Windows 10: How to add information to the "Authors" and "Year" to PDF file details?

Discus and support How to add information to the "Authors" and "Year" to PDF file details? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; TL;DR: "Authors", "Year", etc. fields of .pdf files are blank, how to populate them?Greetings! So, I have a fairly simple and straightforward... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Asketa, Aug 28, 2021.

1. Asketa Win User

How to add information to the "Authors" and "Year" to PDF file details?

TL;DR: "Authors", "Year", etc. fields of .pdf files are blank, how to populate them?Greetings! So, I have a fairly simple and straightforward question/problem. I use a lot of PDFs for my research and I would like to organize them better in File Explorer. And no, I don't want to use programs like Zotero, Mendeley, etc., because they change the destination of PDFs, their name, make their version of "parent file", and, in short, I don't want to have to use a different program to access my files - I like Windows Folder/File organization just fine. Therefore, I want to be able to add information

:)

Asketa, Aug 28, 2021

2. Pdf file

Hello Bhaumik,

For you to download and access the PDF files, please follow the steps below:

• Please download and install the UC browser and Xodo PDF Reader & Editor from Windows Store.
    • Once installed, please download the PDF file from a web page using the
      UC browser
      by tapping the PDF file you wish to download > Click
      Regular Download
    • Once the PDF file is downloaded, please go to App list >
      Xodo application
      > Menu icon > Recent Documents > tap the
      PDF file you've downloaded from UC browser.

Please note that if you have an existing PDF Reader application installed on your phone, we suggest that you uninstall it first.

Let us know if this works for you.

Gerald Mal, Aug 28, 2021
  3. Searching in PDF?

Hey guys, I need to look up a large list of data from a PDF file, basically just to check if each entry of the list is in the pdf. Is there some way to do this without having to check one by one?

ebolamonkey3, Aug 28, 2021
  4. Anna Bon Win User

PDF

Hello,

Regarding your PDF documents, the location will be based on where you saved the files. For your second inquiry, your documents can be converted to a PDF. If the original file is from Office Word, we suggest that you follow the steps below:

• In Word, select File > Save As.

• Select where you want to save the file.

• Type a new File name if you want.

• For Save as type, select PDF.

• For Optimize for, select an option: Standard or
      Minimum Size.

• Select Open File After Publishing, if you want to open the file after you save it as a PDF. This is selected by default.

• Select Save.
    If the steps provided is not working, please get back to us with the exact version of your Office Word.

Let us know the result of the suggested steps.

Thank you.

Anna Bon, Aug 28, 2021
Thema:

1. How to add information to the "Authors" and "Year" to PDF file details? - Similar Threads - add information Authors

2. How to add information tip

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to add information tip: I want to add a information tip at folder level. Please let me know how to that if the folder is ina Local driveb Network drive https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-add-information-tip/6683214f-6a3c-42b5-94d6-f69e281bd557
  3. Author information in File Explorer's column not showing

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Author information in File Explorer's column not showing: Hi, my teammates and I have a shared folder in the file explorer to store our work documents. Since we have a very large amount of folder in there, we planned to include the Author column in the file explorer so that we can easily see which folder belongs to whom. However,...
  4. Author information in File Explorer's column not showing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Author information in File Explorer's column not showing: Hi, my teammates and I have a shared folder in the file explorer to store our work documents. Since we have a very large amount of folder in there, we planned to include the Author column in the file explorer so that we can easily see which folder belongs to whom. However,...
  5. Author information in File Explorer's column not showing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. How can I add description details to a file?

How can I add description details to a file?: In some folders, I have a lot of files, and sorting by tags or giving files a rating would tremendously help. So my question is how can I give "tags" or a "rating" to any file?...
  7. Add details to files in the detail view

Add details to files in the detail view: Hello. I have a folder, "Invoices," that has a few different file types in it. The files are invoices that I get from vendors, normally as email attachments. I have over 100 vendors and I get the invoices as PDF's, Excel, or Word. I drag and drop the email attachment to...
  8. How do I add more information to my details pane?

in Windows 10 Support
    How do I add more information to my details pane?: I have windows 10 and I have movie files on my computer and I want to organize them a bit better. I use mp3tag to change my cover art and then I use re name my tv series to rename the files. I have a lot of anime series on my computer currently and I want go also try and...
  9. How to add more information to a video file or .mp4 file?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to add more information to a video file or .mp4 file?: Hello there everyone. I was wondering if there is someone that could help me out if possible. Here's what I have already found out online and what I have already done. I was using the plex to organize and add information to my videos nut now I realized its not really...
  10. How to add details to mkv files for explorer?

in Windows 10 Support
    How to add details to mkv files for explorer?: Hi, is there any way to add details to mkv files and with details I mean for example year? So I can sort my mkv files in folder by year? [img] 86947