Windows 10: How to add folder to "This PC" ?

Discus and support How to add folder to "This PC" ? in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; How to add folder to "This PC" ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-add-folder-to-this-pc/a4bc5cb7-b539-4645-8939-fece59b349dc Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by mazenmohammad, Feb 18, 2022.

1. How to add folder to "This PC" ?

How to add folder to "This PC" ?

:)

mazenmohammad, Feb 18, 2022
  2. enso Win User

Quick Access not searching Pictures folder

Summary, that last suggestion didn't work.

• I moved the pictures to another folder temporarily.

• Since there were no troubleshooting steps for this scenario, just for the heck of it, I ran through the restore steps. Copied some pictures into the Pictures folder, ran a Quick Access search and initial problem remains: Searching all of QA doesn't find any files in Pictures folder, running search on just the Pictures folder does. I want to run a global search and find matching files in any/all of the Documents, Music, Videos, and Pictures folders.
    That article dates from 2015 and I'm guessing is out of date. I hope it didn't create potential future problems in my registry.

Bottom line: I'm still looking for a fix.

3. Micah Bat Win User
    Documents/Pictures folders under 'This PC' refer to onedrive - not the local folders

Since the only folder that has incorrect file path is the Documents folder under This PC, we would suggest you do the same steps provided above. However, do it in your Documents folder under This PC. To do so, kindly follow the steps below:

• Open File Explorer
    • Click This PC
    • Right-click on Documents
    • Click Properties
    • Click Location
    • Click Restore Default
    • Click Apply
    • Click OK
    Also, we would like to inform you that "winhelponline.com" is not associated with Microsoft.

Let us know how it goes.

Micah Bat, Feb 18, 2022
  4. How to add folder to "This PC" ?

Downloads folder is the Documents folder

Hi Chris,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to Restore to Default the folders and document settings and see if it helps.

Step 1:

Please follow below steps and check if it helps.

• Go to Download folder.
    • Right click on the Download Folder and go to Properties.
    • In Properties go to Location tab.
    • In location Tab Click on Restore Default.

Step 2:

Please follow below steps and check if it helps.

• Go to Documents folder.
    • Right click on the Document folder and go to Properties.
    • In Properties go to Location tab.
    • In location Tab Click on Restore Default.
    After performing above steps change the settings as you required and check if it helps.

Hope these information helps, please get back to us for future support, we’ll be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Prabhavathi Patil, Feb 18, 2022
Thema:

How to add folder to "This PC" ?

1. How to add folder to "This PC" ? - Similar Threads - add folder

2. How to add Python folder in Windows Registry ?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to add Python folder in Windows Registry ?: While trying to uninstall python to solve some errors, I have deleted that folder in the Windows Registery all all the subfolder as well then: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Python. That was probably reckless, and now even if I reinstall Python, the folder is gone and it looks...
  3. How to add Python folder in Windows Registry ?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to add Python folder in Windows Registry ?: While trying to uninstall python to solve some errors, I have deleted that folder in the Windows Registery all all the subfolder as well then: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Python. That was probably reckless, and now even if I reinstall Python, the folder is gone and it looks...
  4. How to add Python folder in Windows Registry ?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Unable to add folder to Library

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to add folder to Library: Hello everyone,Windows 11 home, version 23H2 build 22631.3155Took a photo using my HP laptop camera app, but it will not save the image, error code 0xA00F424F. When the laptop was purchased this worked. Note: all of the "My" folders have been mapped to new locations with "My...
  6. Unable to add folder to Library

Unable to add folder to Library: Hello everyone,Windows 11 home, version 23H2 build 22631.3155Took a photo using my HP laptop camera app, but it will not save the image, error code 0xA00F424F. When the laptop was purchased this worked. Note: all of the "My" folders have been mapped to new locations with "My...
  7. Add an Email account logon back that previously had its folder structure removed as damaged.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Add an Email account logon back that previously had its folder structure removed as damaged.: I have several Win 11 pro computers in a 'workgroup'. No domain or server logon.These computers are doing the same work but using alternate attached mfr. hardware that are similar in use.Normally only a couple are online together. No issues.Initially each of the computers...
  8. Add an Email account logon back that previously had its folder structure removed as damaged.

Add an Email account logon back that previously had its folder structure removed as damaged.: I have several Win 11 pro computers in a 'workgroup'. No domain or server logon.These computers are doing the same work but using alternate attached mfr. hardware that are similar in use.Normally only a couple are online together. No issues.Initially each of the computers...
  9. How to add the "Open" button/section within folders Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to add the "Open" button/section within folders Windows 11: Hello, my computer was recently upgraded to Windows 11. One of the button's I appreciated the most was the "open" button within the "open" section of the folders that I most often use. This is because the mouse I use does not work well with "double clicking" and I find it...
  10. How to add the "Open" button/section within folders Windows 11

How to add the "Open" button/section within folders Windows 11: Hello, my computer was recently upgraded to Windows 11. One of the button's I appreciated the most was the "open" button within the "open" section of the folders that I most often use. This is because the mouse I use does not work well with "double clicking" and I find it...