Windows 10: How to add Libraries to Quick Access in Windows 10

Discus and support How to add Libraries to Quick Access in Windows 10 in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; The Quick Access folder in File Explorer in Windows 10 opens by default instead of This PC as it was done in previous Windows versions (you can still... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinClub, Apr 10, 2021.

1. WinClub New Member

How to add Libraries to Quick Access in Windows 10

The Quick Access folder in File Explorer in Windows 10 opens by default instead of This PC as it was done in previous Windows versions (you can still configure File Explorer to open This PC instead of Quick Access). This folder shows recent files and frequent folders in a single view. PC users can pin […]

This article How to add Libraries to Quick Access in Windows 10 first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com.

read more...

WinClub, Apr 10, 2021
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Apr 10, 2021
  3. Quick Access bar

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

We would be glad to help you with the issue you are facing today. I understand the difficulty.

Remove items from Quick access.

I would suggest you to follow the below steps.

• Right click on the file or folder.
    • Select the option “unpin from the quick access”

To pin items to an item already on the quick access bar.

Follow the below steps.

I would suggest you to create folder in the desktop screen & place all the files or folder which need to pin to the quick access.

• Open the quick access.
    • Select the Desktop option.
    • Right click on the folder & select the option “pin to quick access”

Hope this helps in resolving the issue. If the issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

Thank you.

Mohammed AliAli, Apr 10, 2021
  4. How to add Libraries to Quick Access in Windows 10

update about Quick Access not responding

Hello,

To troubleshoot your concern, we suggest that you try to follow the steps provided below:

• Disable Quick Access.
    • Re-enable Quick Access.
    • Restart your computer, and see if it helps.

• For you to customize the Quick Access Toolbar, click
      here.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards.

Marivel Man, Apr 10, 2021
Thema:

How to add Libraries to Quick Access in Windows 10

1. How to add Libraries to Quick Access in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - add Libraries Quick

2. How to add Custom Libraries to windows

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to add Custom Libraries to windows: I have an old PC that I wish to use as a smart home server, however I am having a problem Streaming Content from the Hard Drives Internally Plugged into the Machine on the TV's in our house, so far it can only read data in the libraries on the C Drive Which Only Contains Some...
  3. How to add Custom Libraries to windows

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to add Custom Libraries to windows: I have an old PC that I wish to use as a smart home server, however I am having a problem Streaming Content from the Hard Drives Internally Plugged into the Machine on the TV's in our house, so far it can only read data in the libraries on the C Drive Which Only Contains Some...
  4. How to add Custom Libraries to windows

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. How to add a shortcut file into windows 11 quick access

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to add a shortcut file into windows 11 quick access: So I have a shortcut file, and i want to pin that on to my quick access, i dont want to add a folder, and right clicking does not show any pin to quick access. is this possible?...
  6. How to add a shortcut file into windows 11 quick access

How to add a shortcut file into windows 11 quick access: So I have a shortcut file, and i want to pin that on to my quick access, i dont want to add a folder, and right clicking does not show any pin to quick access. is this possible?...
  7. How to add libraries in This PC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to add libraries in This PC: Hello, greetings.This is might be a slly question but im not finding any solution to thishow do i add libraries Videos, Music, Pictures etc. to this homepage?I recently clean re-intalled MS Windows 11 because of some problem, I want THIS PC page to look like the legacy...
  8. How to add libraries in This PC

How to add libraries in This PC: Hello, greetings.This is might be a slly question but im not finding any solution to thishow do i add libraries Videos, Music, Pictures etc. to this homepage?I recently clean re-intalled MS Windows 11 because of some problem, I want THIS PC page to look like the legacy...
  9. Change Quick Access and Libraries Pictures Location

in Windows 10 Support
    Change Quick Access and Libraries Pictures Location: I have moved everything from the Pictures folder in C:\Users\Owner to a Pictures folder on my E drive. I want to change the location on the Quick Access and This PC menus to the new location. I don't have to move any files or folders. Running Win 10 Pro up to date. 171504
  10. Is it possible to add FILES to Quick Access?

in Windows 10 Support
    Is it possible to add FILES to Quick Access?: Seems like only folders can be added to Quick Access but I'd like to pin a handful of files (Word docs) which I access frequently. Is there a way to do it? 45367