Windows 10: How to add Disk Cleanup to right-click context menu of hard drives in Windows 10

Discus and support How to add Disk Cleanup to right-click context menu of hard drives in Windows 10 in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; This post will help you with how to add Disk Cleanup to right-click menu of hard drives in Windows 10. By adding this option, you can open Disk Cleanup... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinClub, Jun 5, 2021.

1. WinClub New Member

How to add Disk Cleanup to right-click context menu of hard drives in Windows 10

This post will help you with how to add Disk Cleanup to right-click menu of hard drives in Windows 10. By adding this option, you can open Disk Cleanup for a particular drive with just two mouse clicks and then free up space for that drive, delete temporary files, etc. By default, you have to open Disk Cleanup and then select the drive for which you want to perform the cleaning process. But, when this feature is enabled, you can use Disk Cleanup for a hard drive directly.

How to add Disk Cleanup to right-click context menu of hard drives in Windows 10 Disk-Cleanup-in-context-menu.png

Add Disk Cleanup to context menu of hard drives

A Registry trick lets you add Disk Cleanup to the right-click context menu of all hard drives. Let’s check the steps:

1. Open Registry Editor
    2. Access shell Registry key
    3. Create Windows.CleanUp Registry key
    4. Create CommandStateSync String Value
    5. Create ExplorerCommandHandler String Value
    6. Add {9cca66bb-9c78-4e59-a76f-a5e9990b8aa0} in its Value data
    7. Press OK button
    8. Create Icon name String Value
    9. Add %SystemRoot%\System32\cleanmgr.exe,-104 in its Value data
    10. Press OK button
    11. Create ImpliedSelectionModel DWORD value
    12. Select Hexadecimal option in the Base section
    13. Add 1 in its Value data
    14. Press OK button
    15. Close Registry Editor.

At first, open the Registry Editor window. For this, write regedit in the Search box and use the Enter key.

In Registry Editor, access the shell name Registry key. The path is:

HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Drive\shell

How to add Disk Cleanup to right-click context menu of hard drives in Windows 10 access-shell-key.png

Access right-click menu of shell key, go to the New menu and use the Key option. This will create a new key. You need to rename that key with Windows.CleanUp, just like visible in the above screenshot.

Now, on the right-hand part of Windows.CleanUp key, create a String Value using right-click menu, and set its name to CommandStateSync.

How to add Disk Cleanup to right-click context menu of hard drives in Windows 10 create-CommandStateSync-String-Value.png

Create another String Value, and rename it with ExplorerCommandHandler. Double-click on ExplorerCommandHandler String Value and you will see a small box.

There, add {9cca66bb-9c78-4e59-a76f-a5e9990b8aa0} in the Value data box. Press the OK button.

How to add Disk Cleanup to right-click context menu of hard drives in Windows 10 create-ExplorerCommandHandler-String-Value.png

Again, create a new String Value with an Icon name. Double-click on that value and a box will visible.

There, add %SystemRoot%\System32\cleanmgr.exe,-104 in its Value data box, and press the OK button.

This will show the Disk Cleanup icon in the right-click menu of hard drives.

How to add Disk Cleanup to right-click context menu of hard drives in Windows 10 create-Icon-String-Value.png

Now create a new DWORD value using right-click context menu and rename it to ImpliedSelectionModel.

How to add Disk Cleanup to right-click context menu of hard drives in Windows 10 create-ImpliedSelectionModel-DWORD-value.png

Double-click on that DWORD value and a box will pop up. In that box, first, select the Hexadecimal option (as visible in the above screenshot) available under the Base section. After that, put 1 in the Value data field. Finally, press the OK button.

That’s all! Open File Explorer and right-click on a hard drive. You will notice that the Cleanup option is visible. Clicking on that option will open the Disk Cleanup window for that particular drive.

To remove the Disk Cleanup option from the right-click context menu of hard drives, just follow the above steps, and delete Windows.CleanUp Registry key created by you.

Hope it helps.

TIP: Did you know that the Command-line version of Disk Cleanup Utility offers more cleanup options?

How to add Disk Cleanup to right-click context menu of hard drives in Windows 10 Disk-Cleanup-in-context-menu.png
    This article How to add Disk Cleanup to right-click context menu of hard drives in Windows 10 first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com.

read more...

WinClub, Jun 5, 2021
  2. Carlo Fer Win User

Problems with disk drive on DELL Inspiron Computer i560-3102MNK uses Windows 7 and has 6GB Memory with 1TB Hard drive

Hello Kelly,

It is possible that the issue could be hardware-related. We'd like to know if the hard drive is still being detected from the BIOS or Disk Management. To access Disk management, please follow the steps below:

1. From the Start Menu, right-click on the Computer icon and choose Manage from the context menu.
    2. Click on Disk Management, which appears in the left-hand side under the heading Storage.
    3. The list of the hard drives available is now be visible in the center of the window.

If you're able to find the hard disk from the list, you can try to create a partition on your hard disk. Please refer to this link:
    Create a partition on a Windows 7 Hard Disk.

If you're unable to find the hard drive, it is possible that the hard drive is failing. I suggest that you contact the device manufacturer for further assistance.

Let us know if you have any other concerns.

Carlo Fer, Jun 5, 2021
  3. DISK CLEANUP

Hello,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

1. Which files are you trying to delete using disk clean up?
    2. Which version of Windows are you currently using?

Please reply back with the information to the above questions in order to provide you with appropriate troubleshooting steps:

I understand that you are trying to free up memory using Disk Cleanup. If you are trying to delete files using disk cleanup on Windows 10, I suggest you to refer the following article on

Disk cleanup in Windows 10
    for steps to perform disk clean up on your PC.

Hope it helps.

Sandeep Kumar M

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Sandeep_KM, Jun 5, 2021
  4. DaveM121 Win User

How to add Disk Cleanup to right-click context menu of hard drives in Windows 10

disk cleanup

Hi joysoder, to properly and safely delete any files not required by your system, run Disk Cleanup twice as explained below. Each time select everything in the list and delete them. Disk Cleanup will not suggest deleting anything that is not safe to delete
    . . .

Open File Explorer

Click on your hard drive

On the Manage Tab, click Cleanup

Let Disk Cleanup do its initial scan

Select Everything in the list and choose Delete

Start Disk Cleanup again

Let Disk Cleanup do its initial scan

This time in the resulting dialog, click 'Cleanup System Files'

Let Disk Cleanup run another scan

Select Everything in the list and choose Delete

DaveM121, Jun 5, 2021
Thema:

1. How to add Disk Cleanup to right-click context menu of hard drives in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - add Disk Cleanup

2. Right Click context menu

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Right Click context menu: How to restore old Right-click Context menu in Windows 11 as default https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/right-click-context-menu/cdfdc643-2248-4080-9d73-4685d6fdbe15
  3. Add Search to Right-Click Context Menu

in Windows 10 Customization
    Add Search to Right-Click Context Menu: I am requesting help modifying an eight-forums tutorial registry hack. The tutorial has not been updated for Win10 but works nonetheless. The Tutorial involves adding Search to the context menu of folders, drives, desktop background, This PC, as well as cabinet and...
  4. Add Search to Right-Click Context Menu

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Add Search to Right-Click Context Menu: I am requesting help modifying an eight-forums tutorial registry hack. The tutorial has not been updated for Win10 but works nonetheless. The Tutorial involves adding Search to the context menu of folders, drives, desktop background, This PC, as well as cabinet and...
  5. How to add 'copy to Notepad' in right-click context menu

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to add 'copy to Notepad' in right-click context menu: Am I dreaming? I'm certain that once upon a time, (perhaps long ago) I could highlight text on a webpage and simply right-click and copy to Notepad. I've spent hours touring the registry, trying to add the feature. I've only been able to locate desktop and explorer context...
  6. How to add 'copy to Notepad' in right-click context menu

in Windows 10 Support
    How to add 'copy to Notepad' in right-click context menu: Am I dreaming? I'm certain that once upon a time, (perhaps long ago) I could highlight text on a webpage and simply right-click and copy to Notepad. I've spent hours touring the registry, trying to add the feature. I've only been able to locate desktop and explorer context...
  7. Right-click Context Menu

in Windows 10 Support
    Right-click Context Menu: I click on ads on some websites and gadgets to give revenue to the service provider. Generally, I want to right-click, then click on 'Open Link in New Tab'. More and more, right-clicking is acting like left-clicking and taking me to the ad site in the current tab or doing...
  8. Add feature to right click context menu

in Windows 10 Support
    Add feature to right click context menu: I wonder if this has been done or available with some kind of tweak. You right click a file, but missing from the options is a prompt to Browse To a Folder to move or copy that file to. It would be easier than opening a second window and dragging files. 122619
  9. Add feaure to right click context menu

in Windows 10 Support
    Add feaure to right click context menu: I wonder if this has been done or available with some kind of tweak. You right click a file, but missing from the options is a prompt to Browse To a Folder to move or copy that file to. It would be easier than opening a second window and dragging files. 122619
  10. Cleanup - Add to Context Menu in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Cleanup - Add to Context Menu in Windows 10: How to: Cleanup - Add to Context Menu in Windows 10 How to Add Cleanup to Context Menu of Drives in Windows 10 [img] Information You can use Disk Cleanup to reduce the number of unnecessary files on your drives, which can help your PC run faster. It can delete...