Windows 10: How to add Edit to html files right click in Windows 10

Discus and support How to add Edit to html files right click in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I am trying to make Notepad++ default html editor. When I right click on a local html file I mean, a file in my documents, not on the web, there is no... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Lazar_R, Jan 11, 2021.

1. Lazar_R Win User

How to add Edit to html files right click in Windows 10

I am trying to make Notepad++ default html editor. When I right click on a local html file I mean, a file in my documents, not on the web, there is no option "Edit" at all, only Open.

I tried running Notepad++ as administrator, Setting>Preferences>File association, and registered html extension, but it did not achieve anything- still only "Open with" option, not Edit.

My default web browser is set to Chrome if it makes a difference.

:)

Lazar_R, Jan 11, 2021

2. IE favourites names too long to import - need to edit html

Hi Ford,

I appreciate you for providing the details of the issue.

I suggest you to perform below steps, if you are comfortable in editing html file.

Follow the steps below.

• Right Click on Favorites file and Click on Open with Notepad.
    • Edit and shorten Favorite name after the Url link.
    • Click on Save.
    To import file try the below step.

• Open Internet Explorer.

• Click on the Star > "Add to Favorites" drop-down > "Import and Export"

• Mark a box "Import from a file".

• Click the Next button.

• Mark a box "Favorites".

• On the next screen, using a Browse button find a file "bookmarks.html", highlight it, and click OPEN.

• Click on "Next" button.

• Click on "Import" button.

• Click on "Finish" button.
    Disclaimer: Make sure to backup Favorites file.

Hope the above information was helpful. If you need further assistance, we will be glad to assist you.

Ashwin V S, Jan 11, 2021
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jan 11, 2021
  4. How to add Edit to html files right click in Windows 10

How .html > .doc

To save the web page as HTML, follow the steps below:

• Right-click on the web page that you want to save as HTML.
    • The Save As dialog window appears. Select Web Page, Complete in the Save as type dropdown.
    • The web page is now saved as a set of HTML file.

Do update us on how it goes.

Lizette Ags, Jan 11, 2021
Thema:

How to add Edit to html files right click in Windows 10

1. How to add Edit to html files right click in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - add Edit html

2. How to add app to right-click menu

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to add app to right-click menu: I have Photoshop 2020 on my computer. But it does not appear in the Right Click Menu for any kind of app. I did the following: In RegEdit, I went to HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Directory\Background\shell. I added a new entry for Shell: Photoshop. Created a new subfolder there called...
  3. Right-Click to Add to Registry

Right-Click to Add to Registry: Ok, here's what I wanna do. I wanna create a right-click menu option to add a program to the registry. Specifically, I want to add it to HKCU\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run. I have installed FileMenu Tools to help me with this. I also know I can go to...
  4. Editing the File Explorer right-click menu?

in Windows 10 Support
    Editing the File Explorer right-click menu?: I'm pretty sure that years ago (possibly on my previous PC under XP) I used to have a tool that would let me edit the FE context menu. But darned if I can find it now that I want to prune the long list I've accumulated. Can anyone point me to a safe and simple utility for...
  5. How to add an html email signature to Windows 10 Mail

How to add an html email signature to Windows 10 Mail: I'd like to know how to add my html email signature to Windows Mail. It works for outlook, but when I add it via the signature window it looks fine, but anyone receiving the signature also receives attachments of the images even though the images are hosted on my server...so...
  6. How to add any application to right-click menu in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    How to add any application to right-click menu in Windows 10: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]By editing the Windows Registry, you can add Open with for any application to the Windows desktop right-click context menu in Windows 10. This can be quite useful if you use any program frequently. Let us see how to do [...] This post How to add any...
  7. How to add remove right click menu in Win10

How to add remove right click menu in Win10: Hi When I right click a file I don't see run script, compile script and edit script options in window 10. I want to these in right click menu but not able to include them in right click menu. Someone please guide me how to customize right click menu for these items. Thanks....
  8. Edit html with Spartan

in Browsers and Email
    Edit html with Spartan: I just started using Spartan. I tried to edit one of my html files as I usually do by right clicking on a space then choose "View Source" which will open it up. But with Spartan if I right click I don't have the View Source option. Does anyone know how to do it? 6119
  9. right click a file : open with > ... how add my applications ?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    right click a file : open with > ... how add my applications ?: After the darn Microsoft update was installed a lot of problems have occurred. Every time I boot the system a new annoyance come up. I was used to right click a .jpg (or some other pictures extensions) and have the option to choose Adobe Photoshop. The Photoshop suddenly...
  10. edit the right click menu

in Windows 10 Support
    edit the right click menu: How do you change the context menu for web pages (.HTML, .HTM files) so when you right-click and select "Edit" the file is opened in another HTML editor (Dreamweaver, Visual Studio, Sublime Text, etc....) rather then Microsoft Word? Thanks 64829