Windows 10: How to add entries to windows boot manager

Discus and support How to add entries to windows boot manager in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hello windows community! I've got a repeating problem with my windows installation that is preventing me from using grub with bitlocker. After... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/TheRealHyperlink, Apr 24, 2021.

1. How to add entries to windows boot manager

Hello windows community! I've got a repeating problem with my windows installation that is preventing me from using grub with bitlocker. After researching a solution I found the most simple and secure solution is to use the built in windows boot manager. I have found visualBCD and other utilities to not work as my laptop is configured in secure boot. The only utility that seems to do it's job is the build in BCD command in the windows terminal. The problem is I don't know how to create entries or configure the boot menu. Any help would be appreciated! Thanks!

submitted by /u/TheRealHyperlink
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/TheRealHyperlink, Apr 24, 2021

2. Windows boot manager

Hi Robert,

Windows boot manager may show upon startup if there are other entries present in
    msconfig
    or if there are other operating systems installed on your computer. To isolate your concern, we'd like to ask the following:

• Have you installed any other Operating Systems on your computer?
    • Have you made any changes to the computer prior to this issue?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?

We look forward to your response.

Eileen Gal, Apr 24, 2021
  3. Windows boot manager

There could be some system conflict triggered after the said changes. To help you with your concern, we suggest that you perform a clean boot. A
    clean boot is performed to start Windows by using a minimal set of drivers and startup programs. This will help to determine what is causing the issue on the Windows boot manager. To do this, click on this
    link and scroll down to the
    How to determine what is causing the problem by performing a clean boot section then follow the steps listed..

Note: If the installation is successful and the issue has been resolved. Please go through the section “How to reset the computer to start as usual” to reset your computer to the normal startup.

Let us know how it goes after performing the suggested steps.

Eileen Gal, Apr 24, 2021
  4. How to add entries to windows boot manager

Am I getting the most out of my SSD?

Step 1
    Press "Windows-X" in Windows 8, and then select "Device Manager." In Windows 7 or Vista, click the "Start" button, type "device manager" into the search box, and then press "Enter."

Step 2
    Click the arrow next to "IDE ATA/ATAPI Controllers" to display the list of controller drivers currently used by your system.

Step 3
    Check for an entry that contains the acronym "AHCI." If an entry exists, and there is no yellow exclamation mark or red "X" over it, then AHCI mode is properly enabled. If you don't see an "AHCI" entry, or the only entry contains a red or yellow mark, then there's a problem and AHCI mode is not properly enabled.

TheBrainyOne, Apr 24, 2021
Thema:

How to add entries to windows boot manager

1. How to add entries to windows boot manager - Similar Threads - add entries boot

2. How to remove Windows Boot Manager entry from one disk?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to remove Windows Boot Manager entry from one disk?: Hello. I have an Acer laptop with Nvme2 disk which I have windows installed on it. I have decided to add secondary 2,5" SSD Samsung EVO 860 and did it. This SSD was used in my previous laptop, it was a main disk, I had windows and all the files there.So before moving to a new...
  3. How to remove Windows Boot Manager entry from one disk?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to remove Windows Boot Manager entry from one disk?: Hello. I have an Acer laptop with Nvme2 disk which I have windows installed on it. I have decided to add secondary 2,5" SSD Samsung EVO 860 and did it. This SSD was used in my previous laptop, it was a main disk, I had windows and all the files there.So before moving to a new...
  4. WinRE, add boot menu entry

in Windows 10 Customization
    WinRE, add boot menu entry: 1909 Anyone know how to do it? (The internal drive's WinRE.) 160075
  5. How do i add a boot entry for a partition

in Windows 10 Customization
    How do i add a boot entry for a partition: Hello, as the title says, how can i add a boot entry for a specific partition. I have tried EasyBCD, but my system ssd is in UEFI. Is there a workaround to this issue? Thanks in advance,...
  6. Add UEFI entries to boot menu

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Add UEFI entries to boot menu: I was wondering if there is any way to add a UEFI option to the bootmgr menu. I am trying to add GRUB to the boot menu; however, since Windows doesn't load anything but Windows in secure boot mode, I can't just load the GRUB file, hence the need to add the UEFI entry. My...
  7. Help in adding entry in windows boot manager

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Help in adding entry in windows boot manager: Is there any way to add this "linpus lite" device in windows boot manager?[ATTACH][ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/help-in-adding-entry-in-windows-boot-manager/60603028-a106-49d4-bd5e-c28cb768ff5a
  8. How to add WINPE boot entry to UEFI USB Windows installation stick?

How to add WINPE boot entry to UEFI USB Windows installation stick?: Howdy all. I have several usb sticks I have made with grub4dos that fills my use, but I miss UEFI options. After what I understand UEFI boot installation stick only boots windows images. I can successfully rename source folders from installation file s to source folder with...
  9. How to add WINPE boot entry to UEFI USB Windows installation stick?

in Windows 10 Support
    How to add WINPE boot entry to UEFI USB Windows installation stick?: Howdy all. I have several usb sticks I have made with grub4dos that fills my use, but I miss UEFI options. After what I understand UEFI boot installation stick only boots windows images. I can successfully rename source folders from installation file s to source folder with...
  10. How to add a boot entry for windows 7?

How to add a boot entry for windows 7?: Thanks for posting back with results and marking the thread Solved. This will help other users with the same question. *Smile