Windows 10: How to Add Full Permissions to A Read-Only Share

Discus and support How to Add Full Permissions to A Read-Only Share in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Yeah, I F'ed up. I removed all of the read-write and full permissions to a share and need to put them back. This share is not on a traditional MS... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by ElephanteEd, Jun 23, 2022.

1. How to Add Full Permissions to A Read-Only Share

Yeah, I F'ed up. I removed all of the read-write and full permissions to a share and need to put them back. This share is not on a traditional MS server but a NetApp SAN that can emulate a MS OS.Is there a way I can add full permissions back onto this share?

:)

ElephanteEd, Jun 23, 2022

2. Removing Read Only from shared files

Hi fink52,

This issue might occur if you have not given full control to the folder, when you share it with everyone. I suggest you follow the below steps and check if it helps:

• Right-click the folder.
    • Select Properties.
    • Click on Sharing tab.
    • Click on Advanced Sharing button.
    • Put a check mark next to the Share this folder option.
    • Click the Permission button.
    • Put a check mark next to the Full control option.
    • Click on Apply, then click OK.

Let us know how it goes.

Aileen Alf, Jun 23, 2022
  3. Permission issue, shared drive Windows 10.

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We can understand your concern. However, we would need some more information regarding the issue.

1. May I know the exact error message?
    2. Have you shared all hard drives or any particular folder within the particular hard drive?

Since you have mentioned that you are getting error related to permission issue, please refer to the troubleshooting steps provided by “Azee N” dated June 2nd 2010 on
    Providing permission to drive and try
    providing permission to the drive.

If the issue still persists, we would suggest you to follow the steps mentioned below to re-map the drive.

1. Disconnect the drive by right click on the drive and select disconnect (if the drive is mapped).
    2. Then re-map the drive by referring to Map a network drive
      and check if it resolves the issue.

Regards,

Manjunath_H, Jun 23, 2022
  4. Ruz San Win User

How to Add Full Permissions to A Read-Only Share

permissions

Hi,

Let's make sure that Public folder sharing is on in Network and Sharing Center. Follow these steps:

• Click on Start.
    • Type Manage advanced sharing settings then press Enter.
    • Expand All Networks.
    • Under Public folder sharing, choose Turn on sharing so anyone with network access can read and write files in the Public folders.
    • Click on Save changes.

We also suggest you disable your antivirus software if you still encounter the error after following the steps above.

Let us know if the suggestions above help you in fixing the problem.

Regards.

Ruz San, Jun 23, 2022
Thema:

How to Add Full Permissions to A Read-Only Share

1. How to Add Full Permissions to A Read-Only Share - Similar Threads - Add Full Permissions

2. How to Add Full Permissions to A Read-Only Share

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to Add Full Permissions to A Read-Only Share: Yeah, I F'ed up. I removed all of the read-write and full permissions to a share and need to put them back. This share is not on a traditional MS server but a NetApp SAN that can emulate a MS OS.Is there a way I can add full permissions back onto this share?...
  3. How to Add Full Permissions to A Read-Only Share

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How to Add Full Permissions to A Read-Only Share: Yeah, I F'ed up. I removed all of the read-write and full permissions to a share and need to put them back. This share is not on a traditional MS server but a NetApp SAN that can emulate a MS OS.Is there a way I can add full permissions back onto this share?...
  4. Permission in changing read only

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Permission in changing read only: So, I just got xbox game pass and I want to install a mod in one of the games, but the directory of the game is in WindowsApps. Because of this, I have gone through and changed ownership permission so my user account has full control over all files and folders in WindowsApps....
  5. How to share a public read only folder

How to share a public read only folder: I have Hotmail and Office 365 Personal, and use OneDrive. . I would like to create a public read-only folder. . Also, I would like to create a public read-write folder. . The rest should be only accessible by me. . Is there a special, public PUBLIC OneDrive share URL...
  6. how to stop sharing my docs how to disable read-only

how to stop sharing my docs how to disable read-only: I upgraded to MS 2019. I made a mistake and signed into the Microsoft account. I do not need to share I'm just starting a new career so I do not have any employees. Now every time I open a document it say read-only. I cannot edit nor can I save. Before a message would come...
  7. Read-only file permissions forced in Windows 10

Read-only file permissions forced in Windows 10: My C: drive is a SSD and my main data drive is D: and is a 1 TB disk drive. Windows 10 forces read-only permissions on the folders in my D: drive, and I cannot change that. What the heck is going on, and how do I turn my data drive into a useful storage locations?...
  8. How to 'share' read-only copy of wookbook?

in Microsoft Office and 365
    How to 'share' read-only copy of wookbook?: How do you 'share' a read-only copy workbook in Office 365 subscription? We all have a copy of 365 and have downloaded the programs (excel, word...) to our office boxes. User Authorworkbook is constantly updating a workbook call project and others need to access it...
  9. File says it's read only, even though permissions are set to full-control

File says it's read only, even though permissions are set to full-control: Hi, I"m trying to clear out the properties on some photos & video files, but I'm getting the error message "This item is read-only. It cannot be modified." The permissions were set to "read & execute" & "read." Even after I modified every group and user to have full...
  10. Read Permissions

in Windows 10 Support
    Read Permissions: I moved My Documents to my D: drive. I did this by going to My Documents Properties, then the Location tab, then entered the new location and clicked Move. It worked great for a while; quite a while. Then all the sudden, when I would do a Save As, give it a name, click...