Windows 10: How to add File name extensions item to Context Menu in Windows 10

Discus and support How to add File name extensions item to Context Menu in Windows 10 in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; [ATTACH] [ATTACH]Microsoft has added a feature on the File Explorer Options or Folder Options ribbon and mini window on Windows 10 which allows the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinClub, Nov 13, 2019.

1. WinClub New Member

How to add File name extensions item to Context Menu in Windows 10

WinClub, Nov 13, 2019
  2. Brink Win User
    Brink, Nov 13, 2019
  3. dalchina Win User
    Modify Title of Context Menu Item

This is curiously difficult. No one utility seems to offer a complete list of context menu entries as far as I know.

For example, using Shellmenuview, you can access the relevant entry in Regedit. For some it appears to offer the ability to change that text:

How to add File name extensions item to Context Menu in Windows 10 [​IMG]

That's an installed program.

For others, it doesn't.

(That's a default Windows program....).

Note too the text appears in multiple places where the program is associated with multiple extensions.

The venerable ContextMenuEdit allows you to edit the text, but again, this is non-trivial- consider here the extension list supported by vlc player, undifferentiated in the left column:

To be consistent, each one would have to be edited- then if you changed player, all that would be lost.

Basically this, I suggest, is not worth pursuing except in very specific cases should there be a real need.

Considering the impact of upgrading, changes to installed program context menu entries should not be affected. Changes to Windows default entries- if that's even feasible, which I doubt, as I believe the text isn't in the registry, would be restored to default.

dalchina, Nov 13, 2019
  4. User919 Win User

User919, Nov 13, 2019
Thema:

1. How to add File name extensions item to Context Menu in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - add File name

2. How to add Create Restore Point item to Context Menu in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    How to add Create Restore Point item to Context Menu in Windows 10: System Protection is a feature that allows PC users to perform a system restore where you select an earlier point in time, called a system restore point that your system reverts to, in the event your PC isn’t working well and you recently installed an app, driver, or update....
  3. Add Run item to the Sandbox Context Menu in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Add Run item to the Sandbox Context Menu in Windows 10: [ATTACH]Windows offers the Sandbox feature, which is perfect for testing out applications you don’t trust. However, testing them with Sandbox is not straight forward. You […] This article Add Run item to the Sandbox Context Menu in Windows 10 first appeared on...
  4. How to add Install CAB item to the Context Menu of Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    How to add Install CAB item to the Context Menu of Windows 10: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]CAB or Cabinet files are the packages mostly released by Microsoft and other OEMs as a source of offline installation of Windows Updates and even driver updates. But many users find it difficult to install CAB or Cabinet Files on [...] This post How to add...
  5. Add or Remove Items in Send To context menu in Windows

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Add or Remove Items in Send To context menu in Windows: How to: Add or Remove Items in Send To context menu in Windows How to Add or Remove Items in Send To context menu in Windows 7, Windows 8, and Windows 10 You will see the Send to context menu when you right click on a file or folder in Windows. The Send to context...
  6. Add File Name Extensions Context Menu in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Add File Name Extensions Context Menu in Windows 10: How to: Add File Name Extensions Context Menu in Windows 10 How to Add File Name Extensions Context Menu in Windows 10 A file name extension is a set of characters added to the end of a file name that determine which app should open it. By default, File Explorer hides...
  7. How do I add an item to the SEND TO context menu?

in Windows 10 Support
    How do I add an item to the SEND TO context menu?: Lets say I right-click a folder in Windows Explorer. I want to be able to Send To -> My_Program When I Send To, can I assume that the item clicked is sent in variable %1 ? 65257
  8. Item check boxes - Add to Context Menu in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Item check boxes - Add to Context Menu in Windows 10: How to: Item check boxes - Add to Context Menu in Windows 10 How to Add Item check boxes to Context Menu in Windows 10 [img] Information You can use check boxes to make selecting multiple items in any order easier to do in File Explorer and on your desktop in Windows....
  9. Hidden items - Add to Context Menu in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Hidden items - Add to Context Menu in Windows 10: How to: Hidden items - Add to Context Menu in Windows 10 How to Add Hidden items to Context Menu in Windows 10 [img] Information Hidden files, folders, and drives do not show by default in Windows. Windows protected system files (ex: desktop.ini files) are hidden by...
  10. Hide selected items - Add to Context Menu in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Hide selected items - Add to Context Menu in Windows 10: How to: Hide selected items - Add to Context Menu in Windows 10 How to Add Hide selected items to Context Menu in Windows 10 Hidden files, folders, and drives do not show by default in Windows. Windows protected system files (ex: desktop.ini files) are hidden by...