)
    • ASUS Xonar U3 (10.0.8.2164)
    i.e. the problem persists even with an external (USB) audio device, recognized by the system.

I performed a sanity check on this issue. Sound works when I boot into Ubuntu live. Therefore, it is not a hardware problem, and is indeed a Windows problem.

Solutions that have not worked so far:
    1. Audio troubleshooter (issues found: check audio device, nothing else)
    2. Rolling back drivers
    3. Uninstalling audio devices
    4. Uninstalling any audio-related devices, incl. the likes of bluetooth speakers
    5. Updating audio drivers (from both built-in drivers and from manufacturer's site)
    6. Installing a generic audio device (installing a generic USB audio device does not succeed, and installing a generic Realtek device resulted in a BSOD)

Do you have any ideas for fixing this?

netter, Apr 9, 2021
Thema:

How to add device to "Choose your output device"?

1. How to add device to "Choose your output device"? - Similar Threads - add device Choose

2. STUCK IN “CHOOSE PRIVACY SETTINGS FOR YOUR DEVICE”

in Windows 10 Customization
    STUCK IN “CHOOSE PRIVACY SETTINGS FOR YOUR DEVICE”: the same cycle and keep comping no option to get rid of it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/stuck-in-choose-privacy-settings-for-your-device/d7191a01-7d92-4368-bb4e-063b0a0d7fd8
  3. How to choose "Headset" as Output Device in Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to choose "Headset" as Output Device in Windows 10?: In "Manage Sound Devices" I have three Audio options, "Headphones", "Headset", and "Speaker". The latter is my Desktop speaker. The former two are different options for my Bluetooth headphones. "Headphones" treats my headphones like, well, headphones. And "Headset"...
  4. add device

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    add device: I have been trying to add wireless printers on same net as computer as well as a MicrosoftDiplayAdapter to two different computers with windows 10, neither as bluetooth or miracast. The wireless printers indicated wireless on but not discovered by add device or connect by...
  5. output device

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    output device: WHERE IS MY OUTPUT DEVICE ON MY HARDDRIVE COMPUTER? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/output-device/586d6175-7be3-49e9-98ae-b95c0de390c1
  6. output device

output device: all of sudden my output device is gone. I can not find it. Why? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/output-device/b9261015-9a7e-41ff-9b25-7f6db64f723e
  7. How to add a device

How to add a device: I have a new pc, and want to download some programmes, of which it sends me to microsoft and says I have to add the device o my account. I don't seem to be able to do this. Any help!...
  8. Can't add device in Device and Printers or Add bluetooth devices

Can't add device in Device and Printers or Add bluetooth devices: I'm trying to connect some Bluetooth earbuds I have with an adapter I just bought. I know for a fact the adapter works it just doesnt work on my computer. Any time I try clicking on either add device in Device and Printers tab or Add bluetooth device the box opens up for a...
  9. choose privacy settings for your device screen

in Windows 10 Customization
    choose privacy settings for your device screen: How do I get the choose privacy settings for your device screen off of my laptop? I cannot open any other screens. This scrren asks me to accept, but when I do it says something went wron and is running in a loop. I see this problem has been asked before, but I did not...
  10. How to add a playback device

How to add a playback device: I am trying to use headphones, but my computer (Asus, Windows 10 pro) won't recognize them. I now need to add headphones as a playback device but there doesn't seem to be an option for that. Any advice would be greatly appreciated....